Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge???

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

hey just updating! I trimmed last week, was not 2 pleased but i plan on being cornrowed up for the next 5 months
cowashing every two weeks
DCing every two weeks
moisturising everyday
apply growth aid every day

I noticed that my hair does better when its left alone so this is what i'll try to do for the time being. how is every one else holding up?

Re: Any ear length or shorter ladies interested in Neck/Collarbone Length challenge??

Hi ladies! I'd like to post my 2 month progress, i would really like to be chin length by June. I'm staying in braids for the first 6 months or so as a protective style. Right now I'm still a little above the ear, cant wait until i reach below the ear.....this is almost too depressing sometimes, but eventually I will get there.

moz-screenshot.jpg

Your hair looks great sweetie! I hear you about the braids. I plan on getting box braids when I reach the 3 month mark and keeping them in for 2-3 months.

Ahhhh man :darkcloud: I really want to join but I don't even think I'm at ear length yet! Is there a challenge for getting to ear length or am I close enough to do this one? How long does it take to get to collarbone? :perplexed

Hey sweetie! It's ear length or shorter so come on in!!!

I'm not sure how long it takes to get to neck/collarbone( many people have many different ideas of which is longer) I just wanted to make a challenge for myself that I knew I would have a better chance of reaching. I was thinking about ending the challenge in dec 09. I'm sure some ladies will have passed the goal by then but my hair grows S_L_O_W so we shall see. :) Welcome!

This is a GREAT idea!!! Count me in! Count me in! :grin:I have a 1 1/2 in. TWA that is 4b natural. I am not too computer savvy, so I haven't posted pics. Here's my routine:
  • Prepoo with Castor Oil or Coconut Oil and whatever DC I'm using that day.
  • Shampoo and DC every 5 days (products: Aveda Damage Control or a Mizani Hydrafuse/Kerafuse mix or Hydratherma Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner with Sizta2Sizta Halt...I have to keep my hair guessing what is coming next:spinning:)
  • CW every other day with a lighter conditioner.
  • Moisturize my hair using Hydratherma Naturals Hair Follicle Invigorator, BeeMine Mango scented Serum, Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion, then seal with an oil.
  • Wear my wig (yep...I'm in the Wig Challenge)
  • Moisturize my hair before going to bed. I sometimes apply Sulfur 8 to my scalp.
  • I also take a few different supplements, but not too consistently. The supplement I take most frequently is 5g of biotin.
  • I'm also in the Egg Drink Challenge, but I think I'm going to have to bow out...my stomach is getting too bloated.
I want to be at least ear length by June, then NL by September. I'm claiming them both now! Be blessed ladies, and let's get growing together!!!:grin:

Hey sweetie! It's ear length or shorter so come on in!!!

I'm not sure how long it takes to get to neck/collarbone( many people have many different ideas of which is longer) I just wanted to make a challenge for myself that I knew I would have a better chance of reaching. I was thinking about ending the challenge in dec 09. I'm sure some ladies will have passed the goal by then but my hair grows S_L_O_W so we shall see. :) Welcome!

Yay! Ok I'm in. When is this challenge over BTW?

Length- 2-4 inches
Pre-poo- Vatika oil nightly
Regimen- Co-wash daily or every other day with varying conditioners till I find the right one.
ACV or baking soda rinse once weekly
Deep Condish- 2x a week with whatever I find that works
Seal with-(some?) oil every other day
Dust-Maybe I have never cut this hair yet.
Protective styles- wigs, wigs and more wigs
Maxi hair- 2 pills daily
Adding alma and honey to most products.

Count me in!! :grin: My hair length is...well you see the pic. I just cut it in January. Currently my reggie is:

Wash and DC 2x/week
Wet wrap hair
Style using flat iron
Sleep with satin bonnet

Products I use:
DC: ORS Replenishing Conditioner (protein) SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque (Moisture)
Shampoo: Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo
Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Heat Protectant: Fantasia IC

also use Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll
use Elasta QP Mango Butter when needed
my flat iron is a Sedu

I want to sign up for this challenge! I hope to be close to shoulder length by the end of the year.

Hi I wanna Join ,I wanna Join
Um ok, i think im 4a with areas of 3c, and i have an twa
Maybe three inches
my reggie is still under construction but heres what i have so far:
2x a week yogurt treatment
2x a week cowashing
Once everyday Lenzi Reuqest on my scalp
Like i said im still working on it, but i think its a good start:yep:

Welcome ladies! I am checking in! I am bunning now, yeahhhhhh! Moisturize and bun is the way to go. I'll update later to see how it goes.

whoooo!!! finally! im pretty new, but a lot of these challenges arent for me. i know im a little over a month late, but im hoping i can still join. :)

i think i have 4a hair, but thats really just a guess. my hair is nape length in the back and almost hits the bottom of my ears on the side (ab 1/4" shy i guess), and my bangs touch the tip of my nose.

im new to haircare. well, at least, doing it myself. right now im almost 4 weeks post relaxer. trying for an 8-10 week stretch (HUGE for me).

right now my so-called reggie is:

wash once a week
air dry a bit, then blow dry on medium low
flat iron/big curls (for body)
grease scalp
wrap

pretty simple, right?

relaxer: just tried optimum care anti-breakage relaxer :) good results
shampoo: keracare for dry and itchy scalp, aphogee
conditioner: keracare for dry and itchy scalp
reconstructor: aphogee
others: aphogee restructerizer, aphogee leave-in conditioner
chi silk infusion, elasta qp foam wrap, pink oil sheen, nairobi dandra-solv scalp balm
vitamins: women's one a day, biotin (1000mg 2x daily), vitamin c (250mg 1x daily)
(i only use aphogee products every 2-3 weeks and i plan on using the 2-step before my relaxer)

just this has improved the health and appearance of my hair, but i am SOOOOOOO open to suggestions, referrals, etc. involving regimens, products, and esp. protective styles

hoping for full NL, (possibly SL?!?! lol) by december!!! :)

btw, whens the end date?

Last edited:

Hi ladies,

Congrats on all the progress.....please count me in too! I just relaxed yesterday and went to see my stylist and she cut my hair as it was extremely damaged (my hair after the cut is above my ears and in the back at the top of my neck).....believe me it needed it! I hope to be at least shoulder length by September 2009. My regimen is to simply go into my stylist weekly for shampoo/deep condish and wrap/roller set. I feel that at this point I need to maintain a consistent schedule with her until my hair bounces back. I will post pics soon!!! Thanks so much for beginning that challenge! Wishing you all the best.

Hello ladies just checking in! It's great to see so many people joining the challenge :)

I will be posting pics soon!!!!

I'm in! Hope it's not too late! I did my BC just last month. I have about an inch of hair and hope to have SL by December! I'm still trying dif' products and playing with my regi'. Right now I shampoo and deep conidition once a week. I also co wash daily. That pretty much sums it up. I plan on kicking my regi up a few gears, so I'll keep yall updated!

I'm interesed in joining this challenge if it's not to late. Right now, my hair is a little below ear on right side and kinda the top of my ear on left side. Right side has more length. It's cut kinda how Queen Latifah's was cut(even though my was cut first:) ) So, I would like to get it shoulder length by end of challenge.

Right now all I do is wash it once a week with olive oil shampoo(Proclaim) and condition with olive oil conditioner(Proclaim). I'll either wrap it wet or air dry. If I let it air dry, I'll run the blow dryer through it quickly and then flat iron. I also us Razac Hair oil or Creme of Nature Anti Breakage

I'm actually going to pre-poo as soon as I get out of work this am.

What is the end date?

Last edited:

Hi Ladies. I'm still interested in joining this challenge, if it's not to late

I wanna join. I'm currently ear lenght with the back shaved. I'm a natural that straightens but thinking about relaxing soon. I'll post pics later because I am at work right now.

What is the end date?

I planned on ending the challenge in dec of 09. it's a pretty general challenge( not a lot of rules ) but If you have suggestions i'm all ears! :yep:

Hi All,
Just joined the forum today after lurking for a few good weeks. could i still join this challenge if it's not to late?
I just relaxed a few days ago and should be doing applying my henna mix tonight. My hair is just mid ear length but i would live to get it to shoulder length by end of challenge.

Hey ladies,

I have a question for you: how/when are you detangling your hair and what are you using? Lately, I have been detangling my hair after pooing(my length is maybe 3 inches with an inch of newgrowth) while having a lot of conditioner on. The comb I am using I purchased from walmart it's a goody's detangling comb(the brown/black one) and while it detangles my hair I also think it snags/pulls it too(even with all the conditioner I have in it).

I detangle with my conditioner in and I use an afro comb. If I can find a pic of it I will post but I get it from the bss. I have a question as well for the EL ladies who relax and co wash....what do you do with your hair after cowashing? I'm also participating in the KISS Challenge so I'm limiting my heat. I want to start cowashing but dont know what to do with it afterwards. Any suggestions?

I use a lot of conditioner on my hair its a lil about ear length but enough i can pull into a teeny weeny ponytail. Anyway i use a big detangling comb that i got mines at kmart but i think sally's has them too. its doesn't snag my curls or wavys at all. i think it was like a dollar here's a picture:

I use a lot of conditioner on my hair its a lil about ear length but enough i can pull into a teeny weeny ponytail. Anyway i use a big detangling comb that i got mines at kmart but i think sally's has them too. its doesn't snag my curls or wavys at all. i think it was like a dollar here's a picture:

Hey there,

Thanks so much for replying. I actually have this comb somewhere upstairs. I will look for it and try it the next time I wash my hair.

I planned on ending the challenge in dec of 09. it's a pretty general challenge( not a lot of rules ) but If you have suggestions i'm all ears! :yep:

Hey ladies. Is it too late to join this challenge?

Hi! I want to join [I hope it's not too late]. I'm 3c natural. I just did my big chop last month and my hair's a bunch of different lengths all over lol. My hair in the front is at my ears and my hair in the back is longer, but i don't care about that because I'm going to even it out when it gets longer.

Anyway, my regimen:
I wash and go everyday
Co-wash daily with either Suave Humectant, Suave Tropical Coconut, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, or Hydralicious. I rotate them, but really my favorite is Suave Humectant. Also, I keep a little Avocado oil mixed with all my conditioners.
Moisturize with Giovanni's Direct Leave-In or Hairveda Whipped Ends Cream (I can't decide if I like this or not)
Seal Moisture with Hairveda Vatika Frosting or Cocasta Shikakai Oil
Shampoo Once a Week with either Motions CPR, Suave Humectant, or Nature's Gate Rainwater Clarifying Shampoo.
Deep Condition with Pantene Pro-V Replenishing Mask

I don't have a reconstructor yet. I'm going to try out a few mentioned when I need it.

Last edited:

Just checking in!
I washed with CON and a Biotin Shampoo today
I used Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructure with a plastic cap
After that I dc'd with DPR-11 under dryer for 30 minutes
Rinced
And my hair is currently in my mini bun lol! With loads of MOM miracle moisturizer, homemade spritz, and sealed with oil
What a wash day!

Hi there sweetie,

No, not at all. Welcome to the challenge!

Great. I just found a regimen that I do twice weekly, one protein treatment wash and the other is a deep conditioning treatment.
This is what I will do tonight:
--Wash with Aubrey Organics White Camilla Shampoo
--ORS Mayo hair treatment for protein
--Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Conditioners
--Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisture Conditioner
--Nourish and Shine
--Castor Oil as a sealant

Im excited to give this a try:grin:

Great. I just found a regimen that I do twice weekly, one protein treatment wash and the other is a deep conditioning treatment.
This is what I will do tonight:
--Wash with Aubrey Organics White Camilla Shampoo
--ORS Mayo hair treatment for protein
--Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Conditioners
--Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisture Conditioner
--Nourish and Shine
--Castor Oil as a sealant

Im excited to give this a try:grin:

Good looking regimen!

Back