Any great overnight conditioners

Caramel Jewel

Does anyone here do an overnight treatment....have you seen noticeable results.....What brands do you recommend...what would you not recommend......

I prefer something moisturizing:)

I like the Mizani H20 Intense Nighttime Treatment.

I know it got mixed reviews in the Mizani Nighttime Treatment Thread.....but it is working well for Me/My Hair and I like it.:grin:

In fact, more than likely, I will definitely re-buy.

I use Qhemet's Heavy Cream every night after I rinse my hair with water for my night treatment. I always wake up to soft shiny hair, always!

I know it got mixed reviews in the Mizani Nighttime Treatment Thread.....but it is working well for Me/My Hair and I like it.:grin:

Im still loving my steamer girl! :grin:

AO HSR or AO GPB (or a combination of the two)!!

I would put it on dry hair with a baggy or sometimes without - rinse/shampoo/condition in the morning...great moisturization and slip...

Honestly, you can use your fav moisturizing condish if you have one. I try not to use a moisturizing condish overnight unless I have protein overload. . .b/c too much moisture isn't good either.

When I did have protein overload, I used Lustrasilk shea butter/mango cholesterol. It brought my hair back to normal the next day after I rinsed and cowashed. HTH

I love using coconut oil as an overnight treatment. Usually I'll rinse my hair in the shower, get rid of the excess water, and then slather on the coconut oil and cover with a plastic cap and my bonnet. By morning, most of it has absorbed and I just rinse my hair (or condition) as usual.

IMO, coconut oil is the perfect conditioner to leave on for hours because it's proven to penetrate the hair, it helps slows the loss of protein from the strand, and it can't give you moisture or protein overload.

I love using coconut oil as an overnight treatment. Usually I'll rinse my hair in the shower, get rid of the excess water, and then slather on the coconut oil and cover with a plastic cap and my bonnet. By morning, most of it has absorbed and I just rinse my hair (or condition) as usual.

IMO, coconut oil is the perfect conditioner to leave on for hours because it's proven to penetrate the hair, it helps slows the loss of protein from the strand, and it can't give you moisture or protein overload.

can I rub it in dry hair....

can I rub it in dry hair....

You sure can.

I just find that it works best for me on hair that is at least damp. When I do it on dry, it doesn't seem to absorb as well and I end up with greasy feeling hair instead of a "moisturized" feeling. It also spreads easier on wet hair for me.

If I'm overnighting it's usually a baggy. I love KBB Super Silky with baobab oil over. I also use the same mixture to bantu knot or twist overnight, then take it out and bun in the a.m.

I just bought Njoi's coconut cream, and I must say it is nice. My hair looooves creams, and so far it's enjoying this one. I'm going to baggy tonight with this in, and see how it comes out tomorrow.

NjoiCreationS.etsy.com

Oh and her shipping is FAST! Great customer service too. She let me know when she shipped.

Last edited:
Online- hairveda sitrinillah
In store- yes to cucumbers conditoner

Leaving these on overnight makes my hair soft and happy.

IA..I have some on my hair right now:grin:

Back