AnyBody else been waiting for APL atleast 9mos or more?

My hair grows really slowly.
I've been waiting almost a a year
for APL by the time I get there,
I am sure it will be a year.

I would love to hear from more ladies
about how close they are and what they
feel attributed to their delayed growth :yep:

Dont fret. Getting past SL to APL is the hardest hump of all the humps. So yes I know what you're going through....it aint fun. :nono: If you stay consistent with protective styling it will eventually come. Trust me. :yep:

I hit SL in January and I'm probably will make it in December at the earlier but Spring 2009 is probably be when I actually hit it. :sad::look:

YESSSSS! i've been waiting for almost a year...11 months and counting...i'm going to try protective styling for a while and see if that works :perplexed

With several setbacks and fine hair, it took me well over a year just to go from SL to APL and still I may have to cut about an inch when I relax in a few days.

Dont fret. Getting past SL to APL is the hardest hump of all the humps. So yes I know what you're going through....it aint fun. :nono: If you stay consistent with protective styling it will eventually come. Trust me. :yep:

:yep: ITA. It took me almost a year to get from a little below SL to APL. I think that's when I worked hardest on growing my hair and retaining the length.

It took me 9 almost 10 months to get APL :nono: and it's taking me much much longer to reach BSL :wallbash:.

I'll hopefully be APL by January 08. It's not my growth, it's the distance, SL to APL is around 6 inches for me.

ETA: Lucky for me though all the other milestones are within 2-3 inches of each other.

You're not alone, hun. It took me 15 months to get from SL to APL. My hair grows super slow :ohwell:

I have. It seems I've stayed the same length for two years now. I think if I could figure out what to do about all these knots on my ends I could finally retain some length.

:wallbash: :sad: Yesh..I feel your pain. My hair has been SL forever!!! Setbacks...laziness @ one point didn't help. I don't know if transitioning is going to help or not..with the whole weakness at the line of demarcation bidness. I do feel like I'm finally making real progress now that I've adopted a pretty good regimen and have decent products. I just wish it would go a little faster...to keep me motivated. But hang in there.:yep:

Before i chopped, I was looking at 18 months to go from SL to APL...

I saw someone go from SL to BSL in that time.... I decided it was time for me chop

I took me about two years (:shock:) to get to APL. My hair doesn't grow super slow but I was sabatoging my growth (constant ponytails, several trims; etc).

This is definently the slowest stage for many people, including myself. I got passed it by bunning and spending a summer in braids(the one and only time I braided my hair). Before bunning I was constantly getting trims because I loved to wear chunky scarves during the winter. I refused to stop wearing scarves so buns were best for me. Good luck!

Stupid setbacks has kept me from reaching APL :wallbash: I will not give up I will not give up I will not give up.

I was maybe about an inch and a half away, but because of my abuse with a flatiron one weekend, I just had to cut about an inch off. Hopefully MT will have me at APL by my b-day.

i told myself last summer than id be APL in 08. im no where close. i think what held me back was bad diet which =slow growth for me, not enough water, and being a stylist hoar which led me to cut off two inches.

I hit sl last September ('07) and it seems that my hair is quite happy at that length, it is like you been wanting to be sl for sooo long now you got it boo, what's wrong:lol:. Then I got heat damage, had to trim quite a bit:wallbash:. My nape grows so slowly too. If my nape grew as quickly as my crown I would be bsl by now. So anyway nah, you ain't alone. In the end I think it's going to take me 1 1/2 years to go from sl to apl, but after that I think it will be easier because the distances between lengths isn't so rough.

Been waiting for a while...think I claimed collar bone before it was really time coz I'm still at collarbone 7 months later :grin:

i trust that i'll get to apl eventually. just concentrating on healthy hair and retaining length right now.

It took me 2 years, REPEAT 2 years to go from a little below SL to APL. :rolleyes: With patience and good care, it will happen. :yep: I am now about an inch from BSL. I hope to get there by Dec 08. :crossfingers::crossfingers:

getting to APL is sooo easy for me. I dunno if i will have the same sucessat bsl. I have a long back but short torso :confused: I just really need not to trim and focus on growth

lol, i should be APL about this time next year....well anywhere btw 8 months and a year, I should reach it. Hopefully. I want it sooooo bad!!

Hey Guys...I am just checking back in...

I am hoping to hit APL in December.

I will have one trim between now and then and I still should make it...

I still cant believe how slow my hair grows..it's ridiculous

By then it will have taken me a full year :nono:

i hope i hit full APL by december i feel like ive been hovering over it for months.

I think its that other girls on the forums hair seem to grow so fast and we cant help but to compare ourselves to them. That just makes the process even longer.

I was APL in august before my sever 4 inch trim, because I had severe split ends, chopped before starting my journey, hope to be back to APL by December, sigh...

Back