Any Suggestions for a Hooded Dryer???

LadyJ76

Hey Ladies,

Well I'm in the market for an overhead dryer. I had been using the Ion Soft Bonnet, but my daughter broke it and I didn't provide the results you get with a regular overhead dryer. I had been airdrying, but I think leaving my hair wet for so long has been contributing to breakage. I know some of the ladies here have the Pibbs Kwik Dryer, but that's a huge investment especially since my hair isn't long yet.
Do any of you have some suggestions for a reliable hooded dryer? If so, can you let me know the average price as well??

I have the ion dome hair dryer from Sally's (hot pink dome with white base) and it gets super hot on high. It was maybe 30 bucks and they have them on sale often, about 2-5 bucks off each time.

I used to have a tabletop one but I could never get it at the right level - maybe I'm too tall or something. I am planning to buy a Conair Rollabout hood dryer (on a stand, $110) that I saw in somebody's album - this site also has one by Babyliss for $140:

http://www.goodmans.net/get_list_518.htm

I have a gold n hot 1200-watt hooded dryer. I got mine at the BSS for only $30. I love it...It works and it wasn't expensive. I've had it for about a year now and it still works great. Last time I went to Sally's (about 2 weeks ago) they were having a sale on gold n' hot hooded dryers but I think it's a higher watt than mine. I didn't check the price but I think it'll be about $30.

HERicane10 said:
I have the ion dome hair dryer from Sally's (hot pink dome with white base) and it gets super hot on high. It was maybe 30 bucks and they have them on sale often, about 2-5 bucks off each time.

I have the Ion too, it gets super hot and is worth investing in.

ak46 said:
I have a gold n hot 1200-watt hooded dryer. I got mine at the BSS for only $30. I love it...It works and it wasn't expensive. I've had it for about a year now and it still works great. Last time I went to Sally's (about 2 weeks ago) they were having a sale on gold n' hot hooded dryers but I think it's a higher watt than mine. I didn't check the price but I think it'll be about $30.

I have the same one. I bought it at Sally's (on sale) about 2 years ago. Still works great.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1630/255271

HERicane10 said:

Yep, me too. I really like it. Good price and diff. heat settings.

PatTodd said:
I used to have a tabletop one but I could never get it at the right level - maybe I'm too tall or something. I am planning to buy a Conair Rollabout hood dryer (on a stand, $110) that I saw in somebody's album - this site also has one by Babyliss for $140:

http://www.goodmans.net/get_list_518.htm

Yeah, I've had dome dryers in the past and had the same problem. I'm 5'8 so may it is a height thing. Thanks for the link I've been eyeing that Baybliss one, but on Folica.com it's 30 bucks more. Still I may get one of the dome dryers that the other ladies suggested until I can get up the funds for the Baybliss one.

PS Your siggy is adorable, beautiful hair too.

ak46 said:

I have this one also, works fine but doesn't get the back as fast as it does the front. I prefer the soft bonnet dryer.

I have the Gold N Hot also and have had it for at least 6 years. It works just as well as it did when it was new.

I use this one. I wedge the hand helder blowdrier between the sofa pillows and duck taped the bonnet to the drier. I love that thing. It's not a hooded dryer but you can't beat $8.95.

HERicane10 said:

Maybe I'm and idiot, but I have the pink Ion dryer from sally's and the way that I have it set up, if I sit lower, then the back does not dry at all:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed . If I sit higher, then I burn my forehead, along with my eyelids. So I generall have to sit facing the unit, and it's just awkward/uncomfortable. Does anyone else have a problem with the dryer?

Maybe I'm and idiot, but I have the pink Ion dryer from sally's and the way that I have it set up, if I sit lower, then the back does not dry at all:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed . If I sit higher, then I burn my forehead, along with my eyelids. So I generall have to sit facing the unit, and it's just awkward/uncomfortable. Does anyone else have a problem with the dryer?

Yes- I do! That's why I'm looking for a soft bonnet.
Tha last soft bonnet did a great job w/ anything I wanted to do!
I just can't remember what kind it was (a long time ago!)!:ohwell:

I have a Conair Rollabout, I bought it from Sally's a couple years ago for $99. It's a good investment, gets nice & hot. I would love to own a Pibbs Kwik Dry but I don't use dryers often, maybe once I start rollersetting.

dlewis said:
I have this one also, works fine but doesn't get the back as fast as it does the front. I prefer the soft bonnet dryer.

I feel you on that one. Last time I tried rollersetting my hair (thanks to your wonderful fotki instructions ;) ), The back just didn't want to dry. It took forever...It started getting real hot under the dryer.

LadyJ76 said:
Yeah, I've had dome dryers in the past and had the same problem. I'm 5'8 so may it is a height thing. Thanks for the link I've been eyeing that Baybliss one, but on Folica.com it's 30 bucks more. Still I may get one of the dome dryers that the other ladies suggested until I can get up the funds for the Baybliss one.

PS Your siggy is adorable, beautiful hair too.

It must be, since I'm 5'8 too!! :lol: .

Thanks for the nice compliment...your hair is beautiful too! :)

Back