Any natural heads use Olive Oil for styling?

pixel

Hi there!
This morning, after using Olive oil last night with my deep treatment, I decided to use it after my leave-in conditioner. I put a little Aura Cacia curl enhancing gel on top, just a pea-sized amount. My curls look really nice today - moist, shiny and bouncy and not greasy or oily at all!

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and hoping to get some opinions!

Thanks!

Hi Pixel,

Olive Oil is a staple in all of my haircare products
smile.gif

Is this like regular old olive oil that you find in the kitchen or the type they sell in the Beauty Supply stores? I have some from Hollywood Beauty Brand. But I have a huge bottle in the kitchen that was a lot cheaper.

I do. I love using Olive Oil for styling all the time because it doesn't break me out like a lot of other products with oils do.

I use the cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil found in the grocery store
smile.gif

Ditto here! I apply it to my hair (a lot of it) rinse with warm water and add conditioner for the wet/curly look.

-lee

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
do any of you have trouble with buildup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pixel I have no trouble with build-up at all. If I need to clarify, I add baking soda to my shampoo or do an acv rinse
smile.gif

Pixel,

Girl You have no reason to be jealous with your beautiful locks!
smile.gif

I have been taking the grow out challenge for 3 years now, so I RARELY wear my hair out. But when I go out, or for special occasions (church) I would wear it curly. If it is really a special event, I get it flat ironed (once every 2-3 months...sometimes longer)

-lee

I have not used olive oil for styling but I may give it a try but...

I just wanted to jump in and say that I also love Leejure's hair!!! I have had the pleasure of seeing it in person and her hair is even more wonderful than it is in the pictures!!!

Valleygirl

Wonderful huh? You wanna trade Valley?
smile.gif
I absolutely love, love, love your hair! I had never seen hair that long, thick and pretty (in real life) before!

Funny story behind meeting Valley, when we finally got together, I told her that I new here from somewhere. Then it dawned on me, I remember "coveting" her hair in church! I distinctly remember saying to myself, "OMG, her hair is gorgeous!" ain't that something! Small world!

-lee

leejure, thanks for the compliment! Now if only my hair would grow to your length!!
cool.gif

How ironic is it that you knew Valley from drooling over her hair at church!
smile.gif
Too funny!

yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Lee....
I'm STILL jealous of your gorgeous locks!

I love using extra virgin olive oil. I either mix it with conditioner, or apply it on its own as a leave in and braid my hair after putting some s curl on top too (for airdrying). It makes the hair come out very moisturized.

Its also good used as a pre-shampoo treatment,

Definitely my most versatile hair product. p.s. my hair is relaxed though.

You are too kind! We tend to always look at others hair (photos) and say, "Oh, if only..." and I find myself doing that a lot! But do know I absolutely love your hair as well! No doubt about it!

-lee

Pixel
wave.gif

I always go to a salon to get my hair straightened.

My stylist washes, does a deep conditioning and then puts a protective (clear) cellphane on my hair. Then she blow dries, and either flat irons of presses it. Flat iron usually gives my hair more "fluff" while pressing makes it ultra straight.

-lee

Back