Another caramocal-joy review.

RosesBlack

I don't have any pics (because I lost my stupid camera cord) but I bought some butters from Caramocal Joy and got them this week.

For reference my hair is fairly thick, multi textured texlaxed. Somewhere between just below SL and APL. I bun a majority of the time and my hair is really fluffy. My major needs are lasting moisture, good product for the price.

First up the Shea-Co Smoothing Custard. My hair has been really dry so far this winter and this product looked like just the thing. My first impression was a little tainted because the container came open in shipment and it was all over everything and I lost some of the product on packing peanuts on clean up. It smells nice, it has that nutty natural smell of shea butter. By the name I thought it would be a bit creamier in consistency. It does work pretty well, it melts nicely between my palms and absorbs very well. I'm not super impressed but it's not bad. I heavily moisturized late Monday night and lightly last night, my hair is still pretty soft and the fluff factor was pretty well controlled despite my hair getting damp when it rained as I expected from a shea butter based product. I will probably not buy it again though.

I also picked up the Vitamin E conditioning pudding to use on my edges because they are wilding out. Again seeing the word pudding in the name made me think it would be creamier. It worked okay. I wasn't blown away and my edges are softer when I use Breakfree w/a little olive oil cream with it.

I also picked up the Scalp butter. I used a little of it but it's got a little more tea tree oil in it than I like and my scalp did not approve so I won't be using the rest of it.

I would say that if you have fine or thin hair the Sheaco pudding might be a little much for frequent use. I do think it would be good if you have fine/thin tresses and baggy or bun. The Vitamin E pudding I can take or leave. I'm going to try using it as a prepoo to see if I like it any better.

If you have thicker hair I would say you could probably use the Sheaco more often.

The prices are so so. For around the same price I would rather buy the same sort of thing from Oyin honestly. Overall my impression is kind of meh. I will say that if you're like me and like multi use products, the SheaCo on dry cracked hands (my poor skin :( I hate winter) is actually really nice so it is a win based on that product being multi use.

I also got the tough butter for skin and that is actually really nice. The cocoa butter wasn't deoderized so it smells divine, it melts very well and isn't gritty. My thirsty winter skin really loves it. I will probably buy more of it unless I pick up some raw cocoa butter after the jar is empty.

Overall I'd say I'm kind of meh about the products. There was not one I don't feel like I can get something I like better for about the same price.

And I'm rambling so I'll stop now. If I find my stupid camera cord I'll add pics.

That sucks Dani...have you contacted them? One thing I can say about them is that they have very good customer service.

I still haven't used my Shea-Co smoothing custard yet...

I wasn't entirely thrilled with the customer service either. I emailed about the mess of the top not being on the Sheaco and I got no response. I don't really like that. I don't want anything but an acknowlegement would be nice. Dani did you get your order yet?

Back