AnyBody else been waiting for APL atleast 9mos or more?

lol. I've been stuck at APL for about 1 year.
I have slow growth, I'm trying to improve my diet.

I hit SL in January and I'm probably will make it in December at the earlier but Spring 2009 is probably be when I actually hit it. :sad::look:

We are probably about a two month difference between our growth. I think around February/March I had reached SL.

Right now, I am so in between shoulder and APL. I originally had my APL length goal set for the end of October, but I changed it again for a whole year and March is my new goal.

Honestly, I am not sure if I will reach this goal. Every year since I was 19 my hair falls out on the right back side of my head between October thru December. I am not sure if this is Alopecia or not, but my hair falls out ususally to 1 inch or bald in spots.

My hair is not growing anywhere fast. Still haven't reached true shoulder length.. I've been at collarbone now for months and it's driving me crazy because it is growing, but it's just not growing fast.

Umm sorta...but I have also had a BC and several little cuts. LOL I am headed there to. I planned for Dec 08 but I may have to shoot for April 09

When I signed up for the 2008 Bootcamp last December (10 months ago), the back of my hair was full collar bone length.

This past Sunday When I took down my cornrows, it didn't look as if I'd reached armpit length. So I measured the distance between full shoulder length and full armpit length: it's 6 inches. From full shoulder length to full BSL is 10 inches! My hair seems to grow around 4 inches per year. I really wanted to make APL this year, but now I'm not sure what will happen :/.

ETA: I haven't had a trim since September 2007 (or somewhere around that time), and I don't plan on doing one this year. My hair growing, and I'm retaining the length. I'll just have to be patient and continue to be consistent with what I'm doing.

Last edited:
I have to share this quote that I pulled from another thread in which most posters said getting from SL to APL was the hardest:

I'm thinking the harder is whatever goal one is looking/hoping to achieve!!! Get it :lachen:

It took me more than 15 months to get to shoulder length, and I thought that was really hard! I've only have been reaching for APL for 10 months, so maybe I'm being too impatient :look:.

MJ, you are probably taller than most of us from what it sounds.

I'm 5'9" with a long neck and loooong torso.

From full shoulder to full waist is 16 inches. From nape to full waist is 21 inches!

Last edited:
I'm still waiting......:boredwrk: My plan is to get there by the end of the year :pray: Here's hoping!!

I need to take some measurements so I can see exactly how far I have to go from goal ro goal.

I was hoping to make it by July. But I did not. Im sure I have some strands there. However APL to me is more than a few strands. I want full apl. I hope to be there by January.

When I signed up for the 2008 Bootcamp last December (10 months ago), the back of my hair was full collar bone length.

This past Sunday When I took down my cornrows, it didn't look as if I'd reached armpit length. So I measured the distance between full shoulder length and full armpit length: it's 6 inches. From full shoulder length to full BSL is 10 inches! My hair seems to grow around 4 inches per year. I really wanted to make APL this year, but now I'm not sure what will happen :/.

ETA: I haven't had a trim since September 2007 (or somewhere around that time), and I don't plan on doing one this year. My hair growing, and I'm retaining the length. I'll just have to be patient and continue to be consistent with what I'm doing.

This post inspired me to actually measure. I'm 5'8 and I also have 6 inches between SL and APL. Now I don't feel as dejected, I'll keep on keeping on and I won't feel as bad when I move my goal date back

You must be my twin... My hair grows the same rate as yours and our measurements sound like mine

I'm 5'9" with a long neck and loooong torso.

From full shoulder to full waist is 16 inches. From nape to full waist is 21 inches!
That explains a lot, am only 5 6", and when you were stating the distances I was like nah, mines was sure different when I measured, My hair is SL and 3.5 inches from APL, and I am 16 inches from nape to full WL. For taller people, it may appear that the hair is growing slower than it actually is. Especially when seeing how fast others are reaching these landmarks. I guess its back to patience, your hair is growing

Been waiting for a while...think I claimed collar bone before it was really time coz I'm still at collarbone 7 months later :grin:

i trust that i'll get to apl eventually. just concentrating on healthy hair and retaining length right now.

It seems as though I've been at collarbone length since February. I did cut may be a half inch -but geez I'm still at collarbone in October.

It’s taking me forever to get to full APL. I’ve been just grazing it forever! I wanted to be at BSL by December, but I haven’t made full APL yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been growing out layers, so I’ve been slightly aggressive with the trims…but still!

It’s taking me forever to get to full APL. I’ve been just grazing it forever! I wanted to be at BSL by December, but I haven’t made full APL yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been growing out layers, so I’ve been slightly aggressive with the trims…but still!

Layers SUCK!!!!!!!! :lol:

Shoulder length is the biggest hump, but i've been waiting about a year to get from APL to full BSL.... and i've been bunning it consistently since 2000/2001! still waiting.......... hope MT works for me..

Last edited:
Back