Anybody getting GROWTH from WGO???

Did Wild Growth Oil make your hair grow?

• Yes! My hair grew with this stuff, and I love it!

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • No! I didn't do anything for my growth rate!

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • Maybe! I just use it as a regular hair oil on my hair, and not so much for growth!

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • Tried it. Didn't like it. Won't buy again. Waste of money!

Votes: 17 16.3%

• Total voters

AwesomelyNappy

I'm just wondering... When i used it on my scalp alone, i didn't notice any growth, but then again... I probably didn't use it long enough... I wanted to use it every day, but the bottle is so small (4oz)to oil my scalp and last a long time(yeah, i got a big head:look: ) ... and i just new i would have to go thru 2-3 bottles a month which is to expensive (i'm a little heavy handed with products). I think i was only consistant for about 2 weeks or so on maybe 3 different occasions.

Anyway, i'm wondering if i just didn't give it a chance and perhaps should have tried it a little longer?

Right now, i have 2 bottles, and i use it to lightly coat my hair after a deep con or before/after i maxiglide... I dont know about growth, but it sure does make my hair feel more protected, softer, shiny and it makes my new growth more managable and i would continue to buy it for those reasons alone. I only use a few drops (not like me) and my whole head be blingin!!:cool:

So ladies, does WGO do it for you?

I’ve been using it exclusively since the beginning of the year. I have not noticed any change in my growth rate *sorry L However, I plan on continuing using it for different reasons. My scalp seems healthier for starters and my new growth is softer and easier to manage with it. The only drawback is the terrible smell, which can be embarrassing.

The verdict is still out. When I finish this bottle I’m going to move to an essential oil concoction I’ve been thinking about and see if there is any notable difference. I don’t think I’ll know for sure until the end of the year. That is when I’ll be able to compare the two. All that to say. I voted No. J

Last edited:
I think I read on RedHotLaLa's or some other long haired LHCF member's Fotki page that WGO doesn't necessarily grow hair but that it just makes the new growth more manageable.

Fran said:
I’ve been using it exclusively since the beginning of the year. I have not noticed any change in my growth rate *sorry L However, I plan on continuing using it for different reasons. My scalp seems healthier for starters and my new growth is softer and easier to manage with it. The only drawback is the terrible smell, which can be embarrassing.

Fran, try adding about 10-12 drops of peppermint essential oil to your bottle of WGO. That will eliminate the "curry" smell.:)

preciousjewel76 said:
Fran, try adding about 10-12 drops of peppermint essential oil to your bottle of WGO. That will eliminate the "curry" smell.:)

thx :) I thought about doing that but couldnt figure out how much to use. I'll try 10 drops and see if that helps.

auntysmoky said:
I think I read on RedHotLaLa's or some other long haired LHCF member's Fotki page that WGO doesn't necessarily grow hair but that it just makes the new growth more manageable.

Co-signing...it's not a growth stimulate, just makes hair more manageable.

No growth, but amazing shine! :) This is my staple oil for styling. I use it from everything to airdrying to oiling my ends after a rollerset. A little goes a long way. Love it!

Thanks everyone! So i take it that NOBODY at LHCF has gotten any growth from WGO?

Before i joined this site, there was this other hair forum site that i would frequent, and some of the ladies on there swore that WGO speed up their monthy hair growth rate, so i guess it does work for some, but not for others....(maybe their growth sped up because of the low manipulition, buns, cowashes, and daily moisture and they attribuited (sp) it to the WGO?:ohwell: )

Can't really say there has been any more growth using it, but I love it!
I use it pretty much everyday for scalp, ends, edges, everything.
For me it's a keeper!

awesomely_nappy said:
Thanks everyone! So i take it that NOBODY at LHCF has gotten any growth from WGO?

Before i joined this site, there was this other hair forum site that i would frequent, and some of the ladies on there swore that WGO speed up their monthy hair growth rate, so i guess it does work for some, but not for others....(maybe their growth sped up because of the low manipulition, buns, cowashes, and daily moisture and they attribuited (sp) it to the WGO?:ohwell: )

I will say that it filled in my hair line and healed my scalp when it was irritated when I wore braids. I used it regularly then. Now I just use it as a hair oil to protect my ends. I'm experimenting with another oil now.

Not much growth from it, but it helps retain moisture and shine! I throw a few drops in my MTG mix now and then though.

I always claimed that WGO is my hair secret to my friends but I guess I never saw me getting any length from it. My NG is softer and it is a great base for my relaxer...

it help with some growth with me and my hair was always soft with it oh but i cheated on it with bt and left but i still have some here i may use it on my ends again i will always keep some around:)

I primarily use it to seal for the baggy method. I also used it in my MTG and noticed a silkier texture with my new growth. I can't really say if the growth I've had is linked to the WGO or not. I doubt it though...:perplexed

By the way, you can make a similar oil to WGO:

1 part liquid Soy Lecithin
1 part jojoba oil
1 part olive oil

juggle around the amounts as you like. The soy lecithin I think is the key ingredient to making it like WGO in thickness and in performance on your hair. Without the smell. Someone a long time ago figured out that soy lecithin contained almost all of the conspicuous ingredients listed on the WGO bottle.

You can perfume this oil, too. I like to give it as gifts; the leithin is CHEAP!!

I've been using WGO at least twice a week on my scalp and hair since May 2005. It's a great sealer in of moisture, but has done exactly NOTHING to speed up my hair growth.

I got great growth while using WGO! Was the WGO responsible? I don't know, but my first full year (2006) I used WGO and Surge 14 every 2-3 days consistently and went from neck to APL by Nov. I know I've said that a hundred times, but it worked for me. And guess what?....I just went back to my old routine to give my hair a break from my PJism (with the exception of Shikakai oil on the ends now)...and it still works!;)

Great for managing new growth. I use it instead of MTG in the last 3rd of a stretch when the ng's thick. Re: smell, I add orange, peppermint and lemongrass EO. It smells good.

I agree w/ what many of the ladies have already said. I never noticed an increase of growth, but I did notice soft and shiny hair after using it.

goodness! i haven't used WGO since 05'!! I do remember it working well for me. It produced shine and softness for my hair and also like another poster on this thread, I used it in conjunction with Surge and it gave me :love: results. I had so much thickness, and it did help me grow my hair from shoulder length to APL originally when I was relaxed. Wonder if it would work now that i'm natural? I'M SO TEMPTED TO BUY ANOTHER BOTTLE!

I didn't vote but I did like it when I was using it.. the only problem was the smell...eww no matter how much you try to cut it down, it still stinks!

Has anyone tried the Lite version? The smell seems to be better, but I don't know if it grows the hair like the original version.

BTW, WGO has worked wonders for both me and my dd.

I had bc'd in Oct 2006, and when I took my braids out in Aug 2007, I had went from a tiny afro to SL...and that was with me cutting off more hair every 2-3 months.

And my dd's hair that broke off on the sides and back when she was a baby grew back fast with WGO. :yep:

Back