Am I only one here that doesn't want really

mj11051

long hair? You ladies have helped me with my journey and I love yall for that, But I don't want to grow my hair any longer than shoulder length. Am i considered stranger for that?:perplexed

No. I don't think you're strange for that. While I think the majority of the women here want long hair (myself included), I think the real emphasis is on healthy hair no matter the length.

I'm sure your not the only one..but as for me...I want really long hair (mbl or wl). Everyone is different though. My moms hair can grow really long but she likes and been rocking for years a very short cut...and NO it's not strange girly..lol! As long as your happy that's what counts! :)

I don't want really long hair, either. I came here to get my tore up hair healthy for once. I definitely don't want my hair longer than BSL.

No, i'm another one that don't like really long hair. I gues APL is fine for me, i consider that long hair, but is a lenght i can totally handle.

Tallnomad is right. The heatlh of it is what it's important. I'm hoping to get to WL by my wedding in 2 years,partly for styling options and partly just to say i had my hair that long once. I'm pretty sure after the wedding I'm just gonna cut it back to BSL. I'm BSL now and it is becoming alot of work.

long hair? You ladies have helped me with my journey and I love yall for that, But I don't want to grow my hair any longer than shoulder length. Am i considered stranger for that?:perplexed

Nothing is wrong with short hair. I have been loving it for the last year and half now (that is until recently). You are not strange. As long as your hair is healthy then that's all that matters.

Not at all, because your goal should be personal preference. I'm growing mine out to MBL, but things change and I may consider going back to BSL and staying at that length.

Shoulder length - APL is my final goal. I will continue to look after my hair after that so if the length increases thats good and I would decide what to do then but I haven't got an obsession with WL or anything

I think the best thing one can get out of this website is learning how to have healthy hair at any length :yep:.

When I first BC'd, my goal was actually just APL. I thought that was enough for me. Well, when I was approaching APL, I realised that my hair would not be able to do the things I wanted it to do at that length. I also realised the hair styles I loved on my fotki hair idols (who have a similar texture to me) were done on longer hair. So I switched my goal to waist-length. Part of it is also because I simply want to see if I can get there and how my hair would look once I do. I would probably be quite happy at full BSL (with my shortest layer at APL).

Last edited:

If you have a lot of shrinkage, your shoulder length will probably be MBL stretched anyhow. :grin:

I plan to maintain at BSL if I can get there.

I am thinning on top and I need some of you all's knowledge to combat that, that's why I'm here, But I admire and wish EVERYONE success with their goals.

...I want My Hair Full, Arm Pit Length, Non-Stretched...

If you have a lot of shrinkage, your shoulder length will probably be MBL stretched anyhow...

Exactly, it's all in the shrinkage. Some of my hair is shoulder-length, un-stretched, but it stretches past waist-length. If you never straighten your hair, you may not realize how long un-stretched shoulder or APL really is, :lol:.

I am currently APL and I don't even have a goal length. I had no desire to grow longer hair before I found this site. Sometimes I think it would be cool to grow to MBL or longer, but really my goal is to transition with healthy hair, and somewhere along the journey I'll decide how long I want my natural hair to be before chopping.

Exactly, it's all in the shrinkage. Some of my hair is shoulder-length, un-stretched, but it stretches past waist-length. If you never straighten your hair, you may not realize how long un-stretched shoulder or APL really is, :lol:.

And this is so True.
I never Straighten My Hair or Apply any type of Heat.
When Stretched My Hair is Bra Strap and Passed Arm Pit Length:blush:
This is the Catch......I want All Of My Hair One Length.
Until All Of My Hair is One Length.....I consider My Hair Shoulder Length:ohwell:
I Guess That's My Perfection and Analness:look:

I only want my hair to be about APL. I've had braids and twists (extensions) of all different lengths, and APL flatters me the most.

I Want Full, Healthy, Lush, Luxurious, Thick Chin Length or Collarbone Length (at the most) Blunt Hair. That's All I Want!:blush:

No, it's not strange at all. Lots of women don't want long hair. My mom, aunt & sister all have a similar short hair cut (ear length) & have for 10 - 15 years.

girl nawwww, that's not strange at all :nono:. It just depends on one's personal preference. I used to want really long hair all the time, which I considered that to be shoulder. Then when I got to shoulder, that wasnt long enough for me anymore and so i wanted WL. I've never met that goal, but now I'm thinking between BSL and MBL is just fine for me. But even if I dont make those goal, healthy hair is what I'm really after.

Nothing wrong with it. I would like mbl hair just to see if i can get there and then i may cut it to a pixie cut and keep it that way. I came here wanting long hair, now i just want healthy hair.

I would be Happy with APL, I never thought my hair would grow past Neck L.
So any length I get makes me happy.

I definitely agree. I don't want anything longer that SL fully natural hair (which would probably be BSL straightened). It's more of a journey of knowing my natural hair and growing a healthy full head of hair. It's not weird at all!

Not at all... For myself APL is all I'm looking for once I'm there I have no plans on going longer... Hell to some people that's not long hair at all...

Back