Am I The Only One

BeeMine14

Who's scalp can not tolerate a sew in or individual braids? As much as I love sew ins and braids and no matter how loose the stylist braids/sews, my scalp will throb for at LEAST a week along with bumps on the scalp. I am very tender headed

Who's scalp can not tolerate a sew in or individual braids? As much as I love sew ins and braids and no matter how loose the stylist braids/sews, my scalp will throb for at LEAST a week along with bumps on the scalp. I am very tender headed

The only hairstylist that didnt pull my hair out from weaves charged and arm and a leg and had a horrible stank attitude. The other 2 were breaking my edges out and didn't try to stop it. Needless to say no one is allowed in my hair now but me. Ive saved a lot of time, money, and hair this way. And my edges have filled back in nicely.

That's why I learned to do my own braids. I really don't feel like it this time and I'm tempted to go to someone but my hairline just got "back right" and if they mess it up I'm going to be kicking myself.

Wow, I could have written every single one of these posts.:sad: My hair is just starting to get healthy after 5 years of sew ins. My hair is very fine. So I guess I have to be extra careful. I wish I could get a full sew in and its really tempting.
I was thinking of getting a sew in for a week. :look: (just for an event)
But like Phoenix, if I were to have a setback after all this hard work, I would not be happy.

That's why I learned to do my own braids. I really don't feel like it this time and I'm tempted to go to someone but my hairline just got "back right" and if they mess it up I'm going to be kicking myself.

Well for me the thread used to sow the weave rips my hair out doesn't matter what type. Nylon, or standard Beauty SUPPLY store threads.

I tell you this I was about to pop this African Stylist in her face with my swinging keys. It was hilarious I just showed her she was ripping my hair and she did it again. So that time I knew it was intentionally Disrespectful. The keys swung real close to her face as I was Jumping out of the chair. I told her I was CrayZ she like I'm from Togo I was like what ya be doing over there in TOGO WE was play fighting and hugging in her living room. CrayZ I know. But LUCRECE SALON WAS JEHOVAH HAIR BRAIDING. as===A Jehovah's Witness I already built kind Rapport with her based on the Bible.

But that day for a second I was about to go hot mess. Let me tell you when I got home I couldn't take the way some off the parts were. I tipped her a very kind tip of 20 dollars she was going to get my hair right.

Thank Jehovah God I opened those few senegalese. My hair was seriously matted in one day. And through the GRACE of God I discovered it the next DAY. She used spritz I was holding back small tears. Cause if I have to take all these braids out then unmatt or de matt 2 sectional twists per braid. That was going to take forever and I was going out of town the next day.

Problem Resolution.

CHICORO GROW IT:lachen:

If it wasn't for

I do my own hair and try to be super gentle.
If I do Senegalese twists then I soak the hair in ACV beforehand to remove the chemical coating.
Otherwise my hair is usually in crochet braids (which promote a lot of retention) or in a boring bun (e.g. top, middle, side, blah blah)

Back