Any suggestions for curl definition on 3c/4a hair?

caligirl said:
Do bugs chase you when you have honey in your hair? I have a problem with bugs.

I've never had a problem with bees or bugs following me, and I use molasses in my moisture spritz.

caligirl said:
Do bugs chase you when you have honey in your hair? I have a problem with bugs.

I used a mixture of aloe gel & honey, walked around in the park & didn't get chased by any critters :p

I wanted to chime in and tell you about "Beyond the Zone Noodle Head" I bought this product at Sally's($4.99) back in April and I stopped using it for about a month, but now I've revisted it and I'm now using it on damp hair, and it has my curls popping like popcorn. It's cheaper than the curly pudding and buttercreme. I would recommend giving Noodle Head Creme a try first before spending $40 dollars on curly pudding.

Warning: Use a small portion because a little goes a long way, and it may make too many curls.

MzTami said:
I wanted to chime in and tell you about "Beyond the Zone Noodle Head" I bought this product at Sally's($4.99) back in April and I stopped using it for about a month, but now I've revisted it
Warning: Use a small portion because a little goes a long way, and it may make too many curls.

What procedure do you use for applying the Noodle Head? How much do you use? How long is your hair?

I've used a few products for curls. One of my all time favorites is KCCC. I will be repurchasing this one. I've also used Miss Jessie Products--but while they last forever they are way too expensive.

Before finding LHCF I used generic gel from Sally's and Smooth n Shine (?) mousse w/o alcohol. --

Drug store --GF soft curl gel.
As said before in this thread:
The key for me is is to make sure hair is wet and well conditioned --using a leave in under any gel/styling product is helpful. I don't use a lot of product unless it's humid outside.

Not Rapunzel said:
What procedure do you use for applying the Noodle Head? How much do you use? How long is your hair?
I cowash my hair every morning with Herbal Essence Moisturizing conditioner(using distilled water)
I leave my head hanging down while I wrap micro-fiber towel(or t-shirt).
I apply Sheamoisture Leave-in conditioner after hair is still damp but not soaking wet.
I apply small amount of WGO or Kemi Oil(sp?)
I apply Herbal Essence None of your frizzness.(quarter size)
I then apply about a quarter size amount of Beyond the Zone Noodle head.
I apply everything with my head hanging downward or sideways.

My hair is 5.5-6.25 inches long.

I just tried Curls Whipped Cream and I love it. My favorite products are KCCC, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles and Frizz Pudding, Curls Whipped Cream and Curl Enhancing Styling Lotion, Regisline Curl Lock, and Redken Ringlet.

Last edited:
I am relaxed with some curl pattern left. Two things that have helped me with curl definition are:

Humectress mixed with distilled water and salerm leave in. I hear Elucence MB conditioner also is great for curl definition.

Aveda Be Curly - this works so well on my hair, and it works fast. It does have some alcohol in it, but I don't find that it dries my out or leaves my hair hard.

Also, a good serum to prevent frizz. I love the one by Philosophy. If you want a thick one, Keracare

Last edited:
MzTami said:
I cowash my hair every morning with Herbal Essence Moisturizing conditioner(using distilled water)
I leave my head hanging down while I wrap micro-fiber towel(or t-shirt).
I apply Sheamoisture Leave-in conditioner after hair is still damp but not soaking wet.
I apply small amount of WGO or Kemi Oil(sp?)
I apply Herbal Essence None of your frizzness.(quarter size)
I then apply about a quarter size amount of Beyond the Zone Noodle head.
I apply everything with my head hanging downward or sideways.

My hair is 5.5-6.25 inches long.
Your regimin is very similar to mine except I use different products and I've never tried plopping. I found that the best way to apply products is upside down or sideways also. I also use a Denman brush and that thing really makes the curls very defined, like big ringlets. Man, I want to try Noodlehead so bad but I gotta use up some of my huge stash of products first.

Back