ANOTER HENNA UPDATE FROM CAYENNE(long)

Cayenne0622

You guys are gonna get so sick of me with this Henna high I'm on. I just finished another henna treatment and I swear my hair not felt this wonderful in years!!! Even when I thought my hair was healthy, I don't remember it feeling like this. Its still soaking we but it feels so smooth and has so much strength and elasticity!! Its insane. Also, I lost exactly 3 strands of hair!!! THAT'S IT! This from a person who was losing a minimum of 75-100 hairs at every wash. This is my second time doing this regimen and it has been wonderful both times.

Apply Evoo and Queen Helene Garlic conditioner to dry hair. Cover with cap for 20-30 mins.
Jump in the shower and wash conditioner out of hair with my prescription shampoo Nizoral. I have to leave the Nizoral in for 5 mins so I put a shower cap on while I take a quick shower. I rinse and get out of the shower to apply my henna application.
Henna mix
2 tbs of Jamila Henna
1 tbs of Amla
1 tbs of EVOO
1 small cap of Jojoba Oil
1/2 tbs of honey
1/2 tbs of Indigo
1 dash of Pectin
1/2 tbs of Aphogee Reconstructor Conditioner (not the protein treatment)
1/4 cup of water

Heat on low temp in oven for 20 mins and using a small funnel I pour the mixture into a plastic bottle. I put the nozzle cap on the bottle and apply the henna mixture to my entire head (I wear gloves to smooth it as I squeeze out of the bottle). I don't experience any dripping and no mess at all! I then wrap my hair in plastic wrap and then put a plastic cap on. I sit under the dryer for 1-2 hours and then jump in the shower to rinse the henna out. I run the water over my hair and when the water runs clear I apply NTM and this gives my hair lots O slip!!! I run my fingers through it as a final rinse. I then slap on Elasta QP DPR11 for a couple of mins and rinse. SILKY SHINY STRONG HEALTHY!!

I probably won't post pics because there probably won't be much difference between this treatment and the one I did a couple of weeks ago where I posted pics.

Thanks for tuning in!!! :lachen:

Cayenne0622 said:
You guys are gonna get so sick of me with this Henna high I'm on. I just finished another henna treatment and I swear my hair not felt this wonderful in years!!! Even when I thought my hair was healthy, I don't remember it feeling like this. Its still soaking we but it feels so smooth and has so much strength and elasticity!! Its insane. Also, I lost exactly 3 strands of hair!!! THAT'S IT! This from a person who was losing a minimum of 75-100 hairs at every wash. This is my second time doing this regimen and it has been wonderful both times.

Apply Evoo and Queen Helene Garlic conditioner to dry hair. Cover with cap for 20-30 mins.
Jump in the shower and wash conditioner out of hair with my prescription shampoo Nizoral. I have to leave the Nizoral in for 5 mins so I put a shower cap on while I take a quick shower. I rinse and get out of the shower to apply my henna application.
Henna mix
2 tbs of Jamila Henna
1 tbs of Amla
1 tbs of EVOO
1/2 tbs of honey
1/2 tbs of Indigo
1 dash of Pectin
1/4 cup of water

Heat on low temp in oven for 20 mins and using a small funnel I pour the mixture into a plastic bottle. I put the nozzle cap on the bottle and apply the henna mixture to my entire head (I wear gloves to smooth it as I squeeze out of the bottle). I don't experience any dripping and no mess at all! I then wrap my hair in plastic wrap and then put a plastic cap on. I sit under the dryer for 1-2 hours and then jump in the shower to rinse the henna out. I run the water over my hair and when the water runs clear I apply NTM and this gives my hair lots O slip!!! I run my fingers through it as a final rinse. I then slap on Elasta QP DPR11 for a couple of mins and rinse. SILKY SHINY STRONG HEALTHY!!

I probably won't post pics because there probably won't be much difference between this treatment and the one I did a couple of weeks ago where I posted pics.

This is what I have noticed - way more elasticity!! My hair is stretching way more when I do the porosity test since I started back usign henna weekly. I could go bi weekly, Iguess, but I really enjoy and look forward to the treatments.

I put plain yogurt in mine and this past weekend was the 1st time I tried it with EVOO. I love it!!

Glad you found something that worked for you! One of these days, I'm going to try cassia - I like my natural hair color, so I don't want to alter it with the henna.

preciousjewel76 said:
Glad you found something that worked for you! One of these days, I'm going to try cassia - I like my natural hair color, so I don't want to alter it with the henna.

I love cassia, too. Actually if I mix and ounce of henna and 2 ounces of cassia and apply right away, I get no color change.

Arrrgh! If i didnt just press my hair on saturday I would so try my "good" BAQ tonight! Looks like I have to wait for the weekend :( :ohwell:

Oooh I like the sound of your mixture. I just got my henna few days ago and I think i'm just gonna do some henna, evoo, little contioner and water for the first time (unreleased). What color did you get from your recipe though? Also where do you find the Queen Helene Garlic shampoos and conditioners?

Cayenne0622 said:

Henna mix
2 tbs of Jamila Henna
1 tbs of Amla
1 tbs of EVOO
1/2 tbs of honey
1/2 tbs of Indigo
1 dash of Pectin
1/4 cup of water

Your mixture sounds great. I've been thinking about doing a mild protein and never thought to add it to my henna. Great idea!!!!;)

Cayenne, your mixture sounds wonderful!!! :D Its kinda similar to what i used, but a few of my ingredients were different. Ive only done one treatment, and i was pretty pleased with the results. (I posted pics in my Fokti). However, i did find that my hair was really dry and needed extra moisture, which i did not give it. :( So i had quite a bit of breakage this wknd while combing, and was rather bummed about that. But i am NOT giving up on my Henna, because i loved the thickness and body that it gave my hair!!! I cant wait to do my second treatment.... Im touching up tomorrow and will wait one week before my next treatment. Cant wait!!!

Thanks for sharing this information, that was so helpful and encouraging! :)

:.Krys.: said:
Oooh I like the sound of your mixture. I just got my henna few days ago and I think i'm just gonna do some henna, evoo, little contioner and water for the first time (unreleased). What color did you get from your recipe though? Also where do you find the Queen Helene Garlic shampoos and conditioners?

My hair in my avatar is the color I have. It has a red tint to it because a couple of weeks ago I let the henna release some of the color. This time I didn't really let the color release. I love the color I have. Its dark and rich and has just enough of a red hue to almost look like highlights. Its a dark chocolate brown red color. If that makes sense. I got my garlic conditioner from an old broke down BSS in Houston. The bottle was all dusty. I'm not sure the conditioner is doing anything for my shedding but it could be helping. I know its primarily the Nizoral shampoo and the henna/amla is helping too.

Kini - girl, add some moisturizing ingredients to the mix. I believe the honey and evoo played a huge roll in how my hair felt and I'm telling you NTM is what brings it all home. Just put it on your hair for a few seconds and rinse while finger combing. I do not think you will be disappointed. I don't experience any tangling or dryness whatsoever. Good luck, mama!

Thanks everyone for checking in and offering your words of encouragement and insight!:grin:

Henna is the bomb. Thanks so much for sharing. I swear since I started using henna and MNT, it's like I have a new head of hair. I don't even recognize my hair anymore. And the strength is something I'm just not used to as a fine haired lady. Henna for life. :D

Thanks mucho!! I am really enjoying it! And Armyqt...I'm a henna for life person now too! I usually don't push products for people to try but for people who are dealing will fine hair that feels fragile and lacking shine, I would suggest this one. One thing I think I'm noticing though, and someone else may have mentioned it somewhere else, henna seems to have coated my hair to the point where I'm not relaxing completely straight under the normal amount of time. That's probably a good thing so that I don't get bone straight. Anyone else experiencing this??

HoneyDew said:
I love cassia, too. Actually if I mix and ounce of henna and 2 ounces of cassia and apply right away, I get no color change.

I can do Henna with no color change.

dlewis said:
I can do Henna with no color change.

Yes, a lot of people do henna glossing! You could mix unreleased henna (you may still get a little color, but not much) with your conditioner & oils of choice and still get the conditioning and strengthening benefits of henna! :yep:
I'll see if I can find the thread on it for you!
You could also try cassia, it's a neutral henna (although not as good as henna itself)

ETA: I bumped the thread up for you. Here's the link also:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88939&highlight=henna+glossing

Last edited:
Oh yes, please do. I knew I could use Cassia, but its harder to find. If the effects are the same with the reg henna just making sure its not released..that would be greeeatt!!!

amr501 said:
Yes, a lot of people do henna glossing! You could mix unreleased henna (you may still get a little color, but not much) with your conditioner & oils of choice and still get the conditioning and strengthening benefits of henna! :yep:

Keep the updates coming! I am "just about" ready to take the plunge this weekend...got some shed hair soaking in henna for a strand test rightnah!

(I'm hesitating because I accidentally bought hair Jamila instead of BAQ, and I don't want color release...if the strand doesn't turn bright red, it's all good).

I like your mix...I may copy it...if the test strands turn red I will wait until I can get some indigo.

But I can't wait to get some results like yours (taps foot impatiently!!!!!!!!!

amr501 said:
You could also try cassia, it's a neutral henna (although not as good as henna itself)

ETA: I bumped the thread up for you. Here's the link also:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88939&highlight=henna+glossing

Thank you so much.:D

PatTodd said:
Keep the updates coming! I am "just about" ready to take the plunge this weekend...got some shed hair soaking in henna for a strand test rightnah!

(I'm hesitating because I accidentally bought hair Jamila instead of BAQ, and I don't want color release...if the strand doesn't turn bright red, it's all good).

I like your mix...I may copy it...if the test strands turn red I will wait until I can get some indigo.

But I can't wait to get some results like yours (taps foot impatiently!!!!!!!!!

I'm cracking up at that last sentence because I know the feeling! :grin: Good luck! And remember that if you use the henna immediately and mix it using cool water, instead of heated water, then should get very little color change. Try it for an hour the first time. That was some of the best advice Sareca gave me. If you hair feels a little dry during rinsing use a conditioner that is good for putting slip back into your hair like NTM.

kinchen said:
MY HENNA JUST CAME TO MY OFFICE I AM ABOUT TO LEAVE AND START MIXING LOL

Heyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm excited for you. Be sure to update us and let us know how it turned out. I removed ACV from my mixture because it made my hair dry the first time I henna'd.

Back