Another new user

Premierepearl08

I have been here for about a week now..I'm just a little low on time so I'm just now getting the chance to post. I was too glad to find that there is a forum such as this. I cut all fo my relaxed hair off in 1999 down to 1/2 an inch. My hair is naturally 4a/b, and it isn't very long (about 5 inches from my scalp). I am trying to grow long, thick, beautiful, and very healthy hair. Any advice? I could use all of the adcive that I could get! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You can get great hair care advice here. It would be helpful if you post some information on your regime. How often do you shampoo and condition, and what products do you use? What oils and cremes do you use? Do you use heat? Give us a little more info to go on, and we'll be happy to make suggestions.

Hey Premierepearl08,

Welcome to the board! When you have some time, read through as many posts as possible. You will find a lot of information. Welcome aboard!

Hi and welcome! I found keeping my natural hair well moisturised(rinsing or shampooing at least every other day) is helping me attain growth.

Welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The first thing I can tell you is stick with the board and let your mind soak up all the information like a sponge. You will have a lot of trial and errors (but this is because you will want to try EVERYTHING). /images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't be hard on yourself when you have setbacks...know that your hair is growing.

Hello and welcome
When I first went natural curl activator became my best friend! A lot of the ladies here use and like World of Curls Activator. It really moisturises your natural hair.
That's my tip for ya!
Hope it helps!
Valleygirl
PS Are you an AKA?

Welcome. Sounds like you have that thick strong lovely (4b.) hair. I love thick hair. I am natural also. Looking forward to sharing. Bonjour.

Yes, ma'am, pink and green forever! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hey, thanks for the information. I have used curl activator, but it makes my hair feel greasy and I hate that! I'm still searching for a good curl activator without all of the grease. Shoot, maybe I'm applying it wrong. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Let me know if you find anything! Are you an AKA?

I forgot to post my current regime! My hair is layered with the longest portion hitting my neck, and the shortest hitting my eyebrows..pre-shrinkage that is. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sometimes my hair spirals, sometimes not, it depends upon the products I use. Right now, I use Creme of Nature shampoo and Aussie Moist Conditioner. I wash my hair no more than once a week, but rinse it every day and apply the conditioner and L.A. Looks Frizz (free?) Gel, shake and go.

My hair, as I said before is 4a/b and cottony

Try Care Free Curl Activator. It comes in a gold bottle with a red top. You can usually find it at most drug stores. I didn't think it was greasy. It weighs the hair down and moisturises too.

Skee Wee Soror!!!

Valleygirl

Thanks for that lovely welcome! I certainly appreciate it! Hopefully as my hair grows out some ( in JESUS' name! *grin*) I will include a few photos. Have a blessed one, ladies!

Hi Premierepearl08,
You'll get some great advice here. The best thing about this forum is everyone is here to share. There is no 'seperattism' between the naturals and relaxed. Everyone shares the wealth.

Back