Anybody tried the self-heating conditioning caps?

eunique

I was in the LHCF Lounge aka the chat room and I mentioned that I was using my self-heating conditioning cap, and klb120745 thought I should share this with everybody, so I am. haha.

It's looks like a regular shower cap that most of us use for deep conditioning but its gold and shiny on the outside and silver on the inside. Its like a foil type of texture, but not at the same time, haha. It uses body heat to bring heat to the hair for the deep conditioning so you don't have to sit under the dryer, but you also don't have to wear it for a bajillion years. :)

I got it at Sally's, I dont remember the brand because I threw away the packaging, but it was near the durags and satin bonnets and the like. :)

That is all. haha.

I used em before when I was out of the country and away from my hair dryer. It's not as great as an official hair dryer with the hat that you stick your hair underneath but it helps get the hair pretty hot (it uses your body heat and is really good at trapping it).

Been using it since high school when I did my cholesterol treatments and I thought I knew what I was doing with my hair :perplexed! They are really great. I get them at Sally's, Walmart, and Walgreeen's.

It really does work.. It just takes a long time for ur head to warm up.. It is effective, it is great if u need to deep condition and u have to cook.

I LOVE These caps, They are so well worth their cost, I think they condition very well, But I do leave it on for about 2 hours. I get the softest hair and yes it is warm. I bought 10 within the past week and I just want to have a reserve.

:)

I know this is an old thread but how do you clean them afterwards? Im doing a prepoo with oils and just wanted to know or do you throw them out after one use since they are so cheap.

I know this is an old thread but how do you clean them afterwards? Im doing a prepoo with oils and just wanted to know or do you throw them out after one use since they are so cheap.

This doesn't completely answer your question, but to make sure I can reuse it, I put on a regular plastic cap first and then I put the conditioning cap over it so that way it stays clean. It really shouldn't need more than a wipe down if anything. Hope that helps.

I just rinse mines out like a normal conditioning cap a set it aside to dry. I use mine until I can not use it any more due to holes or the coating coming off, as some not all caps do this. Otherwise, I can use one for a very long time.

I used to use one and I didn't notice a difference. Now I just use a regular plastic cap and wear one of my knitted or wool winter hats over it for heat action.

Back