Any Natural Out There Considering Silicones?

vevster

I just saw a video where this girl with Hi Po hair started using silicones once a week. I'm open to playing with it.

'Cones are a part of my recent, straight-haired natural routine for the Winter. I have lo-po hair (I believe) and 'cones help me detangle and keep my hair from reverting.

On wash day I use 'cones before I blow dry w/medium heat and I specifically use leave-ins that contain silicones especially if I flat iron my hair. It's working out well.

Im using silicones after every wash. I use CHI Karetin Mist, CHI Total Protect, and CHI Silk Infusion. I'm finding that I love the use of silicones on freshly washed hair so much better than oil. Detangling is a breeze, hair breakage is minimal, and my hair is soft, moisturized and not oily feeling once it dries.

I do still use natural oils during the week to seal in my moisture and I wash once every 2 weeks with shampoo.

I use silicones in almost every step of my weekly wash regimen. In the 8 years of my hair journey I've been no silicone and all silicone. My hair thrived either way but I can spend less time on my hair (quicker detangling) with silicones, so that's what I'm sticking to.

I shampoo every wash day to prevent build up.

I've gone back to using silicones. They making detangling easier and seal in moisture. I shampoo often so build up isn't an issue for me.

Back