Am I too picky? Online Dating Woes

afrochique

Ladies, is there something wrong with me? These are some of the messages I received in December of last year in the course of online dating. I would really like to be in a relationship, yet I am very picky concerning height, age, spelling ability. I am not too picky about the looks as long as the person looks decent and dresses well. Am I too picky? These are unedited: copy and paste.
I just recently turned 28.

i am 35. i am just looking for a friend someone who i can take to the movies and out to dinner sometime i have my own everything and do not mind treating you hit me up if you want to talk father thanks Ben,

I'm a little older, 41. What do you do for money honey? How do you get your kicks?

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]HI, even though I'm 5'9, not over weight and am not the best seller in the world
i can at least take you to a movie this evening and grab a bite just to show you that there are actually
till a few good guys. I'm at home in this rain and the company will be nice I think. Of course I pay for it all.
Not that you need me to but because my mom raised me the correct way. Reply and I will send a pic
to tickle your fancy

[/FONT]Most days I rise from my bed with anticipation of what the day will bring. I savor each and every drop of my morning coffee, which I drink black or with a tiny bit of creamer. After a long shower I drench my caramel skin with lotion and add a hint of smell good. I never leave the house without at least some chapstick on my full lips. Once I select an outfit that I feel will showcase my solid body, I feel like I'm ready to take on the world. I have a thirst for life and a passion for trying new things. I'm a fearless officer of the law and the only thing missing is a genuine woman to stand by my side. I am a man of quality looking for a friendship that will lead to a significant relationship.

solid body= beer gut
hi....yeah i totally like just hanging out playing monopaly.........i like having fun in everything i do...........and i think you do too so i look forward to hearing from you

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice.

I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

In short, I'm not like most men.

Care to chat? My yahoo is mrrizeal

I have a feeling that we are looking for extremely compatible traits in our significant others. I am a 32yo, single white male, 5'6" 140lbs, dark hair, blue eyes and fit. I do have a professional job, I work in sales in the technology industry. I am new to Austin, therefore I am always looking to experience the city more. I also have two college degrees and plan to seek further education down the road. I value knowledge and education immensely.

I look for intelligent women. That is my greatest trait that I seek out in a woman. Likewise, someone that is humorous and who enjoys new experiences, but also enjoys experiencing those events with someone important to them.

If this connects with you at all, let me know. I would enjoy talking with you more.

Last edited:
:rofl: at these letters! Are you asking if you are too picky for NOT wanting to date any of these rare treasures? Because you're not. :nono:

Me personally, if I was single, I would definitely go on a 1st date with 3, 4, 6 & 7, just for the laughs and the experience. You never know, you might connect with one of them. The other ones had too many spelling errors or just plain creepy sounding. :nono: I honestly feel like there is nothing to lose besides boredom, if you go on one date with a guy. As long as you didn't get negative vibes, why not? But if they REALLY don't appeal to you, wait for one who does. Nothing wrong with that either.

Girl, I'm having the same experience, except I get only around 1 message a month from these fools. Sometimes, I wonder how people even meet online, because of these messages are a hot mess. I just keep my page open for the comedy now. You seem to get a lot of messages, so hopefully someone decent will message you soon. Good luck.

#3 & #7, might be good for a date or so.

#6 Is funny, I like guys who aren't super serious, but he should know you a bit first before is funny stories.

Yeah, that online stuff has caused me to put it to the backburner. There are some real creepy guys out there. I'll just stick to meeting them irl.

No your not picky. When your tryna meet someone in essence your trying to "sell'' yourself make yourself as appealing as possible. Play up your attributes if you will. Some of these guys I'm reading it going:nono:. These guys don't seem interesting at all. Get what you want never settle.

OMG!! LOL

Some of those were funny...and I'm with you on the spelling thing. We all make typos...but please proof your sentences.

'if you want to talk father"

LOL

I had to stop reading #4. At first I thought "Wow, finally someone who types full sentences". However, as I continued reading #4, I thought "Wow, someone who's really into himself".

I'd probably go on a date with #6 and #7.

Short answer: No, you're not picky. Selective, but not too picky.

3, 6 and 7 seem good, with #7 being the best IMO. Now that you say #6 looks copied, I'd cross it out and roll with 3 or 7. The last one seems like he put a lot of thought into it and he sounds like he could be a great guy. What's the problem with them that you see?

Pick 6 because he is.......the most interesting man alive (Dos Equis) Geez LOL I would go out with him for kicks and giggles. How can you resist a man who translates ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees. Sounds like a f##ckin saint!!

Hell no you are not being picky!

Pick 6 because he is.......the most interesting man alive (Dos Equis) Geez LOL I would go out with him for kicks and giggles. How can you resist a man who translates ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees. Sounds like a f##ckin saint!!

Hell no you are not being picky!

:spinning: "Stay thirsty my friend" :rolleyes: @ #6

3, 6 and 7 seem good, with #7 being the best IMO. Now that you say #6 looks copied, I'd cross it out and roll with 3 or 7. The last one seems like he put a lot of thought into it and he sounds like he could be a great guy. What's the problem with them that you see?

#7 was ok with me, except the height. I am 5'7 and almost always wear high heels, taking me to 6'0.

#3: I don't know how he looks like and I guess I am very judgmental on spelling and grammar especially with the first message that a guy sends me.

Back