another 'AYURVEDIC UPDATE' pics inside

Missi

Since starting Ayurvedic Challenges: my hair has became
1) more stronger, taunt
2) more thicker (my see-thru's became more thick)
3) i believe I increased my growth rate (also taking vitamins)
4) overall hair became more managable and healthier

pic 1 (flash off) pic 2 (flash on)

AyurvedicComp_-vi.jpg

Comp2-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Your hair is soooo gorgeous! This is clearly working for your hair. I can tell how dark & lush it gets when dry. Congratulations, girl. :yep:

Amazing, I can really tell the difference! When was each picture taken? What is your Ayurvedic Regimen?

THANK YOU!!!! =D

~ My first pic was taken May 28 and the other 2 updated pictures were takin this afternoon.

~ My regimen is taking
  • 2 Vitamins per day
  • Ayurvedic Rinses (Amla 2 tsp + Shikakai 1 tsp + Neem 1 tsp) on Co-wash days
  • Prepoo (Amla Oil, Ayurvedic Growth Tonic, Shikakai Oil, Brahmi Oil, & Vatika Oil) than I wash off with
  • Shikakai Shampoo Bar

Last edited:
I use the Shikakai Shampoo Bar ( pre-poo w/ Vatika Oil) and my hair also feels alot stronger. I am trying to be as K.I.S.S. as possible so I really havent found a way to incorporate more ayurvedic techniques in my regimen. Keep of the great growth!

Beautiful! I am loving my Ayurvedic regimen, too; I am loving shampoo bars and powder rinses! :yep:

THANK YOU!!!! =D

~ My first pic was taken May 28 and the other 2 updated pictures were takin this afternoon.

~ My regimen is taking
  • 2 Vitamins per day
  • Prepoo (Amla Oil, Ayurvedic Growth Tonic, Shikakai Oil, Brahmi Oil, & Vatika Oil) than I wash off with
  • Shikakai Shampoo Bar

What is the Ayurvedic Growth Tonic and what brand of shikaki shampoo bar are you using? Also have you boiling your water with the herbs to make your rinse and straining them or are you using them straight up?

Excellent progress! I also love the ayurvedic regimen. My hair is stronger and thicker. It's helping me with my transition from relax to texlax. I'm glad it's working for you. Keep it up!

Wait, you got what looks like 3 inches in one month?

I couldn't believe it either: i had to recount the days again: but you know what: i wasn't exercising or drinking 8 glasses of water: so taken those hair vitamins probably gave me this one day growth spurt

Very very nice Missi. What is the time lapse on the pics?

3 weeks

What is the Ayurvedic Growth Tonic and what brand of shikaki shampoo bar are you using? Also have you boiling your water with the herbs to make your rinse and straining them or are you using them straight up?

the growth tonic is from http://www.mydelouisenaturals.com
The brand is SWASTIK: it has orange wrapping and i brew my herbs: i posted a video on youtube: here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PmjOYtrL_0

I hope by exercising more and drinking more water: baggying like crazy: and scalp massages: i'll be able to get 1inch in 1 month: so from. Come on July!!!

:blush:lawd thats a lot of freakin growth in such a short time! what vits are you poppin? i'm thinkin ayurveda but i dont want to use a million different things (money's gettin tight) so what are the minimum must-haves?

Excellent growth and retention. So I'm I right i saying that that is 2 weeks and 5 days worth and growth? :shocked:
Ayurveda is working well for me also... I'm so glad I found out about it!
Keep it up!

:blush: #*&$^*%@^*#&^$*&%&@$%

[takes notes]
that's what I'm sayin!! :blush:

:blush:lawd thats a lot of freakin growth in such a short time! what vits are you poppin? i'm thinkin ayurveda but i dont want to use a million different things (money's gettin tight) so what are the minimum must-haves?

what she said :look:

I wana hop back on my Ayurvedic rinses :scratchch
Thanks for sharing, Missi!

Yeah uhm, where is Ayurveda 101 for dummies.....

Missi what can I say? Fabulous growth and retention- thank you so much for sharing and for the inspiration!!!

THANK YOU!!!! =D

~ My regimen is taking
  • 2 Vitamins per day
  • Shikakai Shampoo Bar
That's some great progress in just over 2 weeks!

You can either start with the following powders and mix them:

Amla, Shikakai, Brahmi OR Amla, Aritha, Brahmi

or just get Kalpi Tone which is a pre-mixed blend of a range of Ayurvedic powders. Personally, when I run out of my other powders, I will be sticking to Kalpi Tone... (I don't have to worry about mixing and measurements).

Before you use the powders it is recommended that you 'pre-poo' with oils so you can use Coconut Oil or Ayurvedic oils such as Vatika or Brahmi Amla. I personally use Maka Oil because I find it more moisturising than Brahmi Amla. I use Vatika Oil to seal my moisturiser.

In my opinion, they are the basics. You just need to add your favourite conditioners and deep conditioners to the regimen and thats it!

To keep it simple just start off with Kalpi Tone Vatika Oil and take it from there if you wish! :yep:

Here are some links for more ideas on how to use Ayurvedic hair products:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167723
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194049
Ayurveda Support Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305

Last edited:
Great growth Girl!!! Congratulations!!!

I have to say you just inspired me to keep doing what I'm doing. Good luck with your summer goal.

Wow! Really great growth in such a short time.:yep: I am tempted to try it, but I am more lazy than tempted and so there is no need in me even starting doing something like this.:grin: I was done when you had to brew the herbs.:grin: I wish it came pre-packaged and ready to go....then I might try it!.

i'm not into the whole powder thing, but do already use coconut oil. i'm thinkin i might get the ayurvedic growth tonic or somethin to use in my reggie, since it'll hace a lil bit of a few things all at once

Back