Any oils similar to MTG...?

hot_pepper96

Before when I used MTG mixed w/Castor Oil on my scalp, it would make my hair feel so silky. This was before I started seeing white flakes after using it. I threw the rest away. Anyone noticed this change while using MTG?

No, Ive never noticed any white flakes...... if anything, prior to using mtg I used to have flaky/dry/dandruffy scalp. But that went away after I started using the mtg regularly. That is interesting..... I wonder if the castor oil/mtg mix could have somehow caused that? :confused:

Girl, you shouldve sent the rest of that bottle right on over here. I'd have taken it off your hands. :lol:

Hmm. I wonder if it could be the mix as well. I also used to suffer with dandruff before I started using MTG. I"ve mixed the MTG with peppermint oil, Surge, and used it by itself. It actually got rid of my dandruff. I don't know of any other oils like MTG, though. Sorry

Ohh, how did the Surge/MTg mix work for you?:D I'm thinking on trying to mix my MTG to stretch it.

Wow! I'm with KiniKakes...
NEVER throw away a bottle of MTG!!! :naughty:

But I've never experienced white flakes from MTG. Right now I'm using some mixed with left over WGO. Maybe the combo was too heavy on your scalp?

The only other thing I would use as a replacement to MTG is Glovers Dandruff Control Medicine for Hair & Scalp mixed with Sulfur 8. My mother would apply this faithfully to my hair when I was younger as a hot oil treatment before shampooing.

ChocoKitty said:
Wow! I'm with KiniKakes...
NEVER throw away a bottle of MTG!!! :naughty:

But I've never experienced white flakes from MTG. Right now I'm using some mixed with left over WGO. Maybe the combo was too heavy on your scalp?

The only other thing I would use as a replacement to MTG is Glovers Dandruff Control Medicine for Hair & Scalp mixed with Sulfur 8. My mother would apply this faithfully to my hair when I was younger as a hot oil treatment before shampooing.

Ohh girl, glovers and sulur 8 grew my relaxed hair long and strong back in tha day. I'm gonna start using it to see if it works on my natural hair!:lol:

DDtexlaxd said:
Ohh girl, glovers and sulur 8 grew my relaxed hair long and strong back in tha day. I'm gonna start using it to see if it works on my natural hair!:lol:

I'm sure it will!:D When we no longer had access to Glover Mange that was the closest alternative.

I've been told that one of my uncles was having a hard time developing a facial hair. He used glovers and sulfur 8 on his face and grew a thick beard.:lol:

Did you shake the bottle before you applied it to your scalp. The sulphur particles do not stay mixed, they sink to the bottom. If this is not the problem, ignore this. bonjour

Back