Anybody jumping aboard the Natural product Train?

Re: Anybody jumping aboard the Natural product Tra

hmmm....i shouldnt have found this....oh lord....now i may just have to buy that avocado butter....and some macadamia nut oil....Irresistible, how exactly do you use the oils...just apply to dry hair???

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
hmmm....i shouldnt have found this....oh lord....now i may just have to buy that avocado butter....and some macadamia nut oil....Irresistible, how exactly do you use the oils...just apply to dry hair???

[/ QUOTE ]

im wearing my hair dry now a days instead of drenched with leave in and im getting much better results like that...now i only dampen my edges and ends with leave in(my edges to smooth them down and my ends to keep them curly), i use all the oils and butters , alone, or mixed in whatever concoctions i come up with...the only time i put it on wet hair is after ive washed or co. washed. i have my daughter doing the same thing and make up a little jar of some mixed oils and butters for her.. and we are both having really good results with it. i cant say which oil or butter performs better, im finding that in the end they all do the same thing really...give moisture....so im sure that i can start to minimize what im using soon after this craze of trying them all. the harder butters like mango , apricot kernal etc you can just melt and mix with oil and it then is softer once it solidifies....i wanted to try them all...really you can keep it simple and you dont have to use them all....like for example you will pretty much get the same results from shea butter as with avacodo butter , or the same results with coconut oil as with macadamia nut oil...the only reason i can think of to use various ones is they all have different properties, but they all result in moisture. i stil have an order i want to make, of a few more oils and butters , then im done for months with that, i have a pretty big supply now...then all i really need to have on hand is a few leave in bottles as opposed to buying tons of them and just my reg conditioners for washes , and no more buying grease. and shampoo goes a long way in this house cause its not used often , so thats not a major purchase for me either...so it all seems so much more simple now, because all of these oils and butters will go a long long way and have eliminated having to regulary buy bottles and bottle of leave in and jars of grease.....but being on the board has now tempted me to buy some CD products , and another Aveda product and another heat styling product recommendation....i just want to get these products in my hands and be done with this tryin all this stuff ....with no more things to try and buy ugh , so i can be set on what im doing and using with some kind of predictable regimen of products....ok sorry for going on and on..im just on a mission to have all this set, and the process is frustrating..im spending like crazy too lol...but i know it will soon slow down and i will be set for a long time.... but yes you will love the butters and oils, all of them...and you can get them a little at a time, and try them ...i just chose to stock up cause of how i wanted to do it...but lawdie i pray i can make this all simple soon lol

Well since i just read over this thread, just thought i would update it some..

I dont melt my butters with the oils now at all anymore. i found there is a big difference in them once melted , they still work, they just lose something in the process (whew, im learning ya'll)

I whip them in a blender when i want to mix them now, i love the consistency of the whipped butters.

I still dont soak my hair everyday with leave in anymore, but i havent totally eliminated the ritual altoghether either, i still do it now and then. other days i still just wet the edges to smooth them down...but i do still use the oils and butters in my hair just about everyday

I'm a little more into the creamy leave ins now too. like Recovery and Mango Butter. I still use my oils/butters with these too...I have my daughter using a creamy leave in (M.O.M) with the oils and butters too now, instead of the watery ones every day. I think it has helped our hair alot!!

I think the Elasta QP mango butter works far better to "texturize" when/if you happen to want that look , than the avacodo butter, I still think it was the "Not wetting" that i had stumbed on that provided less shrinkage, frizz, tangles etc. thinking it was the Avocado butter, although it does work wonders, it wasnt working THAT many wonders lol

Avocado butter is still one of my favorites, its like ole faithfull , never lets me down. always softening, moisturizing and conditioning. But Now (at least for now) Unrefined Shea butter has taken the place of my first love (the avacodo butter) . I love Cocoa butter too, i use it whipped with either Shea or Coconut oil.

Coconut oil is my favorite oil though, hands down, everytime!....but i still use some of the other oils to whip the butters with. (well really i gotta use em up cause i got em lol)

I have pretty much narrowed down what oils and butters i will continue to use and what whipped mixtures i like....thank God i finally got that simplified. cause i really was like a kid in the candy store goin crazy with the oils and butters..fromnaturewithlove aint takin all my money no more .....only some
grin.gif

My current mixture is shea butter, coconut oil, EVOO, honey, cocoa butter, and vit E oil. I use it for my hair and body, it's lovely. I twist with it, and I seal my ends with it at night

I went on a "natural" products binge a few years ago and tried a lot of aubrey & aveda hair products but left them behind because I obtain superior results with my beloved nexxus.

I love to add and mix honey, coconut milk and natural oils (wheat germ, olive, castor, avacado, etc.) for hot oil pre-treatments and add to my wash-out conditioners, but I found that the "all natural" products tend to leave my hair on the dry side, especially the shampoos. The only "natural" product that I really really love is aubrey GPB . . .

Remember that a heat protectant is essential if using heat to dry hair and a "home-made" leave-in may not give you the protection you need . . .

for about a two years ive been using a combo of cocoa butter, shea butter olive oil and jojoba oil, melted together and solidified in the freezer to make a butter. its one of the best products ive ever used on my hair!

I love my coconut oil and avocado oil. I plan to try more butter and oils concoctions in the future.

well, i use shea butter faithfully....its like the best thing i've tried...
the avocado butter is really nice too...and so is the coconut...

i just shampooed my hair today with a shampoo bar too...i plan to be almost completely off of commercial hair products by the end of the year!

I still do my natural butters and oils too. I haven't found anything on the market that really works for my hair. I use Shea/mango/avocado butters, natural oils and I have a Pomade for when the new growth is unruly. I only use a commercial braid spray when I do my braid regime and the shampoos and conditioners I use are all natural. Since doing this I have saved so much money and so much of my hair too. Thanks to the ladies at LHCF!
clap.gif

*adding to favorites*

I'm also into making my products for my hair and body. Right now I've had success with the Whipped Butter recipe you mentioned and a hair cleanser made with natural herbs because conditioner washed don't work for me.

I think since I started on the natural butters and oil, I've gone crazy!
laugh.gif
I mean, I bought kokum and sal butter...what is a kokum and sal? I don't know know but I bought it anyway! But I'm in an experimenting phase now so when I find what works great for me I plan to stop........if I can
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
I think since I started on the natural butters and oil, I've gone crazy!
laugh.gif
I mean, I bought kokum and sal butter...what is a kokum and sal? I don't know know but I bought it anyway! But I'm in an experimenting phase now so when I find what works great for me I plan to stop........if I can
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

You sound like me...i wanted to try them all
i never got the Kokum and Sal butter though, i think they are similar to Cocoa and Mango Butter if i remember correctly...well now
that you ordered them please let me know how ya like em
smile.gif

I have big ole tubs of cocoa and shea butter to use up before i can go crazy ordering any again....the torture
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Innocent_Kiss said:
*adding to favorites*

I'm also into making my products for my hair and body. Right now I've had success with the Whipped Butter recipe you mentioned and a hair cleanser made with natural herbs because conditioner washed don't work for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hair cleanser is that? do you make it or buy it?
thanks

Back