Anybody buy the hairlady's....

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
Anybody buy the hairlady\'s....

video on how to braid????

im tired of depending on other people and im tired of the paying the africans a boatload of money to do simple styles, when they pull and comb like they have no sense!

i want to learn to do it myself. i have the basic concept, but i need to sharpen my skills, lol.

did anyone buy this tape and was it any good??

Re: Anybody buy the hairlady\'s....

I bought her video. It's very good if you are a beginner, and the results were quite nice. The video only teaches you how to apply the extention hair, and how to do the ends. I had to figure out how to part the hair and things like that.

I had a bad experience with buying the video. I guess when I ordered it the video was out of stock. I ordered it about 3-4 weeks ago and I still have not gotten it. I e-mailed her sveral times and each time she said it was on the way but I still have no tape. If I get it in the mail I am returning it.

I am still going to braid my hair because in the 3 week anticipation process I have practiced and learned how to braid. All I need now is a free day so I can get to work.

I bought it and I love it. It's simple and easy to understand. All you need is time and you can do your own braids. People were amazed that I did it myself. I, like you, got so sick of looking for other people to do my hair and them treating it like they had so sense. Pulling and tugging, and causing those little bumps around your hairline. This video frees you from all that.

Hmmm. I may look into this. I want to start sporting cornrows. Does she also talk about caring for the braids, like how to shampoo, etc? I know her website is very thorough about that but are these instructions included in her videos?

[ QUOTE ]
Ebony said:
does it teach you to cornrow as well as braid?

[/ QUOTE ]

The tape is for simple plait braiding. She does discuss on how to moisturize your hair while in braids and afterwards and recommends products.

You know, i taught myself how to braid back when I was in college without looking at videos/books, just other people's braids. You might just want to keep practicing until you get it right. It will happen.

The video is great for beginners but if you already know how to braid you won't learn anything new. There are some great tips on sealing the ends. Overall it is a very good video.

Back