Any flat iron similar to the FHI Runway?

MIAcar

This was the only iron that straightened well and didnt make my ends dry. I believe they discontinued it years ago and mine died a few years
back. Anything made of whole ceramic like this one?

I don’t have a ceramic suggestion but Duvolle has a titanium one that doesn’t make your hair hard or smell burnt. It’s called the Rendezvous, and it’s really a one pass flatiron.

I own the FHI Runways(both the digital and the one with the dial) and I got the EAP flat iron after someone accidently dropped my Runway and the plate popped off(I was able to pop it back into place...thank goodness). That scare created the need for me to have a quality back up. So, I got the EAP Heat on black Friday a few years ago(they have amazing black Friday sales every year) as a back up to my Runways for travel and to allow others to use. It didn't disappoint. The FHI is better but the quality of the EAP is in the same echelon. The EAP handle get hotter than I would like at the hour mark and it has auto shut off at the hour mark but those are small differences. For the price(even full price) and performance, it is well worth it as a dupe. It straightens just as well as the Runway.

ETA link:
The larger ones works well and so does titanium but I usually grab the 1 inch ceramic out of habit.

Last edited:
I own the FHI Runways(both the digital and the one with the dial) and I got the EAP flat iron after someone accidently dropped my Runway and the plate popped off(I was able to pop it back into place...thank goodness). That scare created the need for me to have a quality back up. So, I got the EAP Heat on black Friday a few years ago(they have amazing black Friday sales every year) as a back up to my Runways for travel and to allow others to use. It didn't disappoint. The FHI is better but the quality of the EAP is in the same echelon. The EAP handle get hotter than I would like at the hour mark and it has auto shut off at the hour mark but those are small differences. For the price(even full price) and performance, it is well worth it as a dupe. It straightens just as well as the Runway.

ETA link:
The larger ones works well and so does titanium but I usually grab the 1 inch ceramic out of habit.

Thanks for this recommendation. i got the EAP today, and you are right. Its a very good dupe of the Runway. Way better than the FHI Heat I got. My ends dont dry out and heat is evenly distributed, so one pass is all i need.

Thanks for this recommendation. i got the EAP today, and you are right. Its a very good dupe of the Runway. Way better than the FHI Heat I got. My ends dont dry out and heat is evenly distributed, so one pass is all i need.
Good good. I believed you would like them. I am never happy when a favorite of an item gets discontinued or hard to buy but in the past few years...dupes across most stuff have been on point. LOL.... So I am grateful for that.

Back