Am i walking into a setback?

KynniB

I want to dye my hair jet black with natural instincts semi permanent dye. I tried it almost 2 yrs ago and things were all bad. I tried to dye it a plum color and it didnt take to the next week i dyed it jet black and all my curls fell. it went form 4a to 3b,3c. Im not sure if its because i dyed it 2x in a week or thats just what dye does. Am i walking into a trap?

Last edited:
Morning Kynni! Its funny you should ask this cuz I just posted yesterday about one of my major set-backs for 2009 being permanantly dying my hair jet black. I figured cuz it was dark and didnt have to be lifted it wasnt bad...

Well, im not natural, but the color did change the texture of my hair and it felt like straw!!! I couldnt condition it enough and the fact that I had to get accustomed to working w/this new texture didnt make it any better. Needless to say, I was MBL a few inches from waste and I had to get cut to a lil above BSL and now im back up to APL.

I just couldnt adjust to the new texture before the breakage set in. Not to say this will be your experience, but from here on out I'll stick to my jet black rinse! In hair, ya live, ya learn.

HTH

I just posted about this in another thread - have you considered henna/indigo? It's so much healthier than chemical dyes and many ladies get various shades from jet black to cool browns. It is a lot more work though. If you do a forum & internet search, you will get lot of info.

HHG

It doesn't sound like it would be a good idea OP.
I am a true believer in henna/indigo for color, with an occasional cellophane thrown in to mix it up. I will never use commercial dyes or colors in my hair again. Good luck with your choice!

Back