Any New Transitioners

sillygurl18

I would like to know if there are any new transitioners in the board. My sister and I have decided to transition. I have no idea what to do. My last relaxer was dec.23 but my hair is underprocessed throughout. What is you regimen. TIA

I am a transitioner. Just started last month and my last relaxer was in November. I wash twice a week. I condition with Propensity (sp) Control. I detangle with the condition in . After that I rinse it out and put in a leave - in. Then I put it in a braided ponytail to let it dry. That's it. Real simple and quick. Oh yeah, my hair is underprocessed too.

I guess you could call me a 'new' transitioner. I went natural about 2-3 years ago and transitioned first by pressing my new growth and then by going into braids. I remember at one point I chopped my hair off, because I was tempted to get a relaxer. I just ended up getting braids again until my hair was a decent length for me.

Since then I've relasped into the relaxer. I got a really straight one in Sept/Oct 2003 and my last relaxer was in Nov.

Now I flat iron my hair and will start braids in about a week.

All this to say that you must MOISTERIZE! That's one of the biggest lessons I learned. If you plan on keeping your relaxed ends for a while, lose the protein treatments and just use creamy detangling conditioners.

I would also try natural-type styles like braid outs and straw sets to compliment your new growth.

Good luck!!

Brittanynic, how do you like the Porosity Control conditioner? I'm thinking of getting it next time I go to Sally's.
cool.gif

I like it a lot. But, I can only find it in those little packets and that is not enough for all my hair but it has improved my elasticity greatly and has a lot of slip. Tell me how you like it.

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I like it a lot. But, I can only find it in those little packets and that is not enough for all my hair but it has improved my elasticity greatly and has a lot of slip. Tell me how you like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brittany,
If you come to the next DC meeting, I'll see if I can locate a bottle of the porosity control and bring it for you. Or if this isn't too far from you, you can go to the Greenway Beauty Supply (take the Metro's Greenline to Greenbelt then take the R12 Bus to New Carrolton & get off at the Greenway Shopping Center) they have a large bottle of the Porosity Control.

HTH

I'm a new transitioner too. I need to change my signature line below! Alot has changed since just the other night! I chopped off 2 1/2 more inches!!! I still have a nice length left though, but I'm trying to help it grow out. I have a little over an inch of newgrowth. My last relaxer was Dec. 19th (Probably underprocessed - but won't matter for long) and I'm torn as to when I'm going to do the BC. I'm thinking June for my birthday, but then I think about how much more length I'll have in July. But then, once I cut it down to the natural hair, it'll grow so fast automatically!! So I just know I'll do the BC sometime this summer! It might become a very easy decision when my head is half and half natural and relaxed! That's got to be annoying to deal with!

Back