Anybody relax/texlax Apl+ natural hair or think about doing it?

PinkPeony

I'm so playing with the thought right now, I really love my natural hair but I want to show my length.
The thought of having mbl hair that shrinks to nl seriously annoys me.
Stretching my hair via braids/twists is of course always an option but I'm lazy and just want to throw it into a ponytail or giant bun lol.

The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is that I bleached and colored my hair this year otherwise it'd be on.

So anybody took the plunge ?
How do you style/ wear your hair now?
Did your shrinkage decrease?

OR anybody thinking about it? Why?

I've though about "heat training" just because I feel like wearing my hair in wash n gos is damaging my ends, and I am horrible at twists/braids/braidouts, so they aren't an option for me.

Bleach + color + relaxer??

Iunno girl.....

I think it can be done, but I wouldn't do it.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

^^I know... Sigh

My hair would have to grow to Mbl(maybe next year) before I'd dare relax

I'm just so OVER shrinkage lol
Eta: plus your siggie is not helping :lachen:

Last edited:
You might want to consult a professional about it. I'm sure folks have done it with some success but I wouldn't try it on my own.

I telaxed earlier this month after being natural for 3 years I'm apl and I've never been happier with my hair. Its still thick And still healthy just way more manageable :)

i did. its been about a year now. i am currently transitioning again. i dont regret it. my relaxed hair was bangin:yep: i just want to bkt now because i like my hair that way the best. if it becomes a hassle again i will just relax or cut my napps short! I am not pressed about length but then again full apl looks and feels long to me. i wore it all sorts of ways. mainly in a rollerset but i also did lots of braid/twist outs

I did too June of this year. The pic in my avatar was relaxer day....grazing APL after two yrs and one month. I'd had enough of shrinkage and limited styling options.

I'm APL & texturized, and I Lurve it! I did a mild texturizer to cut down on the frizz, encourage curl clumping, and decrease a little of the shrinkage. I love the way my hair looks now, and that was the most important thing for me...I have to love it.

I lightly texlaxed in 2010 after being natural for 8 years. I'm not going to lie... I absolutely love it!!! I love showing my length... I love wash & gos... I love easily smoothing my hair into a top bun... MOST of all I love being able to do all of this while still having THICK hair and retaining GROWTH!! This is something that wasn't happening for me way back in the days when I was relaxed bone straight.

...And because my hair is still very thick with texture I can still use the same styling techniques and also try new fun styles like I did when I was natural (braid outs, rod sets, twist outs, etc.). The only difference is a lot more of my length shows and the style holds for a longer period if time. Win win win!

I texlax 3-4 times per year with Mizani lye relaxer, cut with jojoba oil.

Last edited:
Back