Another stupid question

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

I have braids. So far so good. Yesterday made two weeks and I have about 1/4 inch of new growth. There are also little curls sprouting around my hair line, you know "baby hair" in the front and "beady beads" at the nape. Stupid question but is that new hair or broken hair?

I don't think it's broken hair. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's new growth. When I had braids, that's how my hair would grow. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like proof of growth, signs of growth. That is what it means for me. It is soft, downy, and if you stretch it out, it has elasticity. When you relax on a regular basis, it is not uncommon for this area to stay bare. That is because the relaxer removes it, (like Nair, Neet does hair on the legs etc.) If you left relaxer on your hair indefinitely, did not wash it etc. that is exactly what would happen to the rest of the hair on your scalp. It works on the same principle...softening the hair....because the hairline is the most vulnerable overtime, you will see people who do not have any hairline tendrils because of overprocessing, overlapping etc. and they unfortunately do not experience the regrowth or the growth that you are getting in that area. Sounds like you have got your hair care together though.HTH Bonjour.

Back