Any 4Z's that are BSL?

rickysrose

Hi Everyone,

There are so many ladies here with such beautiful hair!!!! I just joined lhcf!! I've been wearing weaves for years and years and would love to finally take care of my hair and get it to BSL. My hair is shoulder length but damaged and thin and my edges are suffering miserably. I have about 5 inches of new growth, I'll be relaxing it once I get the shedding to stop.

I've got my moisturizers, oil sealer, deep conditioners, protein reconstructor, baggies and my phony pony ... poised and ready.

But I'm wondering if it is even possible for my hair, which I call 4Z, to even get to BSL? Are there any ladies with very tightly coiled hair, that relax and have grown their hair to BSL?

Thanks so much ladies for taking the time to answer a newbies questions!

*raises hand jumps up and down* ME ME ME!

It's not as hard as people wanna make it. We can get to BSL, trust.;)

im 4z and i just reached BSL...i did it with my cornrows/Lacefront. Ima go another month just to make sure my eyes arent deceving me ;) You can do it, hang in there! :grin:

Congratulations ATL!!!!

I am 4Z as you call it, I am not at BSL not even close...but I know I will get there one day:D

Thanks ladies ... I feel so optimistic I could cry. It is still hard to believe that I can actually do this. Thanks for your profiles and pics ... I'll be studying your routines.

I'm even too afraid to take a before pic!! But I will, just so that I can tell how far my hair's come when it finally catches up.

rickysrose said:
Thanks ladies ... I feel so optimistic I could cry. It is still hard to believe that I can actually do this. Thanks for your profiles and pics ... I'll be studying your routines.

I'm even too afraid to take a before pic!! But I will, just so that I can tell how far my hair's come when it finally catches up.

Girl yes, you don't have to post it, you can just save it on your computer. And post it when you are ready.

Thanks, MizaniMami ... your hair is SOOOO shiny!!!! It looks like you have naturally "good" hair ... let's see if I can have "good" hair too :perplexed

Girl you better take some pics - I didn't take as many pictures as I should and now I regret it!!!! Take as many pictures as you could - don't post them until YOUR ready!

rickysrose said:

rickysrose said:
Thanks, MizaniMami ... your hair is SOOOO shiny!!!! It looks like you have naturally "good" hair ... let's see if I can have "good" hair too :perplexed

Good hurr is what I call healthy. And anyone with healthy hair can have good hurr!!!! Girl with the right products time and effort, your hurr will be naturally (meaning it's naturally yours, no fakies) good hurr too!

determined_to_grow said:
Girl you better take some pics - I didn't take as many pictures as I should and now I regret it!!!! Take as many pictures as you could - don't post them until YOUR ready!

Cosinging this 100%. You don't have to share them right away, but make sure you have them. You'll need them for the long haul when your eyes start playing tricks on you and you start feeling like your hair is just STUCK. You'll be some months in ready to hang yourself literally-- but those pics have the power baby!:lol: I regret I didn't take more good before shots. You'll never get the chance to be there again-- which is good though right?-:lol: - so snap away.

Girl my hair is way past a 4a or b. It feels like a 10b!!! I went to get my hair done for a wedding this weekend and the lady was feelin my NG and she was like your hair is so soft and heathly but your NG is so tightly curled. She was like most people w/ your texture of hair usually have hard, dry hair. I was thinkin to myself because MOST people dont know about LHCF and how to PROPERLY take care of their hair. I wanted to tell her about it but knew she would think I was crazy since she already tried to tell me that stretchin my relaxer will not help me grow out my hair and she could whip out her hair books to prove it....wont be visiting her again:mad:

Welcome to the community of Positive Black Women!

It is very possible to obtain the length you want and not the one they tell you, you can have! I'm going for Waistlength and hope to be there some time next year!

Its yours! So go and grow it!
MonaRae

rickysrose said:
Hi Everyone,

There are so many ladies here with such beautiful hair!!!! I just joined lhcf!! I've been wearing weaves for years and years and would love to finally take care of my hair and get it to BSL. My hair is shoulder length but damaged and thin and my edges are suffering miserably. I have about 5 inches of new growth, I'll be relaxing it once I get the shedding to stop.

I've got my moisturizers, oil sealer, deep conditioners, protein reconstructor, baggies and my phony pony ... poised and ready.

But I'm wondering if it is even possible for my hair, which I call 4Z, to even get to BSL? Are there any ladies with very tightly coiled hair, that relax and have grown their hair to BSL?

Thanks so much ladies for taking the time to answer a newbies questions!

Hi and welcome...yes, it is very possible to have BSL or longer hair....I didn't think so either until I found these smart women with all this beautiful hair...I was shoulder length prior to joining and now on my way to armpit length and I'm almost there in less than 4 months...you are equipped with all your hair tools...so get ready to watch dat hair grow to lengths you've never thought was possible..:)

Welcome! I'm at BSL, and you will get there too!

Just follow your hair. If you try something from someone else's regimen and your hair doesn't like it, stop right away. I thought I should use heavy protein because lot of other relaxed ladies were, but my hair hated it, and I had some breakage in the beginning because of it. Once I figured out what MY hair liked, things took shape.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions. That's why we're here!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement, the advice and the fotkis with phenomenal hair.

I've just used Profectiv Break free, Vitapointe & Polysorbate 80 on my hair, put my ponytail in a baggy, covered with a silk bonnet and I'm hoping for the best. I hope I have an "after" picture before long to show you ladies.

Yes, you can definitely get there. My hair was a shoulder length and different lengths all around. It's still dif lengths but in the back I am about 3 1/2 to 4 inches to brastrap. I didn't take any pictures accept two but when I will take some in December when I get my hair done professionally.

Yayyyyy for me!:D

I'm a 4-Z...But I'm not BSL yet but hopefully with my next relaxer I'll be APL(or at least very close)...my avatar shows my last relaxer in April 06
So hopefully we can both get there

Last edited:
rickysrose said:
Thanks for all your words of encouragement, the advice and the fotkis with phenomenal hair.

I've just used Profectiv Break free, Vitapointe & Polysorbate 80 on my hair, put my ponytail in a baggy, covered with a silk bonnet and I'm hoping for the best. I hope I have an "after" picture before long to show you ladies.

I use that...it leaves my hair very moisturized with shine...I forgot who put me on to that one of the ladies on here when I was complaining about my hair looking and feeling dry...you have good products and you're on your way to healthy long hair:)

trimbride said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...you said "Good Hair"

This one time you will be excused since you are a newby:D

Just Kidding!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I'm sorry, but this was toooo funny. :lol:

Welcome Rickeysrose and happy hair growing. :)

Rickysrose - Unfortunately I am not 4 a, b or c, but I wish I was. To be able to have hair that thick is a dream for me.

Be encouraged, I once saw this girl in the Mall she was a 4 something her hair texture was thick like DSylla (no lying) and her hair was past midback range it looked about 2 in. from her waist. This girl did not have one fly away, no breakage or anything her natural hair color was Sandy brown this has been the most beautiful head of hair that I have ever seen in my life. Now I'm thinking if her hair could get that long your could to. Have patients.:)

Well I am a 4 zzzz with a smidge of a in the back. I've been brastrap, actually I was an inch past brastrap the beginning of this year but, I had to cut it because me and the flat iron became tooo friendly. It's very attainable.. just have faith.

Back