Any Ladies with MBL or BSL (but 5'1" - 5'4")

Neala21

I am 5'2" and my goal length is either MBL or BSL.

The reason I am not sure :ohwell: on which end goal is due to the fact I dont want to be outdrowned by hair.:wallbash: Especially being short I want my hair to be fitting to my size.

It would be great if any of you ladies have pictures. TIA

BTW I am relaxed but I don't mind seeing naturals/texalaxed pictures and info.

I'm right there at BSL (in my avatar its above because its curled lol) and I'm approx. 5'4". I think once you get to WL it might be a bit much but depending on how you are wearing it/have it cut (layers) I don't think its overwhelming

Well I'm 5' ft and I have BSL hair ...I think it fits because I've always have had long hair....My mother is 4'10 and before she got cancer her hair was waist length and it was beautiful on her......I really don't think height matters

I've got natural layers which i like for the most part. I don't think i'd go past WL (might not get that close to that length)

Your hair is gorgeous. :yep:

Well I'm 5' ft and I have BSL hair ...I think it fits because I've always have had long hair....My mother is 4'10 and before she got cancer her hair was waist length and it was beautiful on her......I really don't think height matters

That's good to know... I had a friend and she was 4'10 or so and her hair was a bit past WL and it just seemed like such a hassell and it made her seem shorter.

I don't think anything can make me look shorter:lachen::lachen: I can tell you this my BSL hair is probably APL on a average height person.....I think it's easier to make my goals because I'm so little..Hair doesn't have to grow as long to reach the middle of my back:yep:

I am 5'2" and my goal length is either MBL or BSL.

The reason I am not sure :ohwell: on which end goal is due to the fact I dont want to be outdrowned by hair.:wallbash: Especially being short I want my hair to be fitting to my size.

It would be great if any of you ladies have pictures. TIA

BTW I am relaxed but I don't mind seeing naturals/texalaxed pictures and info.

I personally don't think that long hair should be limited by a persons particular height. I am 5' and my goal is midback or waistlength.:grin:

Look at Jada Pinkette Smith. She is very petite definitely below 5'4" and her hair is flowing and it looks amazing on her.

Girl, if and when you get to MBL or below remember you can always cut your beautiful locs if if doesn't suite you.

I don't think anything can make me look shorter:lachen::lachen: I can tell you this my BSL hair is probably APL on a average height person.....I think it's easier to make my goals because I'm so little..Hair doesn't have to grow as long to reach the middle of my back:yep:

Gotta totally agree on that as far as that being a really good advantage. I know i've played in some wigs at different lengths and I'm like oh no way...this makes me look short :wallbash:. Unless I am like some heels at all times then its more fitting... :grin:

5'1'' checking with BSL hair going for MBL!

But I hear you though. Don't want to drown my petite statue. Honestly, I think I look pretty good with short neck length hair. Especially with my long neck. HOWEVER, once I get to my desired length (or know I can reach that length if I ever wanted to again in the future) then I'll start chopping :)!

I am 5'3 3/4''..had to throw in that 3/4''. I think my hair is about mbl, and I don't think it overwhelms me at all. I can't wait for it to get longer, lol.

ETA-My frame is not petite though, so that might make a difference.

Last edited:
I personally don't think that long hair should be limited by a persons particular height. I am 5' and my goal is midback or waistlength.:grin:

Look at Jada Pinkette Smith. She is very petite definitely below 5'4" and her hair is flowing and it looks amazing on her.

Girl, if and when you get to MBL or below remember you can always cut your beautiful locs if if doesn't suite you.

Yeah I love Jada's Hair. That's true can always cut it. But I know at least one person will tell me (as far as friends or family) that its too long...and then try to get me all down about it.

I guess I better start saying Yah!! Trick Yah!! :wasntme:Then i better go find some more goal inspirational pics.

LADIES! PLEASE DON'T ME MAD IF I COPY A PIC OF YOURS AND POST IN ON MY HAIR BOARD WALL OF FAME POSTER (gotta keep inspiration up and around me - don't worry i'll ask permission first) :yep:

I am 5'3 3/4''..had to throw in that 3/4''. I think my hair is about mbl, and I don't think it overwhelms me at all. I can't wait for it to get longer, lol.

Yeah my frame is a bit petite and that might be a bit of a factor. I like the fact many of the ladies says that its not overwhelming.Maybe things aren't as bad as i thought

5'1'' checking with BSL hair going for MBL!

But I hear you though. Don't want to drown my petite statue. Honestly, I think I look pretty good with short neck length hair. Especially with my long neck. HOWEVER, once I get to my desired length (or know I can reach that length if I ever wanted to again in the future) then I'll start chopping :)!

I hate the way i look with short hair ( i did it twice and i didn't think it was fitting to my face frame at all) Anyways I think i might go for the MBL

CAN ANYONE TELL THAT I HAVE 2 MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS (I'M AT WORK AND BORED & READY TO LEAVE - SNOW STORM IN CHICAGO :wallbash:)

:wave::wave::wave:

I'm 5'1" and I'm MBL:

hair-5.jpg

I'm 5' 3 1/2 with a petite frame (think Jada Pinkett or smaller). My hair is approachind MBL and it's not overwhelming at all. It actually looks nice & feminine. It adds to my sex appeal ;). I honestly don't think WSL would overwhelm me either.

If it gets too long for you, just cut it. Don't start having doubts before you even get there :).

I'm 5' 3 1/2 with a petite frame (think Jada Pinkett or smaller). My hair is approachind MBL and it's not overwhelming at all. It actually looks nice & feminine. It adds to my sex appeal ;). I honestly don't think WSL would overwhelm me either.

If it gets too long for you, just cut it. Don't start having doubts before you even get there :).

Sex appeal...(that's a great plus)

Im trying not to (for a minute i thought i was just gonna be okay with APL but its like i want it longer - but the challenge i have it thickness and its gets a bit more difficult as it grows) Ima gonna try an cope with it

Co-signing! I'm the exact same height, too.

OT: Neala you kilt (yes i said kilt instead of killed) me with the Yaaah Trick Yaah! That has become my phrase of choice. You in Chicago kickin it with the Hawk? Im in NW Indiana.

Back to the topic at hand....Im tryna get to MBL, my hair has always pretty much been at BSL but I would always get it cut at touch up time so I never get a chance to see if it would get that far. If it does...next stop WL!

I got ALL of you beat... on a good day I'm 4'11-5'0...most days...im 4'10....

My goal is WL...STRECTHED... im really tiny..but with features that, dont help out somethimes (big butt (the black genes)) and these damn washing machines hips(hispanic genes)..I need something to help even that stuff out...

I'm 5'4, touching BSL, and my hair still seems short. I never thought about too much hair overpowering me, but I guess I'll have to think about it as it gets longer. I was actually going for WL.

OT: Neala you kilt (yes i said kilt instead of killed) me with the Yaaah Trick Yaah! That has become my phrase of choice. You in Chicago kickin it with the Hawk? Im in NW Indiana.

Back to the topic at hand....Im tryna get to MBL, my hair has always pretty much been at BSL but I would always get it cut at touch up time so I never get a chance to see if it would get that far. If it does...next stop WL!

Yea in Chicago. Yeah that's my phrase - (my little sis is best friends with Soulja boy 1st cuz who lives right up the street from us, they were always hanging with each other inclu Soulja as well) Now he done blew up he 2 crazy...got so many songs of his on the computer cuz she won't stop uploading songs of his crazy

anyways back on topic. i used to be a SL a long time and that was before i got the hair boards and learned more about hair...i wish i could say i was at bsl

I got ALL of you beat... on a good day I'm 4'11-5'0...most days...im 4'10....

My goal is WL...STRECTHED... im really tiny..but with features that, dont help out somethimes (big butt (the black genes)) and these damn washing machines hips(hispanic genes)..I need something to help even that stuff out...

Yeah u got most ladies beat on here.... But understand where u coming from on the help even things out.

As i see it for me (make some objects appear not as big (kind of like the message on car mirror object may appear closer than they really are) on me some features seem a bit big)

Ok STL you are cracking me up. I am 5'3 1/4"!!!!! I do the same thing. My SO thinks I'm silly but I need the 1/4. Anyway, I'm currently BSL and pushing for MBL. I have another 3 inches and I'm psyched!!!!! :drunk:

Back