Any bleached waist length ladies ?

blessed7777

I noticed most of the mbl and longer people here all have kept their hair with darker tones rather than highlights and lighter tones of hair. I am sure thats the main reason they have reached such long lengths of hair.

However, do we have any exceptions to this rule? Please share how you keep your bleached hair long and healthy. Please also share if you waited until you made your hair goal before bleaching your hair. :)

I was doing the same search when I was dying to bleach my hair and the answer is by and large....NO. Pretty much everyone that has exceptional length to their hair, has left the color alone.

The ladies that I saw that bleached their hair and did it regularly had shorter hair. I bit the bullet and lightened my hair and let me tell you.....not worth it. I had a little fun with it in the beginning but it really diminishes the quality of your hair. I still retained because I altered my regimen to help my hair continue to thrive but my hair is so much more high maintenance as a result.

My advice: If you wanna experiment with color do it with a weave or a wig and get it out of your system. Vast majority of the time its just a passing phase and you dont wanna be stuck with that color when you're over the phase.

I would like to know this too. The only ladies I have seen who managed this are on LHC and usually type 1 or 2. I'm currently debating on if I want to keep my bleached streak in the back. It's a lot of upkeep and I don't know if I want to do it for such a long time.

There is a youtuber that had bleached, maybe highlights, in the front of her hair. Her youtube name is happyhairshow. She has tailbone length hair; I think. She said that the bleach was damaging her hair so she dyed her hair back to black. She is also texlaxed.

I bleached a small section of my hair a few months ago (I wanted to dye it purple). I love it, but bleaching my whole head is a no go. They aren't kidding when they say it's damaging. I can't imagine the upkeep and damage if I did my whole head.

I bleached a small section of my hair a few months ago (I wanted to dye it purple). I love it, but bleaching my whole head is a no go. They aren't kidding when they say it's damaging. I can't imagine the upkeep and damage if I did my whole head.
:yep:
That's me right there.

Thank you so much ladies for the advice and info. Since I am natural I thought I could get away with bleaching but I think I will play it safe. At the very most when I make full mbl or waist I may go to Aveda and just get a few face framing highlights in the front and call it a day :)

Off the top of my head their are two members with heavy highlights and long hair. I'll have to search for the names if you want it. Butterfly something (I'll look her up) is relaxed and highlighted. The other member was a long term transitioner and her brother was her stylist. If anyone remembers her, help me out. I think it was blackbarbie or one of the other 'barbie' member. She had really shiny type 3 hair, I think. Janet was also bleached but is no longer.

ETA: I won't tag butterfly since she's relaxed. The other member I was thinking of is blackbarbie, but she's no longer here.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=377539

Here are two of Janet's threads on her color:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=555965

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=578333

Oh and I just saw your other post. Lifting hair color can damage the curl pattern. They'll explain all that if you go to Aveda. So be aware that if you have highlights and wear your hair natural, those pieces might hang lower than the rest of your hair because of the curl pattern change.

Last edited:
To every woman that has bleached hair, I asked to them and the main repy was "I lost almost/around 4 inches of hair" I want to enjoy my hair and have colors but I'm sure i wont be pleased with 4inches less :( :ohwell:

Off the top of my head their are two members with heavy highlights and long hair. I'll have to search for the names if you want it. Butterfly something (I'll look her up) is relaxed and highlighted. The other member was a long term transitioner and her brother was her stylist. If anyone remembers her, help me out. I think it was blackbarbie or one of the other 'barbie' member. She had really shiny type 3 hair, I think. Janet was also bleached but is no longer.

ETA: I won't tag butterfly since she's relaxed. The other member I was thinking of is blackbarbie, but she's no longer here.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=377539

Here are two of Janet's threads on her color:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=555965

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=578333

Oh and I just saw your other post. Lifting hair color can damage the curl pattern. They'll explain all that if you go to Aveda. So be aware that if you have highlights and wear your hair natural, those pieces might hang lower than the rest of your hair because of the curl pattern change.

Its butterfly08, she tends to have really light highlights and long hair (relaxed): http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=539985

If you're just streaking and not doing it often (like light in the Sumner dark in the winter) then you'll be fine.

Check my album where I bleached streaks in my hair when it was long

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

There is a youtuber that had bleached, maybe highlights, in the front of her hair. Her youtube name is happyhairshow. She has tailbone length hair; I think. She said that the bleach was damaging her hair so she dyed her hair back to black. She is also texlaxed.

This is happyhairshow. She did colour, and the bleach did damage, which is worth considering before adding bleach to already processed hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=AQcS0mZwJXQ

Thanks for asking this question. I had been thinking about dying my hair once I reach waist length, but I think I will stick with henna when the time comes.

Once my hair grows back, I'll do henna. I was WL and got layers cut and color...yep now im APLish...never again...

I have color but its not bleached. Its lifted with developer which is not nearly as damaging as bleach. I Do Not recommend bleach but color is fine but maybe not if u r also relaxed.

Im not sure why people bleach. The only reason you have to bleach is if you previously dyed your dark because developer cant lift hair thats already been dyed dark.

Is there any way to color hair that's been previously dyed dark without bleach?? Or do I have to grow it all out. :(

Do any of you ladies have permanently dyed darker hair? I currently dye jet black with a demi but I want to switch to a different color but it only comes in permanent.

ManeStreet said:
How long ago did you color it?

What color is it?

Are you trying to color it to be a lighter color?

It's dark brown looks black unless it's in the light. About 3 weeks ago. I want it to be lighter

my hairs pretty much waistlength and i bleached my whole head. not blonde just light brown, i think if i go any lighter i will experience a lot of problems

celiabug said:
my hairs pretty much waistlength and i bleached my whole head. not blonde just light brown, i think if i go any lighter i will experience a lot of problems

To get to light brown next time you can just use a high level developer with your color to be on the safe side just my two cents

To get to light brown next time you can just use a high level developer with your color to be on the safe side just my two cents

well i was aiming for blonde lol it just didnt turn out that way because it was already died black. i might dye it one more time to even out the color. its kinda choppy. i might go to a professional this time. but as far as my hair health is concerned i havent seen that much damage. i just deep condition more.

Some have no choice but to bleach if they want a certain level if lightening. If someone has ink black, color resistant hair like mine you will have to bleach to get anything lighter than a dark brown color in the light.

As long as you don't over do it with the bleach you'll be fine and still maintain length and health.

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Is there any way to color hair that's been previously dyed dark without bleach?? Or do I have to grow it all out. :(

You could use ColorFix at Sally's to remove dark dye, it works but it's tricky to use.

One thing you could do is just get highlights for an allover lighter look. I had Black hair dye earlier this year and I got my hair "stripped" by a stylist then colored. I don't have a relaxer though.

celiabug

Your hair is really pretty. I am using L'oreal HiColor for Dark Hair in Coolest Brown for a color similar to yours in your avi. It's one step color for natural medium brown to black hair and it lifts 3-4 levels. I use it with 30 volume peroxide. I really love the color.:yep:

Back