Another Horror Story! Naturals weigh in...

Thigh-length? How did she wear it?

This is definitely a thread that needs some PICS!

LOL!

From thigh-length to EAR-length? :eek:

Yall, I wish this wasnt true, it is, but friend did call me and I told her to get to the pharmacy:

Answer from friend:

Kids dont have lice anymore they have shorter hair, washed all the sheets ect.

She DID go to the doctor, ( I stand corrected) she got a prescription and it worked but she couldn't get rid of nits because of her length. So the cycle continued.

She entertained a relaxer the doctor (black) told her to get a relaxer to kill the lice. but, (explanation from friend) because she had 4ft of hair to work with, she was limited with her funds.

Tha all I know folks.

Uggghhh!!! 4ft of hair of natural 4B hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I feeling sick!

I am at least glad she got rid of them. I need a drink. Where is my orange juice?! Mercy!

That's horrible!

As much as I pine over 18" inches I can't imagine how much psychological turmoil that could be had from going from thigh length to almost-no-length hair.

I would have texturized.

Or fully relaxed.

Or had a HARD press -right to the scalp. Burns heal faster than hair grows.

Or a VICIOUS curl with MARCEL irons. Old school. Protein could build my hair back up.

I'm serious.

I can only pray that those around her support her through this. This is just horrible. :nono:
I know! I would have just emotionally died!

I think being preggers back to back helped her hair grow so long. She was pregnant for 8 years straight. She never combed it, she braided it and put a rubber band at the end and kept on going.

I know! I would have just emotionally died!

I think being preggers back to back helped her hair grow so long. She was pregnant for 8 years straight. She never combed it, she braided it and put a rubber band at the end and kept on going.

8 years of pregnancy. This woman is a walking wonder!

Well it is interesting to see what happens with 4B hair natural and multiple pregnancies. At least for one woman it really grew.

Hey all,

I'm the friend of the woman who went from almost knee length to above her ear.

Gotta question, shoot the breeze.

I know someone who applied olive oil to their child's hair and then covered with a plastic cap and it killed the lice as they smothered in the oil. She even told me that the nurse told her to do that. As the prescriptioned shampoos can be too strong for the hair strand and damage it.

Hey all,

I'm the friend of the woman who went from almost knee length to above her ear.

Gotta question, shoot the breeze.

I hope you come back. :look:

My question is, was she as traumatized by her hair cut as we all are? :look:

My thinking is, she seems to not have too many resources (time, finances, etc.) that would allow her to get a relaxer, research options, etc. And you said that she braided it and did nothing else, so maybe her hair wasn't a priority and thus cutting it wasn't too horrific for her? Just wondering. :grin:

ok here with the dumb question.. I didn't think black ppl got lice... but I am glad to know that it can happen regardless of race so... I will be more careful

maybe she didn't try the mousses that are available for lice (in uk, at least). i would have used that. if that didn't work, i think i would have flat-ironed and then combed it out in order to get rid of the lice if my hair was too coily to kill them.

cutting her hair up to her ears doesn't really solve the issue as they could still be chllin' on her hair shaft anyway (unless she thinks this way, they'll be easier to get rid of). i feel for your friend but if she previously had thigh length hair then she knows what she's doing with her hair and will be able to grow it back.

I hope you come back. :look:

My question is, was she as traumatized by her hair cut as we all are? :look:

My thinking is, she seems to not have too many resources (time, finances, etc.) that would allow her to get a relaxer, research options, etc. And you said that she braided it and did nothing else, so maybe her hair wasn't a priority and thus cutting it wasn't too horrific for her? Just wondering. :grin:

Well, She had lice for almost 2 months and everything she tried, worked to kill the lice, but not the nits(lice eggs). She was going to get a relaxer but think about the money it would cost to relax 4ft. of hair!(yowzahs). She seems ok with it. Her head circumference prior to cutting it was 26" now it's like 21-22". She seems to be taking it better than me.

Because it locked, my husband did a search and found that ppl with locks who contract lice have a method of dipping the hair in boiling water and thus killing the lice, but we found this information for her too late.

The reason she finally cut it was because she woke in horror to find the lice had gotten in her ear. She was holding on to her hair as long as she could before she would have to cut it, but that was the straw that broke the camels back. She went all Britney and cut it ( i was PISSED) and hung up the phone on her.

ok here with the dumb question.. I didn't think black ppl got lice... but I am glad to know that it can happen regardless of race so... I will be more careful

Her kids got it from a white girl at school, which we are still puzzled by because her little daughter wears a scarf to school and her hair is covered, but i guess those suckers grabbed on to her scarf and went for a joy ride!

She's not 4b. Her eldest daughter who had the easiest time has 4b-4z1.2.5 hair.

Her hair is a 3c-4a,but hard to catergorize because it was so long. She didn't even have a kitchen (hair at the nape of the neck for those who don't use this term), it was all one length. It was too long to be nappy
it was just weighted hair.

Thigh-length? How did she wear it?

This is definitely a thread that needs some PICS!

LOL!

From thigh-length to EAR-length? :eek:

It was actually almost knee length, it was mid to lower thigh length. I don't have any pics of it, but have seen it a lot, with my hair obsessed self. I now call her Toni Braxton, cuz that's MAJOR!

Knee length......still can't wrap my brain around that one. So this was last weekend. Are the nits gone now

So she was a 3c/4a. Well even in all of this trama you and BillyJay have really educated us about something the majority of people of color did not realize.

We are always educating and inspiring each other on this site.

Reading this has sparked me to consider once again just letting my hair grow to whatever length it wants to.

Thank you for helping us understand your friends plight. :)

Back