Anybody use razac perfect for perms and love it?

Lilmama1011

I know it has mineral oil which isn't suppose to be good but it loves my hair, it gives it EXCELLENT shine and moisturizes my hair. I tried switching to something that was said to be healthy but I didn't feel like it was moisturized or had the shine, so I easily abandoned what I was using and went back to razac perfect for perms and I refuse to use anything else ! Lol

lilmama1011, I always say I will buy it for at home use, but end up with some other product. I love the way it makes my hair look and smell when the beautician uses it. Some of them actually put it in my scalp. Since I need an every day or every other day, I may actually get it now.

Does this constitute as a moisturizer that you should seal after or it is good enough? I am looking for something that will keep my hair moisturized for at least a week. I do not remember how long this made my hair feel soft but it had to be at least three days.

I seal afterwards, I sealer is a oil. I put the razac on my hair and seal it with my mixture of coconut oil and jojoba oil, I wouldn't know how many days it will last because I moisturize twice a day, before I go to sleep and when unwrapping, I'm a heavy moisturizer and I have a pet peeve with my hair looking dry even if it isn't, I have to have shine, that's why I wash every week to get rid of the product buildup

I LOVE it, but just because of the way it smells :) lol.
There is only one BSS that sells it in my city and whenever I'm in the area I buy one. I'm relaxed and I only use it when I wear my hair in a bun, or like tonight when I'm doing a flexirod. DH loves the smell of it in my hair too. I find it weighs my hair down if I use too much so I never use it when I wear my hair down.

ETA: btw, I don't rely on a daily moisturizer, I do DC every weekend and my hair is moisturized. I do wear Kerastase night serum a couple of nights a week, and Kerastase Sublimateur Jour during the day but I'm out of it.

Last edited:
danysedai said:
I LOVE it, but just because of the way it smells :) lol.
There is only one BSS that sells it in my city and whenever I'm in the area I buy one. I'm relaxed and I only use it when I wear my hair in a bun, or like tonight when I'm doing a flexirod. DH loves the smell of it in my hair too. I find it weighs my hair down if I use too much so I never use it when I wear my hair down.

ETA: btw, I don't rely on a daily moisturizer, I do DC every weekend and my hair is moisturized. I do wear Kerastase night serum a couple of nights a week, and Kerastase Sublimateur Jour during the day but I'm out of it.

It does weigh down my hair wearing out but idk care because it's back looking think when I wash it the following week lol and kerastase seems expensive and I'm not even a cheap person but I'm tired of buying stuff for my hair that doesn't work and my money goes down the drain and products going unused

I used to use it back in the day!!! Like 2001! It can get very greasy at times. But just the right amount will do. All the Dominican shops used to use it religiously. Honestly I think it was the smell that turned me off. I might revisit this product!

I bought the hair oil a few years ago before my hair journey. I threw it away after a couple of uses. That stuff was nothing but mineral oil. My hair was greasy and gross. Not sure if that's what you're talking about or another of their products.

It does weigh down my hair wearing out but idk care because it's back looking think when I wash it the following week lol and kerastase seems expensive and I'm not even a cheap person but I'm tired of buying stuff for my hair that doesn't work and my money goes down the drain and products going unused

Then use just a little bit of the Razac. Last night I sprayed my hair,applied a litle bit of Razac and put in the flexirods, that way even though it's weighed down, the curly/wavy look I want does not show it as much as completely straightened hair.
You are right, Kerastase is v. expensive, it's just that I've finally found my staples and those I mentioned are among them. You can try to deep condition after your wash and that way after a while you won't need a daily moisturizer (unpopular opinion but it has worked for me)

RayRayFurious said:
I bought the hair oil a few years ago before my hair journey. I threw it away after a couple of uses. That stuff was nothing but mineral oil. My hair was greasy and gross. Not sure if that's what you're talking about or another of their products.

Talking about the finishing creme

OMG!!! I used this product for years, $5 for the big jar!!!! I stopped using it since becoming natural for the past two years and because I learned it had mineral oil in it.

Back