Any naturals have healthy ends...

moda

and frequently wearing wash n gos? I love to do them because they require little time and effort, however, my ends have suffered greatly. I have noticed I am clipping more and more and no matter what I do to try and keep my ends moisturized I still end up clipping again soon. I have decided I will not wear a wash n go nearly as much as before. What styles have you been able to wear and still keep healthy ends?

I am having the same problem.It keeps my hair moist and its growing but I think its terrible for the health of my hair.My ends just look crazy.I may start rollersetting more often and then wearing clips or buns cuz this ain't cuttin it.:rolleyes:

My hair was actually healthier when I got it pressed every 2 weeks.I guess less is more

i know you were asking for those that WNG and have great ends......

i'm not one of them, wish i was. Since my hair has grown out so much, WNG's cause me mucho problems with shrinkage and tangling especially on the ends, i got several single strand knots with them and shed hair would always manage to tangle up in the knots.

no more for me, gotta keep those ends happy.

i do a modified version of a wng; wash/cowash, apply a little gel and a little extra conditioner on the ends, twist and keep the twists in until most of the water has evaporated. I then take the twists out while the hair is still on the damp side. Result, similar to a wng but the hair is much more stretched out with none of the issues.

p.s.: this works really good on "dirty, not so fresh" hair too :grin:

and frequently wearing wash n gos? I love to do them because they require little time and effort, however, my ends have suffered greatly. I have noticed I am clipping more and more and no matter what I do to try and keep my ends moisturized I still end up clipping again soon. I have decided I will not wear a wash n go nearly as much as before. What styles have you been able to wear and still keep healthy ends?

Actually, my ends have been looking a lot better since I wash n go. But I always coat my hair with a hard setting gel so that once it's set, the ends can't move and coil around each other. It's also a good low manipulation strategy too.

My ends dont like being "out" unless my hair is straight...

I cant wear my hair in any style including a wash and go for more than a few days before I can feel the effects...:nono:

I'm natural but I bun. I got a trim in November and they still look good. I have fine hair so I don't baggy often maybe once ever 4 to 6 weeks or if I notice they seem extra puffy or out of control

My ends dont like being "out" unless my hair is straight...

I cant wear my hair in any style including a wash and go for more than a few days before I can feel the effects...:nono:

I'm now this way. My hair once thrived on wash n go's. After I passed shoulder length, the daily wash n go's had to end. Tangles stunted my progress and my ends suffered the most. In hot weather, when my hair dries faster, it's not too bad. Wash and go's are becoming a treat and now I straighten more to prevent tangles.

I guess my ends are healthy. I wear braids but suffer from major hand-in-hair disease so I'm constantly re-doing any loose braids and clipping away any thing ends. I can tell which braids have been clipped because the ends look healthy when I undo to redo, so I don't dust those. The ones that haven't had a trim in a while look skinny and the hairs aren't even so I get rid of those ends pronto. My hair seems to thrive from regular dusting.

This is why i don't do wash and go's anymore. My ends look better since i stopped. Now it is a once in a blue thing if I do it...or if I go to the beach.

My hair is thanking me since I stopped.

I wear twist outs......sometimes I get the front flat twisted and the back in a twist out. Or I do a twist out on my whole head and then put it into a pony when it gets a little frizzy.

BTW...ur hair is sooooooooooooo beautiful.

My ends get really rough and dry feeling after a day or two of wearing WnGs or twist outs, so I end up CO washing several times a week. When I roller set, my ends stay smooth.

You may not need to trim your ends as often, just wet your hair more frequently.

Apparently I don't :nono:
I went to the Dominican Salon the other day to get a blow out and flatiron...everything else was smoothe but my ends were jacked up!

I wash and go constantly...pretty much its all i do, but i didnt know that it was damaging

I gotta find something new now:perplexed, but lets just say i'm a little hair challenged when it comes to doing my own so I dont know how that will go lol

Well, my hair has gotten long enough that wash and gos are no longer fun but a hassle. But when I wore them my ends also suffered. I started wearing braid outs...which have also helped my hair to obtain length...however, my ends still suffered a bit and I recently trimmed about half and inch. I usually wear my hair in protective styles or small braids. The way I combat is by just wearing my hair out less. Instead of wearing my braid out for a week, I wear it out for two to three days.

Actually my ends are better when I wash n go. I notice more damage from when I use heat. I get ALOT of growth in the warmer months because during those months, I only do wash n gos and co-washes.

Back