Am I the Only one that....

A

AmilLion

.....when I look at my hair in the mirror and the slightest hint of see thru ends I cut. Like for me to keep looking at see-thru ends, it depresses me and I have this strong urge to cut. So strong that I cut significant lengths off last night and want to cut more.

I used to be that person that never wanted to cut, now I'm scissor happy.

I'm like totally obsessed with hair appearance over length though I want to grow my hair out again. I don't think I'll ever make significant progress.

Nope I'm the same way.
My hair isn't thick, so I keep it cut at all times just to maitain the fullness of it. I'm not too sure if I am growing it out, right now, I am happy at the length that it's at, but I'd like to keep it at a certain fullness/thickness that to me is more important than length :yep:.

I'm kind of the same way, too. I try to strike a balance between holding on to progress and getting rid of ragged ends. When my hair isn't in a bun, I like to wear it flat-ironed straight, so it's important for me to have neat-looking ends. It also makes my hair look a lot thicker. So every now and then, I cut just the tiniest tips of the hair to create a neater appearance.

The funny thing is, getting rid of ragged ends doesn't significantly affect the overall length of the hair if the trim/dusting is done properly and isn't done too frequently. I gave myself a more agressive than normal trim yesterday (I cut from 1/4 to 1/2 inch of hair) and a friend of mine who hadn't seen my hair down in a couple of months couldn't believe how much longer my hair was from the last time she had seen it.

I use to be that way not to long ago like 4 months ago. I stopped because I'm actually trying to get to a certain length now and them scissors had to go. As much as I use to trim my hair I shouldn't need one for awhile. And since I'm bunning my hair I'm not trimming it again until I reach my goal.

Apparently you AREN'T the only one, but, Man! I can't count myself in that number. I'm waiting until I reach BSL to do a major trim, and when I pick up scissors to dust my ends, I treat them like the enemy going close to my precious babies. They're only allowed to even THINK about 1/4 inch at the most, and they are not welcome in the same room where I do my hair otherwise.

(Have I gone over the edge????? :lachen:)

I use to be scissor happy.

It is a conscious effort every month to stay away from the scissors, especially when you are going through those awkward stages where your hair is just plain weird looking...

For example my longest layer hits the top of my ear and I CANT STAND IT. But what can I do :nono:

Back