Any (former) long-time naturals go back to relaxing?

I have been back and forth with this. Although my hair would be silky, straight with a relaxer, it will be fine a limp. IT WILL NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE I WOULD IMAGINE! That's why when I had relaxed hair, I cut it. It shaped better then. It is time consuming, so I do understand the gripes.:ohwell:

I've done the BC AT LEAST 3 times!!! I end up going back to relaxing EVERY time. My hair is dense, thick and cottony. I'm really just coming to terms with the fact that even with my texlaxed/texturized hair it is NOT going to get to brastrap any time soon. The tangles become too much. I just self texlaxed a week ago, but in August I will RELAX completely. Going to a salon for that one--too much hair!

I've done the BC AT LEAST 3 times!!! I end up going back to relaxing EVERY time. My hair is dense, thick and cottony. I'm really just coming to terms with the fact that even with my texlaxed/texturized hair it is NOT going to get to brastrap any time soon. The tangles become too much. I just self texlaxed a week ago, but in August I will RELAX completely. Going to a salon for that one--too much hair!

I could have wrote that exact post. I'm thinking about ending my transition too. This is the 3rd time I've transitioned. And the longer my natural hair gets the harder it is to manage.

I could have wrote that exact post. I'm thinking about ending my transition too. This is the 3rd time I've transitioned. And the longer my natural hair gets the harder it is to manage.

And you know what? I get so much bullish about "3b hair shouldnt have any problems!" I wanna tell some of those people to kiss my brown you know what! My hair doesnt hold twists, they unravel EVEN coated with beeswax, gel etc. Its too long for wash n gos (I end up with TONS of tangles, single strand knots, etc). My twist outs give me loads of tangles like wash n gos. Ditto for braid outs. Matter fact all the loose styles: fros, puffs, ponytails, etc KNOTS CLUMPS TANGLES GALORE. I dont live the lifestyle that affords me to cowash every day and when I did my hair stinks because its so dense it NEVER dries. I can braid my own hair but Im over braids. Crown n glory for a year will make u hate braids. Last week (Ive changed my siggy since then) but I had to put in my siggy that I would NEVER EVER air dry my hair in a fro EVER again. I CRIED in the bathroom trying to detangle IN THE SHOWER UNDER RUNNING WATER AND LOADED WITH CONDITIONER. I shouldnt have to get assistance putting my hair into a pony but I do otherwise Im gonna have cramps in my arms in a few minutes. The longer it gets the more problems Im having with my hair. Its only easy to style and work with when its straight. *sigh* pardon the rant but I just so feel you on the longer=harder to manage... I need to go look in bublinbrnsuga's fotki... Or else Im not gonna make it to relax Ima shave this ish off a la silvergirl (but my head is rather large.. I dont think I could pull it off as beautifully as she does.)

Curlycurly I just say give it some thought. But in the end no one should be unhappy with their hair, especially if they can do something about it.

And you know what? I get so much bullish about "3b hair shouldnt have any problems!" I wanna tell some of those people to kiss my brown you know what! My hair doesnt hold twists, they unravel EVEN coated with beeswax, gel etc. Its too long for wash n gos (I end up with TONS of tangles, single strand knots, etc). My twist outs give me loads of tangles like wash n gos. Ditto for braid outs. Matter fact all the loose styles: fros, puffs, ponytails, etc KNOTS CLUMPS TANGLES GALORE. I dont live the lifestyle that affords me to cowash every day and when I did my hair stinks because its so dense it NEVER dries. I can braid my own hair but Im over braids. Crown n glory for a year will make u hate braids. Last week (Ive changed my siggy since then) but I had to put in my siggy that I would NEVER EVER air dry my hair in a fro EVER again. I CRIED in the bathroom trying to detangle IN THE SHOWER UNDER RUNNING WATER AND LOADED WITH CONDITIONER. I shouldnt have to get assistance putting my hair into a pony but I do otherwise Im gonna have cramps in my arms in a few minutes. The longer it gets the more problems Im having with my hair. Its only easy to style and work with when its straight. *sigh* pardon the rant but I just so feel you on the longer=harder to manage... I need to go look in bublinbrnsuga's fotki... Or else Im not gonna make it to relax Ima shave this ish off a la silvergirl (but my head is rather large.. I dont think I could pull it off as beautifully as she does.)

Curlycurly I just say give it some thought. But in the end no one should be unhappy with their hair, especially if they can do something about it.

lovely <3 .

I wore braids for 2 years and was natural for 3 years. After 5 years without a relaxer I was so unsure about what to do I would literally have nightmares about my hair being ruined. I went to the same stylist who did my hair while I was natural, and he used Affirm mild. He didn't relax me bone straight, and I love my hair. I miss my natural hair sometimes, and would consider groing natural again when I'm older. Right now I'm too active to deal with the 2 hr detangling sessions.

Plus, having dealt with my natural hair for so long, I know how to deal with my new growth, which means I'm not rushing to the salon for a touch-up every 6 weeks. I get a touch-up about every 3 months. Up until recently my hair was the longest it's ever been (about 2 inches from brastrap) but I got lazy with my hair and had to cut off some split ends. It's a personal decision, so don't feel guilty about wanting to straighten your hair. No one is gonna be looking at your hair in the mirror but you!

Back