And I thought my hair would never grow! A year's worth of progress. (Pics inside)

Hey, ladies. Just wanted to share with y'all the progress of my infamous "breakage area." This area broke off due to heat damage and stayed shorter than the rest of my hair due to a stylist then overlapping relaxers and constantly trimming the overprocessed hair.

We'll start with this time last year, early 2005...
I've never shown this picture.
A HOT MESS!
:eek:
th_progress1.jpg

A couple months later, April 2005...
It was lightly pressed and very thin looking.
:perplexed
th_progress2.jpg

Fast forward to Sept 2005...
My hair thickened up, but needed a trim. :ohwell:
th_Sept21-vi.jpg

Here is Nov. 2005...
Feeling good about my progress. :)
th_Nov30-vi.jpg

The other day, Feb. 2006...
I maxiglided the back on low heat so it's not even completely straight. :D
th_hair4.jpg

In conclusion...
I've been MTGing and massaging the back and my left side so they can catch up with the right side. Each section is making its own progress.

The End :wave:

Go Candice! Go Candice! :yay: <--- I brought my friend.

Great progress girl! Not only in length but also in thickness and health. Keep it up!

wow, your hair type looks just like mine!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you stretch without breakage? Please share. At about that stage no matter what I do, I always get breakage. Please share.

Great job. I know how hard it is. I'm still trying.

Thanks for the comments, ladies! :grin:

Someone PMed me for some info. :) I figured I'd post it here as well for those that might be wondering what the heck I'm doing. :lol:

I wear my hair bunned or clipped up 97% of the time. To prevent breakage in that area, especially the middle area, I make small braids using synthetic hair. That helps to keep the strain off of my individual hair strands back there. It's like a mini protective style within a protective style. It may not be cute, but looking at my first pic I was desperate for some type of solution. For me it was better (and cheaper) than getting a full head of braids. I wear the little braids from week 3 until about a week before I relax (week 9,10). The strips of hair at the very bottom and on the sides covers things up when I pull my hair up into the bun. The extra hair also makes the bun thicker.

I MTG during weeks 3-7 of my relaxer. I stretch my relaxers to 10-12 weeks. Since the hair in the back is braided it's easy to wash and the relaxed hair won't break off from the new growth manipulation. I only have to worry about detangling the rest.

I keep my hair well moisturized (Keracare Oil Moisturizer and Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and wash my hair (Keracare or Nexxus products) about every other week to cut down on manipulation. The last couple of washes I use the "Extend-A-Perm" system (shampoo, conditioner, lotion) to soften my new growth. The thermal straightening lotion along with blowdrying my hair afterwards really works! :up:

I'm going to have to abandon the braids soon because of the length. I'll keep using the Extend-A-Perm and the maxiglide on low heat to stretch my relaxers. I also plan to only relax the back every other time I relax the front since it grows slower and is weaker.

It looks so shiney and healthy! Good for you, You're hair is beautiful!

Lookin' good, Candace! Thanx 4 sharing. My growth seems soooooooo slow (but steady). I hope my year update is as great as yours.

Back