An Introduction and a Big Thank You! Long

dynamic1

I never introduced myself and I have been lurking here for a while. I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful, beautiful ladies of LHCF who have shared your advice, reviews and pictures. You are truly inspirational. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My story: Pre-LHCF, my hair grew from super, super, super short to past brastrap without really paying attention. Mainly because of a supportive stylist who helped me through my scissor addiction (I was the scissor happy client). Once I found out how convenient longer hair was that was all she wrote, I never wanted short hair again. (buns after workouts, no running late, no weekly salon appointments to keep it tight, etc..). When I researched transitioning I found LHCF.

Well now I am at a crossroads and really frustrated! I am transitioning from a texturized/relaxed hair (medical reasons turned into curiosity). My last texturizer was July 03. I wanted my hair cut off in April 04 but my stylist wants to trim gradually. She did do a mini-chop in April into layers. Anyway, for the last several weeks my hair was a tangled, matted mess! I started ripping through it in frustration and almost grabbed the scissors. But then I finally stopped and researched the threads on this site.

You ladies saved my hair /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

I did the tangle buster routine one week. The next week I deep conditioned without any problems. In addition, I gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from this board. I was waiting to make an album to introduce, but that's taking forever. I can't even get an avatar to work properly.

Again thank you LHCF. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome the LHCF Dynamic /images/graemlins/wave.gif Wow that's great, 16 months of newgrowth. How long do you plan to transition? There are many transitioning on the board so feel free to jump in with any advice or questions that you have. /images/graemlins/smile.gif -- jainygirl

Hi Dynamic...newbie here myself.
Yes, this site is a positive blessing indeed.

Welcome! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Thanks everyone,

Jainygirl: I was scared into transitioning instead of chopping. My growth rate has slowed down due to medical complications and has periods of heavy shedding. I thought if I just put a milder chemical for less time it would be better, but my stlist doesn't think it is a good idea anymore. Plus she loves, loves , loves transitioning people. I never really knew there was such a thing until I found hair boards.

My sister stopped reaxing about three years ago and never chopped, never even thought it was an issue. Oh boy, you should see her hair now. When I go home for Christmas I'll take pictures of her hair and mine. I only have event pictures.

It's not so bad between the texturized, and natural newgrowth, but I'm ready to at least get rid of the fully relaxed ends at the beginning of the year.

Moisture, patience, washing in sections, and LHCF have helped me tremendously.

Welcome Dynamic. I am so happy when people come out of lurk mode./images/graemlins/clap.gif More people to learn from in my opinion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I like hearing about hair growth that comes without even trying. I hope you'll share photos.

Lorraine your hair is beautiful. It reminds me of my sister's when she straightens hers. I really did'nt realize how long it was until I was at risk of losing it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dynamic1 said:
Lorraine your hair is beautiful. It reminds me of my sister's when she straightens hers. I really did'nt realize how long it was until I was at risk of losing it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww, thank you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you still having problems? And don't worry, all that is going to change thanks to the ladies on this board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif And you betta hold on to that stylist /images/graemlins/smile.gif She really sounds like a winner.

LorraineG: I am still experiencing the issues. But hopefully it will get better, once I found out what the problem was, I took the steps to treat it. It will get better though.

Miss_brown: Oh I am holding on! unfortunately, I moved away, but I go back to her at least once a month. I have a backup where I am at, but it is not the same.

[ QUOTE ]
dynamic1 said:
LorraineG: I am still experiencing the issues. But hopefully it will get better, once I found out what the problem was, I took the steps to treat it. It will get better though.

Miss_brown: Oh I am holding on! unfortunately, I moved away, but I go back to her at least once a month. I have a backup where I am at, but it is not the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well stay strong hon and happy growing.

[ QUOTE ]
dynamic1 said:
Thanks everyone,

Jainygirl: I was scared into transitioning instead of chopping. My growth rate has slowed down due to medical complications and has periods of heavy shedding. I thought if I just put a milder chemical for less time it would be better, but my stlist doesn't think it is a good idea anymore. Plus she loves, loves , loves transitioning people. I never really knew there was such a thing until I found hair boards.

My sister stopped reaxing about three years ago and never chopped, never even thought it was an issue. Oh boy, you should see her hair now. When I go home for Christmas I'll take pictures of her hair and mine. I only have event pictures.

It's not so bad between the texturized, and natural newgrowth, but I'm ready to at least get rid of the fully relaxed ends at the beginning of the year.

Moisture, patience, washing in sections, and LHCF have helped me tremendously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome dynamic! /images/graemlins/wave.gif You'll love it here. It sounds like you have a really great stylist. What city do you live in?

I'm glad you found the information you needed. This board truly is a hair saver for a lot of us.
02.gif

Back