Another Protective Style

Isis

I'm now in love with my new protective style!
love.gif
Before going to bed, I braid my hair towards the back and pin it low on the back of my head, like wrapping it, using Good Hair Day pins. In the morning, I unbraid it for my braidout, with my hair flowing in the direction I want it to. I posted a picture a few weeks ago of my hair braided for bed in my album. Next thing I know, I'm receiving comments in my album that my hair braided in this way would make a nice hairstyle. I never even looked at it like this so I was really surprised!

So today I decided (since my hair was still damp from airdrying overnight) to wear it in public and decorated it in the back with a pretty silk flower and two silver hair jewelry pins. I received compliments all day (male and female) and turned many heads - two guys approached me and asked me out! Another guy asked me what country I was from. Maybe this style looks exotic...
scratchchin.gif

Thank you ladies who encouraged me to wear this braided look outside of the house as a style!
kiss.gif
Now I can add this one to my small collection of protective styles - my French Twist, bun and braidout! It is also great because I'm stretching my relaxer and the new growth blends in. I'm so loving this for summer and I thought I'd share!
trampoline.gif

I love that style Isis. Now I see why u got so many compliments
smile.gif
Take a pic with it decorated too when you get a chance.

Wow! Thank you ladies!
Ayeshia - I'll take a decorated pic as soon as I get more batteries. For some reason, regular alkaline batteries are not working in my camera.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I love that style Isis. Now I see why u got so many compliments
smile.gif
Take a pic with it decorated too when you get a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see it decorated too...but I can see already that it's a very cute style and it looks easy to do...when my hair gets a little longer I want to try it
smile.gif

ur hair is very thick and beautiful, looks great, Glad u found a protective style u LOVE, am getting tired of this bun

Hey Isis,

I braided my hair last night in two braids and I thought it looked so cute on my. I'm going to start doing two braids as a protective style now so I can extend the time I get my next touchup, and to prevent me from combing or fooling with my hair!
wink.gif

Im laughing about the exotic thing bc a couple of guys have told me I look foreign with my hair in a braid out...lol. My best guy friend also says its sexy. the funny thing is its the easiest and least stressful thing to do to my hair.

looks cute!!! u go girl...

Thank you CaramelHonee and ladies again for all of your wonderful compliments! Technically, I can wake up, take off my scarf and go (like Jainygirl says she does!)
laugh.gif
But I haven't done that yet.

Poohbear - I bet you look really pretty in your two braids! It's easy to do too and an alternative to buns.

Keylargo - my hair is in curly bangs in the front

Leslie C - There's something about braids and braidouts, maybe the waviness that spells exotic to some people. This guy who said that to me is Latino And you're right, braidouts are easy and stress-free to do.
smile.gif

I sometimes do two large cainrows and go out with it, with the right acessories it can look great!!

Wow, Isis. Your hair is gorgeous. Too bad my hair is to fragile right now but I will hold onto this one for use in *hopefully* a couple of months.

Thank you again ladies for your comments and compliments.

I took a couple of pics of this style with the accessories I wore yesterday and today and posted them in my album.
Flahssssss.gif

I'm trying to keep it simple and tomorrow I may wear a real flower or two. Flowers, beads, hair sticks, silk ribbons, jewelry, the possibilities are endless. Today I wore a loose tendril on the side and received compliments again.

The humidity has been exceptionally high lately and it feels really good not to think about my hair with this style. And fortunately, my new growth blends in with the braids as I continue to stretch out my relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
I sometimes do two large cainrows and go out with it, with the right acessories it can look great!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet that works with your pretty pin curls too Lonei!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
Very pretty style. The accessories really set it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I think this looks great!
smile.gif

Thank you Vanessa22! I'm so happy that my new growth blends in with this style because it's really getting puffy these days. Even after I get my retouch, I'll continue with this style along with my braidouts this summer.

You know, Isis, you (and the hair lady's washing detangling technique) gave me an idea for an easy style after posting this. I was separating my hair in sections while detangling and twisted them as I detangled and THEN decided to leave my hair twisted. I pinned most up with decorative bobby pins and let the rest hang down in the back and was complimented ALL day. You are a genius!

That style is really cute, especially with that little butterfly clip! I may have to add this style to my repetoire!

BB

Isis, I am so glad you wore this style out! I fell in love with it the minute I saw it on you. I was planning to wear it to work today, but I was so busy, I forgot. I'm gonna make time this weekend to try this style.

If things work out well, I will add it to my list of pretty protective styles.
smile.gif

This is a pretty style. I used to do something similar, but without accessories. I will need to experiment with some. Thanks for sharing.

Back