Anybody getting GROWTH from WGO???

Did Wild Growth Oil make your hair grow?

• Yes! My hair grew with this stuff, and I love it!

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • No! I didn't do anything for my growth rate!

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • Maybe! I just use it as a regular hair oil on my hair, and not so much for growth!

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • Tried it. Didn't like it. Won't buy again. Waste of money!

Votes: 17 16.3%

• Total voters
I'm just wondering... When i used it on my scalp alone, i didn't notice any growth, but then again... I probably didn't use it long enough... I wanted to use it every day, but the bottle is so small (4oz)to oil my scalp and last a long time(yeah, i got a big head:look: ) ... and i just new i would have to go thru 2-3 bottles a month which is to expensive (i'm a little heavy handed with products). I think i was only consistant for about 2 weeks or so on maybe 3 different occasions.

Anyway, i'm wondering if i just didn't give it a chance and perhaps should have tried it a little longer?

Right now, i have 2 bottles, and i use it to lightly coat my hair after a deep con or before/after i maxiglide... I dont know about growth, but it sure does make my hair feel more protected, softer, shiny and it makes my new growth more managable and i would continue to buy it for those reasons alone. I only use a few drops (not like me) and my whole head be blingin!!:cool:

So ladies, does WGO do it for you?

:yep: :wave:

WGO is not a growth aid per se. It's reference to "Wild Growth" simply means "hair." It's a combination of hair-healthy ingredients that help you keep the hair your already have on your hair and tames unruly and dry hair.

Though it won't grow your hair faster, it will make it behave and look good.

According to their website its whole purpose is to accelerate growth.
WGO contains choline and inositol. According to Wikipedia choline is a B vitamin and inositol "strengthens the cells of the hair helping it to retain moisture."
I'm not sure what this board considers to be a growth aid. But I suppose if your hair has certain deficiencies that can be addressed by those ingredients then its a growth aid for you. I used it for a while and I like it. The only thing they could do to make it better, IMO, is to add sulfur.

I still have been using it at least weekly for about 4 years now.

Sorry, no wild growth. It is however the only oil that my hair likes and it's good at sealing in moisture.

I'm just wondering... When i used it on my scalp alone, i didn't notice any growth, but then again... I probably didn't use it long enough... I wanted to use it every day, but the bottle is so small (4oz)to oil my scalp and last a long time(yeah, i got a big head:look: ) ... and i just new i would have to go thru 2-3 bottles a month which is to expensive (i'm a little heavy handed with products). I think i was only consistant for about 2 weeks or so on maybe 3 different occasions.

Anyway, i'm wondering if i just didn't give it a chance and perhaps should have tried it a little longer?

Right now, i have 2 bottles, and i use it to lightly coat my hair after a deep con or before/after i maxiglide... I dont know about growth, but it sure does make my hair feel more protected, softer, shiny and it makes my new growth more managable and i would continue to buy it for those reasons alone. I only use a few drops (not like me) and my whole head be blingin!!:cool:

So ladies, does WGO do it for you?

off topic ..... your son is too cute. my son is a yellow belt too.

I found 1 1/2 bottles of this in my PJ graveyard the other day. I added peppermint oil and some Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil and now it smells pretty good. I'm not sure if it's going to help with growth but it made my NG softer.

Last edited:
I don't think the smell is that bad but I haven't used it in aehile. When I used the lite version on my DD my brother would complain about her smelling funny though. SO I don't know. I liked it and it was one of the first products I bought while taking care of my hair and I think I am going to go back to it. Mix it with some Vatika oil I love massaging Vatika Oil on my scalp might as well add some WGO.

I used it years ago but not long enough to notice any growth. Even if it didn't help with growth I loved what it did for my texture. And am I the only weirdo who likes the way it smells?

crazy enough i know this lady she was basically bald in certain areas and her hair is growing back now she has been using wild growth oil and its working for her i was even shock so i got some for my little stinky

I bought two bottles last year but don't use it enough to reap any benefits. It smells so it's just sitting in my stash.. I was thinking of adding some type of good smelling oil to it so i can use it out. Something like rosemary oil or orange oil.

I was just researching this product last night. I want to try it, but if the smell is as bad as everyone says, It will just be a waste of money. I can't do smelly products.

Angelinhell said:
I was just researching this product last night. I want to try it, but if the smell is as bad as everyone says, It will just be a waste of money. I can't do smelly products.

I don't think i would buy again.

Last edited:
I just bought this. The smell isn't nearly as bad as ya'll made it seem:lol:. Everybody's tolerance of smell is different though.

I started using it again since I'm trying to use up my stash so I'm not sure time will tell. I will say it makes my new growth super soft. It's a keeper for that reason alone.

I used this when my hair was relaxed and it made my hair super soft. Haven't tried it with my natural hair. I don't remember my hair getting above average growth.

When my cousin used it a while back it smelled like crabs and the old bay seasoning lol

Lmfao!!!! I don't think it smells that bad. More like cod liver oil. Not just like it, but not far from it either.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Back