Any Naturals Here Who Does Not Use Headbands Or Accessories?

pookaloo83

I always have to have a headband or accessory in my hair. See siggy. :lol: But I would like to wear none sometimes. It either doesn't fall the right way and I end up putting a headband on or it looks just plain boring. I would like to stop wearing headbands because they give me headaches! I about fell out at work this morning! :lachen:I like these looks, but it doesn't fit me. So can YOU get away without wearing accessories? I don't think I'm one of those people.

images

images

images

Of course you can, Cutie-pie. If my Coolie head can go out in public w/o them, surely you with you darling face can.

I don't think I need to bore you with my pics but I think you can count on one hand the number of times I've had accessories in my hair in all the pics I've posted of my hair. I usually use "invisible" fasteners like black friendly elastics or black bobby pins. Just whatever will appear not to be there.

Not anymore. My hair used to stand nicely when it was shorter but now there's no way because it would be in my face too much.

I wonder if there's a way to pull it off w/o me having to shellack the front of my hair with gel to hold it back.

I don't wear accessories, Im the opposite to you .. they make me look weird sometimes.

I would like to start wearing more accessories though.

Of course you can, Cutie-pie. If my Coolie head can go out in public w/o them, surely you with you darling face can.

I don't think I need to bore you with my pics but I think you can count on one hand the number of times I've had accessories in my hair in all the pics I've posted of my hair. I usually use "invisible" fasteners like black friendly elastics or black bobby pins. Just whatever will appear not to be there.

Show me pics Nonie! I need a fellow big foreheader to show mr pics! :lol:

iuse the skinny stretchy headbands when im bunning.

ive gotten soo use to it icant wear ponytails without it =/

I rarely wear a headband...I think I have probably worn one less than 5 times in the past year. I think they make me look so dumb, especially because my puffs don't really "puff" unless I fluff out like third day hair. And you're right, the few times I wore them I got headaches...

I rarely wear a headband...I think I have probably worn one less than 5 times in the past year. I think they make me look so dumb, especially because my puffs don't really "puff" unless I fluff out like third day hair. And you're right, the few times I wore them I got headaches...

I would like my hair to fall like the pic in your siggy. The 3rd one. But I can't pull it off. I think cause my hair doesn't 'hang'

I almost had a panic attack just reading the title. I'm a head band addict. My hair tends to fall in my face w/o one. Sometimes I do wear my hair big & loose w/o a head band or I use flat twists to pull it back out of my face. I am headband free in my avi.

Yeah...I am opposite of you...I don't wear accessories or headbands but would like to start...I've attached a few of the same ole pics accessory-free...

Attachments

• Just Me 8th Grade Prom.jpg
    Just Me 8th Grade Prom.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 31
  • April 2010 PC.jpg
    April 2010 PC.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Chicago and Length Check 019.jpg
    Chicago and Length Check 019.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Hope's Night Out 008.jpg
    Hope's Night Out 008.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 34
after i BCed I tried to rock a simple black headband but it looked awkward on me,
i mean ... i had no hair to pull back lmfaooo so for a month I just rocked it as is
then got braids. Of course I'll try and see how it works out once my hair grows
some more I'm an accessories FREAK. I've got earrings up the wazoo & never
leave home without a pair on so I'd only be fitting that I'd like to to accessorize
my hair too ... just not at this stage lol

Show me pics Nonie! I need a fellow big foreheader to show mr pics! :lol:

:rolleyes: Stop ackin' like you don't remember. As much as I post pics... :bat:

OK, pay attention! :p This is how you let yo' five head shine without colorful/decorative distractions :lol:

AnotherPuffDoMarch2007-vi.jpg

Day3Puffforhubbyspleasure-vi.jpg

FirstAttempt-vi.jpg

4BAfroPuff-vi.jpg

CurlformersFirstAttempt-vi.jpg

InterestingAfroPuffOct2008-vi.jpg

PressedHair040709-vi.jpg

i almost never wear hair accessories, unless they're very unique and i'm wearing a particular style. such as an updo with peacock feather clips. stuff like that.

wean yourself off the headbands slowly. try braiding a section in the front as a fake headband instead, less pressure on your head. like this:
summerhair2010005-vi.jpg

I don't like hair accessories. I think they look funny on me.

The most you will catch me with is a good ouchless band...but of course you can never see it because I only use it to push back my puff.

I would like my hair to fall like the pic in your siggy. The 3rd one. But I can't pull it off. I think cause my hair doesn't 'hang'

Pooka, it will hang if you do a twist-out using small twists and don't manipulate it after you undo the twist. My hair doesn't hang, but it does when I do a twist-out. One thing though I do is wash in the twists. That little shrinkage causes the twists to have some weight and hence the twist-out.

This was my first ever twist-out:

FirstEverTwistOut-vi.jpg

This was my second attempt at a twist-out but like an idiot I wet my hair after undoing the twists :lol: so I had a lot of puffing and little wave. :giggle:

TwistOutFlopSept2008-vi.jpg

I was like you pookaloo! I couldnt go without some sort of accessory but as my hair grew out and I kept playing with the styles... I finally made it work!!:grin:

Attachments

• e4961ad3.jpg
    e4961ad3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 76391_1570844225162_1057174372_31629669_5483770_n.jpg
    76391_1570844225162_1057174372_31629669_5483770_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 164
This was my first ever twist-out:

FirstEverTwistOut-vi.jpg

How long did you have to leave the twists in? Days? I hate wearing twists sometimes. But yes, this is how I want it to look! :grin:
i almost never wear hair accessories, unless they're very unique and i'm wearing a particular style. such as an updo with peacock feather clips. stuff like that.

wean yourself off the headbands slowly. try braiding a section in the front as a fake headband instead, less pressure on your head. like this:
summerhair2010005-vi.jpg

Love this Rocky! Gonna try this in the morning. :yep:

:rolleyes: Stop ackin' like you don't remember. As much as I post pics... :bat:

AnotherPuffDoMarch2007-vi.jpg

Love this! I tried replicating it and failed. I'm gonna show my sis this pic and see if she can do it for me. Is this flat twists? How long do you keep your hair like this?

I was like you pookaloo! I couldnt go without some sort of accessory but as my hair grew out and I kept playing with the styles... I finally made it work!!:grin:

I want my hair to look like the second pic. :yep: Is this a twistout?

attachment.php

I want the piece in the front to hang like that but it won't! :lachen:

I think I look boring without them (lol) It's not so much about "controlling" my hair or anything. So I'm usually rocking a hairband.

I never wear hair accessories. I could not get down with adding a fake flower in my hair (that thing would be flopping in the wind, be on its side, etc) nor can I stand headbands (absolutely HATE them). I can barely work with pins.

So I do updos where I either braid the hair in or tuck it under. I twist my hair up in the front (similar to Rocky) and keep it moving.

My hair wont hang either. :perplexed Most often I opt for a folded scarf to tone down the super size forhead.

I did find early on that I could do a bun much sooner than you would think. With wet hair I added conditioner and use a denman. I can get it in a pony tail so I put a little shea butter on the edges and smooth, then wrap with my folded scarf.

I use a super bun of varying sizes to spread my little bit of hair over and within an hour everything is golden.

i used to wear those elastic bands all the time when i had a twa the first time. then i just decided to go cold turkey on them, because it was thinning my edges, and i wanted to feel more comfortable with my hair. ♥

Back