Another Oil Rinse Rave!

Mocha5

So I'm almost 11 weeks post relaxer. My longest stretch ever! (Pats myself on the back). The detangling is no joke right now so after reading the oil rinse threads I figured I'd give it a try. Last night I applied olive oil all over my hair, put a plastic bag on and went to bed. This morning, I rinsed it out. As I was rinsing I was able to comb right through my hair...new growth and everything! I didn't even need a detangler. No tangles and no need for a moisturizer. This is def a keeper for me especially since I workout 6 days a week. I'll also be trying this out on my daughter's hair because her hair is so dry. I can't wait to get the coconut oil. Thanks for the oil rinse threads, ladies!! :grin:

Congrats! :flowers:

Try using a moisturizing conditioner after you rinse the oil out... it's even better. :eek:

Seriously, ladies, I can't believe how well this works for me. I don't know about adding the conditioner, Sareca. Lol...I'm scared it'll mess something up. But I'm off to find your thread and read it in its entirety. :grin:

Seriously, ladies, I can't believe how well this works for me. I don't know about adding the conditioner, Sareca. Lol...I'm scared it'll mess something up. But I'm off to find your thread and read it in its entirety. :grin:

LOL! I know what you mean. Without the conditioner it's an oil wash. I rinse the oil out with conditioner.

Pocahontas started a thread about oil washes last year I think.

Me, too! Yesterday I took Candy_C's advice and broke out the old Shikaikai, Alma and Vatika coconut oils. I mixed them all together and did my oil rinse. I am now closing in on 18 weeks post-relaxer and my K-Cutter ran through all this hard, dry NG without any problems. I did to try using a moisturizing conditioner after the rinse as well. I workout 6 days a week and it's havoc on my hair.

Back