Any relaxed ladies wash twice a week?

Wishin4BSL

I was just wondering if it's okay to wash twice a week with a moisturizing conditioner. I don't really like co-washing because my scalp starts to itch afterward. Just curious.

I wash twice a week in the summer, and I think some of the relaxed ladies here also wash twice a week. Co washes don't really work for me, either, but regular washing with a moisturizing shampoo and condish does. I guess it just depends on your hair.

Yep, it's okay. I prefer doing it twice a week to get some extra conditioning in. I wouldn't use a clarifying shampoo more than once a week though.

I wash twice a week and a matter of fact, I clarify each time followed by a moisturizing poo (elucence) and a deep conditioner for 30 min, I use a a leave in and air dry. I love it.

Now that I'm relaxed, I'll be washing once a week. It really depends on how quick and easy my styling will end up being.

I wash 2x a week, sometimes 3x if my hair needs some extra help and re-styling. I have found my hair actually prefers pre-pooing on dry hair, followed shampooing and conditioning. This routine suits my hair better than when I used to do co-washes. :yep:

My hair doesn't like co-washes. I always wash twice each week with shampoo followed by deep conditioning.

bajanplums1 said:
I wash twice a week and a matter of fact, I clarify each time followed by a moisturizing poo (elucence) and a deep conditioner for 30 min, I use a a leave in and air dry. I love it.

This is EXACTLY what I do. Sometimes, I will do my deep conditioning beforehand on dry hair though.

Raises hand! I do too.

I usually wash (shampoo twice a week) but lately I have been pooing once a week and cowashing twice a week!

I pre poo and wash 2x per week. I clarify weekly using Ion clarifying poo. In the hot, humid south you gotta get the funk out:lol:

I Poo And Dc 2x A Week Also.My Hair Has Been Thriving Sooooooooo Much Since I've Been Doing It,Along With The GHLW Challenge.

HTH;)

Washing twice a week is fine with my hair; I sometimes wash more than that a week. Just make sure to condition your hair properly to keep it from drying out too much due to the shampoos.

Wishin4BSL said:
I was just wondering if it's okay to wash twice a week with a moisturizing conditioner. I don't really like co-washing because my scalp starts to itch afterward. Just curious.

I wash my hair either twice or three times a week with a clarifying shampoo...generally Thursdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. I am going to up it to every day if I can and just airdry instead of rollersetting like I usually do.

I wash twice a week, one day I use a moisturizing shampoo and the coupled conditioner, the other day I use my at one dry and itchy scalp shampoo (kinda works like a gentle clarifier)..and I deep condition with cpr or silk elements.

Back