Any 4 type Naturals using the Curly Girl Method?

.NicNac.

I've been doing the no sulfate shampoos and no cones method now for about 4-5 months. I'm noticing however that my scalp is dry after about 2 days, I was wondering if anyone out there was using this method with 4 type Natural hair???? Any advice?

IMO the curly girl method is old technique. I remember when the book came out 7 or 8 years ago and it was considered a bible on places like nc.om. Today lots of people are still co-washing but there are lots updated regimens here that are improvements on the cg method and they are very effective. For example, check out the oil rinse and ceramides threads.

ive been curly girl since march of 09. i also dont use mineral oil and i dont use ANY silicones, not even water soluble ones. i oil my scalp after i wash my hair usually with some olive oil. i also wash my hair weekly. i used to cowash 3 weeks a month and shampoo the last weeks. but after doing this for a while and steaming my hair for deep conditioners my hair maintained water/moisture enough where ididnt need to ca wash as much. i also moisturize and seal nightly and cowash on midweek with hairveda amla cream rinse. if i dont oil my scalp after each was and co wash it gets very itchy and dry.

i think oiling your scalp will help...i guess i'm modified CG...i co-wash, i dont use mineral oil, petroluem, or sulfate shampoo, i low-poo with shampoo that have milder detergents like cocamidapropyl betaine, or i use ACV or castille soap...but i still use cones in moderation...some of my fave condishes have cones in them and my hair doesnt mind

Back