Any Suggestions?

sweetie25

Hi Ladies,
I am currently at 22 inches and for some reason I have been stuck here for a month can you please give me suggestions on how I can reach my goal of 24 inches in the next 4 months. I use protective hairstyles, protein an hotoil treatments regularly an it just stopped growing. When I first started I was bout 18 inches so since May I have gained and retained 4 inches this includes trimming it every month. Please I need help.

have you used the Surge Hair Revitalizer? Everybody has been raving about it for the past few weeks

Do a search for "surge" & you should come up with something.

Has your hair ever grown beyond that length? I am not stating a fact here and I don't mean to be discouraging but I just want you to be open-minded. We've had debates about whether genetics determine your maximum length or your maximum growth rate. My belief is they determine how long your growth cycle is. In other words, some pple's hair grows for two years then stops and sheds because their genes have that coding; while other's grows for 7 years then stops and sheds for that same reason. Then there's many that lie in-between those extremes and probably a few outside that range. So depending on how fast your hair grows within its cycle, you will get to a length after which it won't grow any longer. Now I believe you could increase your growth rate by fine-tuning your diet so that even if your cycle is two years, you accumulate maximum growth in those two years. So that even if for years you always seemed to hit just 12 inches (scalp to ends) period, this time you may make it to 18" because you nourished your follicles and cared for your hair perfectly. But if you have done all you can possibly do and you seem not to go beyond a certain length, perhaps that's because your hair strands have completed their growth cycle during the time your genes decided they'd grow. Of course there are people that have defied the laws of science like Diane Witt so again, you never know. Afterall, someone once said science cannot compete with God.

But I think Pebbles way of thinking is a good way way to keep things in perspective. She believes everyone CAN get to 12 inches (scalp to ends)...if we assume 6" per year is the norm and that 2 years is the shortest cycle. But if you are one of those with a 7-year long growth cycle, well can we say, "Be careful you don't sit on yer hair?"....

BTW I base my argument on the info from the following sources:

The Trichology Society

Pantene Website (click NEXT PAGE button to read entire chapter)

The Science of Hair

How To Make Your Hair Grow Longer

Oxford Hair Foundation

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
But I think Pebbles way of thinking is a good way way to keep things in perspective. She believes everyone CAN get to 12 inches (scalp to ends)...if we assume 6" per year is the norm and that 2 years is the shortest cycle. But if you are one of those with a 7-year long growth cycle, well can we say, "Be careful you don't sit on yer hair?"....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I'm surprised you remembered that, nonie!
laugh.gif
I really do think that we can all at least make it to 12 inches of hair. There's hope for everybody!!
wink.gif

Phew Pebbles, glad I didn't misquote you. But if you'd denied it, I'd still swear under oath you said it.
angeldevil.gif

Wow I'd never seen that Diane Witt before (Not to mention all the other records on that site). Thanks for posting the link.

I have had my hair to bra strap and below. I can not understand why I can get it back there now I guess I have to practice patience.

Back