Any naturals do Senegalese twist with kanekolan hair?

You don't necessarily have to blow dry your ends
When I am doing my senegalese twists, whatever section I am doing, I first spray with some water and seal with castor oil , then I twist in the extension hair.
By doing this, the hair sets in the shape of the twist better, and, at least for me, doesn't puff up within the twist as soon as usual.

Another benefit is that you know your hair is moisturised when it's going into the twist, and that affords you a few days where you don't have to moisturise you fresh style. It also eliminates breakage when you're separating sections of hair when you're twisting.

It might work for you, I know it's counter-intuitive to put water on your hair when you are trying to avoid the shrinkage, but I reckon, by blow drying your hair first, the shrinkage will be evident, and you will see puffiness earlier. If you start with hair that's already in a 'shrunken' state, there is nowhere for it to go LOL.
Hmmmm. That does make sense. That is something to try. Thank you for the tips! And I do have some straight hair left from my braids...I'll try it out when I take these down in March.

o those aren't pics of me, but of heads i've done. and thank yall! it can be done with kanekalon, you just have to twist tight. actually, i didn't think senegalese twists were done with anything else. what other hair are yall using?

NICE!!! I just had these done today and love them....but a little nervous about my ends. My ends are straight like in your pics and I'm hoping they don't start to unravel. The last time I had braids several years ago my ends were burned.

Nice!!!!!

Can this hair be curled? I see pictures of ladies with curls on the ends of their twist and I wondered how this id done without melting the hair.

Kanekalon can be curled by setting your extension ends on rollers and dipping in hot water :)

Thank you mech

but I have one more question: No matter how tightly I twist, I ALWAYS have hair (that are my ends) sticking out at one point of the twist, how the heck can I make sure when I get to the end of my hair that it doesn't stick out of the twist?!?!?!?!?!

Thank you @mech

but I have one more question: No matter how tightly I twist, I ALWAYS have hair (that are my ends) sticking out at one point of the twist, how the heck can I make sure when I get to the end of my hair that it doesn't stick out of the twist?!?!?!?!?!

itsjusthair88

i don't have a magical answer for this other than to twist tight lol. that's all i do. have you tried using a smoothing gel?

mech gel makes my hands too slippery to grip the hair le sigh I just need to practice practice practice

Thanks for answering my questions!!!

@mech gel makes my hands too slippery to grip the hair le sigh I just need to practice practice practice

Thanks for answering my questions!!!

yea, when i used it in my early stage, i didn't like it because of that reason, as well. but i know some that have faired well with it. i just dry twist now. and yea, practice makes perfect. just make sure you coil your hair into the twists and be consistent. that's the biggest feat. and np! itsjusthair88

Wow those are really pretty...I wish I knew how to do them with kanekolan.

YasashiiSekai

o those aren't pics of me, but of heads i've done. and thank yall! it can be done with kanekalon, you just have to twist tight. actually, i didn't think senegalese twists were done with anything else. what other hair are yall using?

mech

I cannot stop laughing after your siggys. It's all too much! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have a few questions about the hair. About how many packs of hair do you need for this? I want to get them long, at least past my shoulder. Also can you give me a suggestion of which hair to get? I have to buy my hair online and I'm not sure which one will do best. Here are the links:
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/urbesju.html
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/femiyaky.html
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/100kanekalon.html
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/sebrtoosysuj.html

I'm confused. Kanekalon is a type of synthetic hair and Marley braid is a texture of Kanekalon. I think most people use Kanekalon but the texture varies. IMO Marley braid seems to rough textured for the Senegalese rope twisted look.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get this done either this or next week.

I'd like to know how you ladies prep your hair for it. Do you band your hair the night before? Or do the tension-blow dry method?

So glad I found this thread! I have to find someone to do these for the summer. Mech can you please post another picture?

Correction. Marley braid works just fine for Senegalese twists. You just have to brush out the hair a little before installing.

I ended up getting a second set of twists installed and the braider asked me to buy Marley hair. The style turned out great.

IMG_6255-e1331510161696-230x300.jpg

Details are on my blog: http://goingnaturaltransitionington...tyles/senegalese-twists-protective-hairstyle/

I'm confused. Kanekalon is a type of synthetic hair and Marley braid is a texture of Kanekalon. I think most people use Kanekalon but the texture varies. IMO Marley braid seems to rough textured for the Senegalese rope twisted look.

Back