Any other naturals with straight hairs throughout their head???

Gryphyn

I just washed my hair and I put it up in 8 sections to dry, and for the first time I notice I have straight hairs throughout my head. I've never noticed this before, I'm not sure how long it's been like that. They're not bone straight, but the ends don't even curl!!! They're just wavy and they stick out of the puffs I put my hair up in. I don't think I've used heat in about a year, so I really doubt its heat damage. Especially since they're almost evenly throughout my head, not just in certain sections.

Have any other naturals noticed this? Could this be from wearing my hair in buns everyday? :sad:

:ohwell:

when I do my hair in a fro theres usually a load of bone straight hairs that stick up here and there, I have no idea why:perplexed

I have different textures on my head but on both sides, just around my ears, that hair has always been a 3b texture

Its weird and the twists (when i do them on those areas) are thin and long.

My mum says when i was younger my whole head was like this :ohwell:.

She thinks the years of relaxing have damaged my follicles and changed the texture.

I won't bore you with the disasters i've had in the past....OK....here's a few..........
at the age of 15 i had a Leisuire Curl. I let it 'dry out' and all my hair broke off. Relaxers that gave me pusy, bleeding scalp scabs every time, whilst i had relaxers my scalp was always covered in a white scaley dandruff......)

Last edited:
I just washed my hair and I put it up in 8 sections to dry, and for the first time I notice I have straight hairs throughout my head. I've never noticed this before, I'm not sure how long it's been like that. They're not bone straight, but the ends don't even curl!!! They're just wavy and they stick out of the puffs I put my hair up in. I don't think I've used heat in about a year, so I really doubt its heat damage. Especially since they're almost evenly throughout my head, not just in certain sections.

Have any other naturals noticed this? Could this be from wearing my hair in buns everyday? :sad:

:ohwell:

Do you take MSM?

Not because of buns, but from multiple textures, here and there! After my big shop, I trimmed and trimmed and trimmed, thinking it was relaxed ends until I understand it was my own natural hair. Now, I just let it go. So, I have different lenghts because my wavy/straight strands grow faster or show more lenght.

I think this is very common, I have a few - always did. :)
Our hairs don't really grow out uniform, that's why. Every strand has its own thing going on :spinning:

I am 4B natural and I have straight slightly wavy hairs scattered throughout. It's funny to me whenever I come acroos them when I am twisting my hair after a wash.

My head is filled with different textures that I don't even bother trying to figure out what classification I am. My bf is growing his hair and he has tons of straight hairs sticking out...I think it's pretty common to have a mix

My whole front section is wavy...I think it from manipulation. Then I have one section thats straight, but I know that was from when I got my hair flat ironed in May. I just roll with it. Whatever....straight hairs, curly hairs, kinky hairs, its all mine...so I embrace it.

I have the same issue, I know I have many textures in my hair...that's why perming could never have worked for me. How can one chemical equally address all these different textures. I love my many textures, they make me feel unique. :yep:

Do you take MSM?

I used to take MSM. I took it regularly for a few months last year, and I *tried* to take it regularly earlier this year but it wasn't happening. I've stopped taking it for good now. Do you think MSM did this?

Ok, it seems like this is pretty common. I feel a lot better. I thought I had done something that damaged my hair!!

My hair too. More wavy in the front, curlier on the sides and crown and wavy in the back and nape.

Weird....but I wouldn't trade it at all...:grin:

My whole front section is wavy...I think it from manipulation. Then I have one section thats straight, but I know that was from when I got my hair flat ironed in May. I just roll with it. Whatever....straight hairs, curly hairs, kinky hairs, its all mine...so I embrace it.
Me too.:yep:

me too!:grin::grin::grin: in a sea of tight tiny curls I find scattered straight strands. they just grow out that way:yep:

Back