Am I the only one who refuses to buy...

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I don't think they should have chosen brown, but I think that they wanted this line to stand out and be accepted by black consumers. Really, how many black women do you know that will not put "white girl stuff" in their hair??? I also think they were thinking of our skintones...the brown is a coppery color, the gold is nice, and the purple is regal...I really doubt they were trying to offend.

Personally I use their Hydrating Curls conditioner though...I love the smell of Pantene!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you Miss K. I feel like I am buying a special product made esp for me but the main thing is that it works. I bought the R and N anti dandruff shampoo for my SO and he really likes it.
The conditioner smells really nice as well like fresh apples
smile.gif

And its not brown its bronze ha ha ha !!

[ QUOTE ]
ladybug said:
I agree with the packaging...but for me its the whole concept all together...

its like they want to jump on the hair care product bandwagon...becuz they know blk women spend millions of dollars each yr on hair care...and to be apart of the wealth they make up a supposedly " black hair care line"...so that they can earn even more money than they already do..

also its like how does pantene know whats up with blk hair since for yrs they have only catered to a white woman market...for this reason i also am not a fan of their new relaxed and natural line..its like ok lets get a blk woman in the lab and run some tests and see if we can market a new line...1-2-3...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell it girl. That's exactly how I feel.

I dunno... I wasn't even thinking about the packaging. What I do know is that I like how this product works on my hair. I used to use DMR and Hydrating Curls. This R and N is my fave!
clap.gif

lol @ the colors! yea i was thinking that. I never brought them. I don't like that they just stuffed petroleum in the shampoo as the second ingredient. my cousin wanted me to use that in her hair (my sis brought it) and it left a big grease blob in her hair. I never used it on mine after that. My sis said the conditioner was good though. I'd rather use the white bottle products

yep. that bothered me from the start..like why the colors gotta be brown?!

i have tried their natural line and it is garbage. it didnt do anything for my hair but dry it out.

Funny you should say this because this popped up in my head the first time I seen the commercial for it. I thought I was just being too critical as an advertising major.

Yeah, I was turned off by the bottle when it came out too. Brown bottles for brown people and white bottles for white people. How ridiculous. But what bothered me even more was the fact that they combined relaxed and natural hair care together. I am natural and I prefer to used products created for my hair, as I fell many other people do, whether relaxed or natural. I mean they give white people with different hair types a variety of choices, products for curls, straight, thick, etc., etc., etc! So why can't we have the same. Relaxed and natural hair need different things. Even though the color of the bottles made me uncomfortable, this bothered me even more.

I don't see anything wrong with the bottle. It's a beautiful copper brown just like my skin is now from being in the sun. The purple reminds me of royalty and th gold of riches. After I finished using the conditioner I held on to the empty bottle for a while because it was to pretty to throw away.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I don't think they should have chosen brown, but I think that they wanted this line to stand out and be accepted by black consumers. Really, how many black women do you know that will not put "white girl stuff" in their hair??? I also think they were thinking of our skintones...the brown is a coppery color, the gold is nice, and the purple is regal...I really doubt they were trying to offend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

I've never tried anything by pantene, and personally, I don't like when any mainstream cosmetic company comes out with a "black line". To me, that translates into grease and lots of cones for all that "rough" hair... unlike non-black hair that just needs moisture and other good stuff. This is the very reason I never tried Kenra's Elucence line.

Also, considering that products that worked for me when I relaxed/texturized ceased working when I stopped, I don't see how they can assume they can just squish all black women into one bottle.

Whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I don't see anything wrong with the bottle. It's a beautiful copper brown just like my skin is now from being in the sun. The purple reminds me of royalty and th gold of riches. After I finished using the conditioner I held on to the empty bottle for a while because it was to pretty to throw away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have been reading this post since yesterday. I guess I will add my little $0.02. I really liked the packaging of the line as well. And we do have to realize that it is all about marketing a product. The color of the line has caught our eye. That is what it is meant to do wether we try it or not. And lastly, I do like the product itself.

I'm pretty sure the colors were decided based on reponses given by the target market using various research methods. They are intentionally "ethnic" but that's what folks said they wanted.

[ QUOTE ]
Chyna Red said:
This thread reminds me of a skit on In Living Color (I think it was..).when Damon was saying that the green olives come in a nice glass jar while the black olives have to come in a can.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Back