Another very good shampoo - *REVIEW* L'Oreal Fresh Vive

Tracy

Another very good shampoo - *REVIEW* L\'Oreal Fresh Vive

I tried this yesterday because with VO5 discontinuing all my faves (or, so my rabid fears tell me) I decided to keep expanding my shampoo arsenal. Last night, I tried L'Oreal's "Fresh Vive" shampoo. It claims to be good for frequent washes and has SLES and Cocamide Betaine as the main cleansers. There's also some cones pretty high up on the list.

Overall - I really like the shampoo and will purchase it again pending an assesment of how my hair responds to a daily dose of cones via shampoo. It has the same consistency as NTM shampoo, and some of the slip that you would associate with that product. But the rinse out is very similar to my beloved Lanza - it goes on smooth, and washes smooth, but it rinses clean - no build up, no coated or "protected feeling"...just clean hair that almost squeaks. I CAN however run a comb through right after I WASH, before conditioning, which I've only been able to do with the NTM.

My only complaint (as is always my complaint with the Vive products) is the strong perfumey smell. Otherwise, this is a wonderful shampoo for regular use, or for those that want to clarify, but don't like a clarifying shampoo that makes the hair feel nuts.

It's also billed as a frequent use/shine enhancing shampoo - and I agree with that description. I think it does both quite well. As an added bonus, I usually have fuzzy curls when I wash with shampoo the same day as I wear my hair curly, but not with this. My hair was already spirally before I conditioned it, or put any product on it.

I really like this stuff. If it works out long term, I'm going to keep buying it.

Best thing? It's CHEAP! I purchased it for 2.99 on sale at CVS. Can't beat that with a bat. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: Another very good shampoo - *REVIEW* L\'Oreal Fresh Vive

Thanx for the great review. I would have normally passed over that product...now I'll give it a try...might work well on my fine hair...

Re: Another very good shampoo - *REVIEW* L\'Oreal Fresh Vive

FYI..............Amazing Savings (Use to be Odd Lot) on 33rd Street between 7th and Bway has it for $1.99

Back