Any non-aloe vera based refresher sprays?

NaturalBritt87

Anyone know of any non-aloe based natural hair curl refresher sprays?

My hair hated, hated smooth naturals/coily-head chick's hair martini. My hair was crispier than a hot French fry. :nono:

I tried shea moisture coconut and hibiscus hold and shine spray as a refresher, hair didn't like it (even though I know refreshing/moisture isn't its true purpose). And it's coconut based.

Tried Komaza care aloe my hair, it's just ok but I've had it for a while (refrigerated) and it's starting to smell funny plus it's more of a serum than spray (only had for 6-8 months). I prefer APB if I want a serum textured spray.

Yep, there are lots of tea or herbal ones, or you could make one.

Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Tea Leave-In Conditioning Spritz (my fav)
Oyin Juices

Hmm I just noticed that they have aloe juice but it's way down the list. Not sure if you're avoiding AVG or all things aloe.

I'm not as familiar with ones from other brands rec'd here. Lots of tea sprays though.

Yep, there are lots of tea or herbal ones, or you could make one.

Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Tea Leave-In Conditioning Spritz (my fav)
Oyin Juices

Hmm I just noticed that they have aloe juice but it's way down the list. Not sure if you're avoiding AVG or all things aloe.

I'm not as familiar with ones from other brands rec'd here. Lots of tea sprays though.
I'm try to avoid aloe vera juice/gel as top 10 ingredients, especially 1-5. I don't believe my hair likes aloe at all. But the jury is still out, could be just those brands my hair isn't fond of. Maybe something low on the list if it has to be in there.

Here are a few off the top of my head:

Obia Natural Hair Care Curl Hydration Spray
Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Argan Oil, Rose Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Hairveda Hydra-Silica Tea Mist
Distilled Water, Special Herb Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydroxethyl Urea, Polysorbate 20, Germall, Light Fragrance

Claudie’s Hair Tea Spritz - Unscented
Aqua, Black Tea, Green Tea, Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm, Burdock Root, Irish Moss, Yarrow, Chamomile, Nettle, Kelp, Wild Cherry Bark, Fenugreek, Horsetail, Lavender, Rosemary, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid

Happy Nappy Honey Rose Plum Refresher Spray
Rose Water, Distilled Water, Aloe Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Optiphen, Fragrance

Make your own. Flaxseed seeds simmered in water for about 10 minutes. You can add marshmallow root, irish moss, comfrey root, lavender, etc. The skies the limit.

If you dont feel like it, Taliah Waajid Bodifier is great. You can even dilute it down if its too thick for you.

I'm in the same boat. My hair hates aloe and tea blend sprays.

So far only APB leave in spray is working for me.

Make your own. Flaxseed seeds simmered in water for about 10 minutes. You can add marshmallow root, irish moss, comfrey root, lavender, etc. The skies the limit.

If you dont feel like it, Taliah Waajid Bodifier is great. You can even dilute it down if its too thick for you.

Flaxseed gel in your refresher spray? Is that for the hold? Seems like it might make it too thick too even after diluting.

I would never think of that but I don't want any hold from my refresher spray.

This contains aloe vera.

I didnt even see aloe on there. Dah well. Spritzers and refreshers are easy to make. I rarely buy them. You can steep some tea and throw some fenugreek in it.

Take 8 oz of distilled water and add 1 1/2 tsps of oil. I use this one a day at night. I then have another bottle with just distilled water. I spray this in the morning to wake up my fro.

Cheap and easy.

When you need to make a new batch don't rinse your bottles.

I make my own. Water, few tablespoons of oil, few drops of essential oil, a couple tablespoons of glycerin in spring and fall.

Back