anybody still using LET's JAM or a similiar product to GET THEIR EDGES SMOOTH?

kurlybella

fact: i love being natural
fact: i hate that i can't get my edges smooth like i used to be able to with a perm
fact: i want to be able to have smooth edges for more than 5 mins :wallbash:

is anyone still using let's jam or a similar holding product like this with success?

i'm looking for my holy grail edges product.
no black gel here though. ugh. :nono: have not used that stuff in yearrrrrrrsssss

but i do want a product to get my edges laid super smooth.
don't mind using the product+scarf technique, but i need something that will also work just a good without the scarf.

anyone got any other recommendations?

Hey Lady, sorry that you're have a rough time finding the right product:ohwell:
Have you tried Designers Touch Moisture Lock gel? I'm using it on my NG and it does the job of laying my edges doen nicely:grin:Give it a try!

I use QP Glaze, its very similiar and I have good results with a scarf. It can be a little greasy in the summertime or when you sweat. In that time I use fantasia ic gel with a little wax ( I love Jamaican Mango and Lime Creme Wax) and tie a scarf on for like 10-15 minutes. Holding products with alcohol set alot faster, but the tradeoff is it will be drying, but you can put a leave-in conditioner to offset if you dont want to buy a new product.

the only thing is that jam,glaze and other conditioning gels turn to oil real quick on my head and my edges look rougher than before. but i love that super slick look they give! i rather stick w/ a regular aloe vera based gel and have tiny wavy edges.i cant fight nature.

my best friend who is natural uses this gel faithfully everyday...but i never tried it.
She washes her hair everyday also. That may have something to do with it..

I'm not natural (so please toss this out if need be!) but I'm 11 weeks post and I've been using shea butter on my edges. I use a dallop, put it on my edges, lightly brush and scarf for thirty minutes or overnight. I'm set for the rest of the day.
HTH

Last edited:
i use luster's pink conditioning shine gel on my daughter's edges. soft hold, non-greasy and doesn't make her hair hard.

lusters.gif

I'm not natural (so please toss this out if need be!) but I'm 11 weeks post and I've been using shea butter on my edges. I use a dallop, put it on my edges, lightly brush and scarf for thirty minutes or overnight. I'm set for the rest of the day.
HTH

no...i have a shea butter based pomade that works like heaven on my hair. it's called shea what pomade from my asha's.

I love JAM it makes my curls pop! But I do not use it to lay down my edges, I use IC Sparkles Gel and a satin doo rag. I try not to use hair gel too much because it contains protein and I get enough protein from MT.

I use and like Let's Jam but when I need my edges to hold ALL day I use Ecostyler gel. I can fall asleep on it and my edges will still be in tact. It's not super hard or flaky either.

I am a natural 4a/b. I use Fantasia IC gel. The clear one. It works really well for me whether I use the scarf method or not. Have you tried it?

thanks ladies. i think i'm going to do an edges test and post the results and pics here if anyone would be interested in seeing anything like that.

i'm going to try 3-4 different products and let you know how they hold up for 24hrs.

this seems to be a common problem and i don't mind testing things out and sharing.

A tiny bit of Elasta QP goes a long way... I love that stuff...has a nice smell to it as well. More than often, I use my Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and tie it down with a scarf.

Let's Jam never worked for me. It was always like I was using grease. I use Ojon styling cream or Organix coconut milk styling cream.

I leave my edges be. I use garnier fructris pliable mold. I only have to use it once, and my edges stayed layed for the rest of the week.

Back in the day I used lets jam cause my fam did. But it did me more harm than good because my edges would look all nasty by the next day.

Castor oil works for me (on damp hair with a scarf is even better).

This really works!

I threw away all my jam and glaze two years ago...the first thing I read on this board was mineral oil and petroleum are bad! Lol.

I also use Qp Mango butter and Jonathan Dirt. To be honest I don't mind the kinky edges because my whole head is kinky.

the only thing is that jam,glaze and other conditioning gels turn to oil real quick on my head and my edges look rougher than before. but i love that super slick look they give! i rather stick w/ a regular aloe vera based gel and have tiny wavy edges.i cant fight nature.

ditto that! but also trie elasta qp mango butter then a scarf for 10 to 15 mins its amazing!

Back