Any Naturals who hate when straightened hair doesn't get bigger!?

virtuenow

I flat ironed my hair almost just over a week ago-- and...well..its still straight!! But that's not what I wanted! I'm used to the summer/spring humidity making my hair bigger as the days go by. Well since it is winter here, and I straightened my hair-- and I mean almost bone straight (geesh), I feel kind of stuck.

I can't say it enuff, I'm used to the humidity pumping my hair up and out as the days go by...but since it is fuuuhreezing here, my hair is just plain ol' straight. How can I plump it up w/o going all the way under the water? Perhaps steaming the bathroom w/the shower??? Any suggestions?

Here's a picture

ETA: how do I make my photo attachment bigger??!!

Attachments

• Winter 2009 012.jpg
    Winter 2009 012.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean. I rollerset my hair last week and flatironed it straight. It drove me crazy because it looked so flat. Today I rollerset again and didn't flatiron at all. Tomorrow I will probably flatiron the roots and that's it, I get instant big hair which I love too.

that only happened once, thats becuase i put about five fists full of products to weigh it down. and it was matted and sticky. and it was my first time and i think i over did the heat. but any other time its real puffy and big. it depends on technique

your hair looks gorgeous!! :grin:
i'd personally roll with it and rock it that way for as long as i could...until my scalp cries out for mercy...:look:
have you done some good old cardio yet?? 40 minutes or more on a treadmill might do the trick...if you really, really want to get it bigger. or you could just send your hair to me..i'll appreciate the straightness for you. :look::grin:

I think it looks great! But if you really want to add more volume, you could put in a few braids overnight, loose and shake them in the morning to give a stretched braidout effect. Or you can set your hair on some large rollers and give the curls a good shake to create waves and body.

your hair looks gorgeous!! :grin:
i'd personally roll with it and rock it that way for as long as i could...until my scalp cries out for mercy...:look:
have you done some good old cardio yet?? 40 minutes or more on a treadmill might do the trick...if you really, really want to get it bigger. or you could just send your hair to me..i'll appreciate the straightness for you. :look::grin:

Oh my gosh, Rocky, good idea! CArdio! That's just what I need, and one of my first loves that I need to get on top of, hello!! Oh, I'll send you an express hair text by the way!:grin: Not to mention your hair looks lushious (just how I like it) in your pics!

Oh my gosh, Rocky, good idea! CArdio! That's just what I need, and one of my first loves that I need to get on top of, hello!! Oh, I'll send you an express hair text by the way!:grin: Not to mention your hair looks lushious (just how I like it) in your pics!

i should take my own advice...haven't hit the gym since i came home from school...a week ago. :perplexed
*waits for FedEx to arrive with my hurr*:grin:
thanks for your compliment!! very rarely does my hair look that good...it decided to behave itself that day.

Im from cali so I humidity doesnt fluff my hair.... I just lightly spritz my with water hair to fluff it

This reminds my of a time I did a flat twist out on straightened hair and I was sooooo upset that my hair did not get bigger as the day went on lol

when our hair is too straight we want volume and when its too big we want to tame it lol

btw ur hair looks lovely in the pic

Im from cali so I humidity doesnt fluff my hair.... I just lightly spritz my with water hair to fluff it

This reminds my of a time I did a flat twist out on straightened hair and I was sooooo upset that my hair did not get bigger as the day went on lol

when our hair is too straight we want volume and when its too big we want to tame it lol

btw ur hair looks lovely in the pic

True, I thought I wanted straight, sleek hair...but it's too darn flat. I need a happy medium! A water spritzer sounds nice, thanks!

Back