Anybody use this??? Silk Elements?

SweetAKA said:
Hey, yeah this is the one that I use. The only thing that I have from the orginal Silk Elements line is the polishing gloss. The hair mayo is great IMO. Like I said I am 13wks post and I just used it a couple of days ago and now people are telling me that whoever did my relaxer did a great job. But I havnt had one yet!!! :grin:

So I love it. I put it on my dry head with some jojoba oil mixed in, sit under the dryer for about 20-30min, then I rinse and add my leave-in. At this point I would be dreading having to comb through my hair, but with the mayo treatment it leaves my hair so soft and detangled the comb just slides through. Which anyone that has ever stretched their relaxers out know that combing through some wet 13wk post hair will make you want to shave your head off, if you dont have the right stuff in it. :lol:
Thanks SweetAKA

secretdiamond said:
You always crack me up!! HAHA!
Well laugh yo self on down to the PO and send me a dolla!

For real though, you ladies loving Silk Elements and Revive & Restore should get a Sally card. They cost five bucks, but you will save that the first time you use it. With the card the SE relaxer is 12.99 per bucket. Since you start using your card with your next purchase, the day I got my card I bought that lil .99 mag they sell at the check-out and then the next day I went back in and got all the stuff I wanted to get the day before so I got the discount.

High Priestess said:
I thought this was a no-lye treatment. I guess I will have to research this.:D
Silk Elements has both relaxers. The No-Lye comes in the kit that you have to mix and the Lye you can get in a 1lb tub or a 4lb tub.

yourleoqueen said:
Silk Elements has both relaxers. The No-Lye comes in the kit that you have to mix and the Lye you can get in a 1lb tub or a 4lb tub.
Thanks yourleoqueen,
Now I understand. I wondered if there were more than one type of kit.
I purchased the no-lye. I can't wait until my scalp heals so that I can get it done here. ;)

I use the leave in, it smells good, it detangles, softens and the ingredients are alright. Its not as good as Salerm, but since I can't find any in the UK, Silk elements is the next best thing.

The MegaSilk Moist Treatment, makes my hair really soft. I used it right after my Protien treatment last night, although it doesnt have the slip that I like, Its still a keeper :D

Im interested in the other products in the line as well..

I would like to try the relaxer, but I need something SKRONG :lol:

SweetAKA said:
So I love it. I put it on my dry head with some jojoba oil mixed in, sit under the dryer for about 20-30min, then I rinse and add my leave-in. At this point I would be dreading having to comb through my hair, but with the mayo treatment it leaves my hair so soft and detangled the comb just slides through. Which anyone that has ever stretched their relaxers out know that combing through some wet 13wk post hair will make you want to shave your head off, if you dont have the right stuff in it. :lol:

So you co-washed with the hair mayo right? or did u do a regular wash w/ shampoo? I think i may try this on dry hair. How much is the hair mayo?

KhandiB said:
The MegaSilk Moist Treatment, makes my hair really soft. I used it right after my Protien treatment last night, although it doesnt have the slip that I like, Its still a keeper :D

you can try the one for coarse hair.

MissFallon said:
So you co-washed with the hair mayo right? or did u do a regular wash w/ shampoo? I think i may try this on dry hair. How much is the hair mayo?

The Silk Elements Revive and Restore Hair Mayo is on sale this mo. 2 for $12. They are 19 oz each. Reg. price $7.99

I haven't used it yet but the Moisturizing treatment is a keeper:lachen: :lachen:

KhandiB said:

Girl, gon an try it! I thought my hair was skrong, but that regular brought it to it's knees quick! When I was trying to decide what strength to get the lady at Sally told me her best friend had 'straight outta Africa hair' (her words, not mine. This is the same chick that made the Piggly Wiggly bag comment. She had me rollin.) and had been using Bantu but she switched to the SE Lye for Coarse hair and loved it.

I bought a tub of Silk Elements Anti-Breakage Cream tonight and I'm in love!! It smells delicious, is rich & creamy, and is chock full of amazing ingriedients. It's on sale for $3.99 this month at Sally's.

373740.jpg

MissFallon said:

I bought the packets for, I think, $1.00 w/my Sally's Card. I did a co-wash. I put it on my hair, while it is dry. Sit under the dryer for about 20min and then I rinse. I apply my conditioners, let that stay on for about 10min, rinse and apply my leave-ins.

I tried to do this and add Shampoo with it, but it made my hair feel kinda weird. I couldnt tell if it was because I used my nexxus shampoo or not. But if you put this on your hair dry, let it sit, and go to rinse it out you can feel how soft it makes your hair right at that point. I use two packs each time I do it, which is once a week. I'll be buying the tub this weekend, because this is most def a keeper.

There is a difference between the two lines they have I believe. Because I have not tried the regular Mega Silk treatment. I always get the revive and restore mayo treatment. I'm not sure how the other works.

MzTami said:
I'm the odd ball here. I tried Silk elements prior to joining LHCF, and I wasn't impressed. The relaxer didn't last long and I didn't like the shampoo or conditioner. It just didn't do anything for my hair. :(

you're not the oddball. i tried the SE lye relaxer and it was pure crap on my hair. I mean, it did nada :perplexed

candita said:
you're not the oddball. i tried the SE lye relaxer and it was pure crap on my hair. I mean, it did nada :perplexed

Did you use the regular or extra strength relaxer? Is your hair very thick? The reason I asked is because sometimes perhaps the processing may not be from the "Extra Strength" formula.

Priestess said:
I bought a tub of Silk Elements Anti-Breakage Cream tonight and I'm in love!! It smells delicious, is rich & creamy, and is chock full of amazing ingriedients. It's on sale for $3.99 this month at Sally's.

I haven't tried that one, but the mayo is great. I tried the mayo sample about 3 days ago. It made my hair super wavy....pretty strange. :lol:

Letitia said:
I picked this up but havent used it yet.

I finally use the Moisturizing treatment tonight and I love it! I will buy it again in a heartbeat. It's a keeper. I am glad to be able to say that. So many things I am indifferent on. But this I LOVE!

I love the Silk Elements line. If I ever get rid of my pj ways and pick one line. This one would be it. My favorite product is the MegaCholesterol. The first time I used it, I overdid it a bit and ended up with al lot of breakage. Now that I use it sparingly, it's become a staple. I also like the moisturizing treatment. I use it as a pre-poo. I have a sample of the hair maynoise from their Revive and Restore line, but I haven't used it yet. The only too styling products that I've tried are the heat protectant and the pomade. Both were okay. The pomade helped smooth down my edges, but not as good as my Jam. I'll probably purchase it again. I also use the lye relaxer and had fantastic results with it. If I ever go back to relaxing, it would be the one I would use.

Back